At the recent Six Invitational we had a chance to get nostalgic with Siege dev team members on Rainbow's history
Scoping the History of the Rainbow Six Series, with Dev Input
Capcom brings back its classic action series for the current generation of hardware. So hows does Dante and gang hold up after all these years?
Devil Mary Cry 5 Review - Stylish with a Capital SS
For the longest time I refused to finish Red Dead Redemption 2. Here's why...
After Almost 6 Months I Finally Finished Red Dead Redemption 2
PS3 Media server software?
BillyHardball
Brisbane, Queensland
9014 posts

What do people use and recommend?
09:51am 12/05/09 Permalink
system
Internet
--
09:51am 12/05/09 Permalink
Any
Brisbane, Queensland
311 posts
10:05am 12/05/09 Permalink
Bad
Cainer
Brisbane, Queensland
880 posts
+1

Can play anything i've thrown at the ps3 using this software.
10:16am 12/05/09 Permalink
Khel
Melbourne, Victoria
13329 posts
Does ps3 media server handle subtitles? Like if you have a movie with a .srt file, will it stream the subtitles with the movie?
10:22am 12/05/09 Permalink
BillyHardball
Brisbane, Queensland
9015 posts
Thanks fellas.
10:25am 12/05/09 Permalink
$ack
Brisbane, Queensland
515 posts
I've been using tversity.

But that link posted above has a linux package. EPICWIN!
11:02am 12/05/09 Permalink
Bad
Cainer
Brisbane, Queensland
881 posts
Khel - yes ps3 media server handles subtitles in embedded mkv's and external .srt files. You can also alter the font size and drop shadow etc on the font.
11:30am 12/05/09 Permalink
partyhat
Brisbane, Queensland
1192 posts
ps3 media server is the best.
11:32am 12/05/09 Permalink
Khel
Melbourne, Victoria
13338 posts
I just installed it and its kind of annoying to set up. Its confusing, I click the "Install as a windows service" and it seems to install something completely separate that I can't manage through the client software, I have to directly manage through the services menu? And then it seems settings I set in the client software don't take affect. Like I added folders I wanted to share, but when I connect to the media server with my xbox, it just lists the contents of my entire C drive and D drive instead of just the folders I chose to share.

Not very impressed with it so far =\
11:04pm 13/05/09 Permalink
DM
Gold Coast, Queensland
970 posts
I just use windows media player. Works... somewhat for me. Videos have a tendency to lock sometimes and its a bit finiky but it works pretty decently, though you can't play MKV files
11:33pm 13/05/09 Permalink
Bad
Cainer
Brisbane, Queensland
882 posts
Khel - I dont use the windows service. I just installed the program, have the program run on windows startup, and then share my folders. Thats my entire process to get the ps3 to detect it and browse only the folders I use. *shrug*. Takes all of 5 seconds to setup and the ps3 found it automatically.
09:24am 14/05/09 Permalink
Khel
Melbourne, Victoria
13343 posts
Maybe I'll get rid of the service then, I think thats whats giving me grief.

Once I did get it working, it did perform better than tversity does though, so I'm sticking with it.
09:34am 14/05/09 Permalink
partyhat
Brisbane, Queensland
1194 posts
it's probably showing all your hard drives as that is the default. remove that from the list.
I've found that it has my shares that I setup in WMP shared too.

The interface is a bit confusing, and I did install it as Windows Service too, but it works fine so I have no problems wiht it.
11:57am 14/05/09 Permalink
system
Internet
--
11:57am 14/05/09 Permalink
AusGamers Forums
Show: per page
This thread is archived and cannot be replied to.