A look at Stay in the Light, from one-man studio Sunside Games. Designed specifically for NVIDIA GeForce RTX graphics cards.
Stay in the Light – Indie Horror Powered by Ray-Tracing
198X is endearing, and how it presents a compilation of sorts of an era is something that leaves a positive if not lasting impression.
198X Review - Coming of Age in the Arcade Era
We sit down with Blizzard to discuss the creation of its visually striking new zones – Nazjatar and Mechagon.
From Concept to Screen – World of Warcraft's Rise of Azshara
Techland's next parkour leap into Dying Light takes 'post-apocalyptia' to a new level as we explore...
Dying Light 2 - Renaissance Mad Max
Ghostbusters game Sony exclusive, for now.
darkjedi
Brisbane, Queensland
1683 posts
Via Kotaku:

According to MCV, Sony has negotiated a shock 11th-hour deal, whereby the PS3 and PS2 versions of the game will be released not by Atari, but by Sony Computer Entertainment. Those versions will be released on June 19, the same day that the films due to out on Blu-Ray.

But what about the other versions? Theyll still be published by Atari, but apparently the Sony deal includes a timed exclusivity clause, whereby the 360, Wii and DS versions will be delayed until later in the year.

Did I mention how much I hate exclusivity deals for Games? Whilst the above is talking about the European release, as we're a PAL territory I can't help but feel it'll extend to shafting Nintendo/XBox owners here as well. If the game ends up being arse then nothing lost, but so far it's looking pretty promising from both the quick play I had at Supanova & the videos/interviews on it.

10:07am 07/05/09 Permalink
system
Internet
--
10:07am 07/05/09 Permalink
Raven
Melbourne, Victoria
3603 posts
Bugger, this was going to be the next game I bought for Wii.

It won't make me buy a PS3 though, and I suspect the same is true for most people, so this is just stupid.
10:09am 07/05/09 Permalink
darkjedi
Brisbane, Queensland
1685 posts
12:38pm 07/05/09 Permalink
thermite
Brisbane, Queensland
1381 posts
If a game is not available on Wii I simply don't buy it. Their loss. Who the hell has a game machine made by Sony? These are the people who made those s***** portable radios in the 80s.
12:44pm 07/05/09 Permalink
Khel
Melbourne, Victoria
13319 posts
Oh wow, so its not coming out in PAL territories at all on the other platforms? Thats harsh
12:47pm 07/05/09 Permalink
thermite
Brisbane, Queensland
1382 posts
Nobody knows anythign for sure yet regarding the PAL stuff
12:52pm 07/05/09 Permalink
tequila
Brisbane, Queensland
2101 posts
theres a film?
01:08pm 07/05/09 Permalink
darkjedi
Brisbane, Queensland
1686 posts
Khel: From the original article about the EU release, they're coming but "not until much later".

Teq: The re-release of ghostbusters on Blu-ray I beleive.

I mean, platform exclusitivity isn't a new concept by any stretch. That said, pulling this sort of crap less than a month or so away from release when the title has been marketed and talked up as being developed for all platforms... well, yeah. Rolling out "rediculous" and "a slap to the face" is quite apt I think ;)
01:47pm 07/05/09 Permalink
Dazhel
Gold Coast, Queensland
267 posts
I wonder if this affects any planned PC version?
02:37pm 07/05/09 Permalink
thermite
Brisbane, Queensland
1387 posts

theres a film?

I was confused at first too.

There is a ghostbuster 3 coming in 2012.. however this is not the film they are refering to here.

I think they are refering to the original 80s film being released on Blu-ray.

02:45pm 07/05/09 Permalink
tequila
Brisbane, Queensland
2105 posts
I see.

although, why they would have a 'release date' for a film that we all saw 20 years ago is beyond me
why not just release the f***** when its ready, its not like we're all holding our breath to find out how it ends
03:49pm 07/05/09 Permalink
system
Internet
--
03:49pm 07/05/09 Permalink
AusGamers Forums
Show: per page
This thread is archived and cannot be replied to.