At BlizzCon 2018 we sat down with the team behind the upcoming mobile game Diablo Immortal to talk about bringing the franchise to an even smaller screen.
Talking Diablo Immortal with Blizzard
For all intents and purposes, Call of Cthulhu should have been amazing. Our full review and dive into madness
Mad About You - Call of Cthulhu Review
We've taken Arthur Morgan and the Van der Linde gang to hell and back. But does the hype bail stack up? We go in-depth to answer that very question...
Ain't no Chicken Feed | Red Dead Redemption 2 Review
We chat with Bethesda's Pete Hines about Fallout 76, the series, and those first moments of Fallout PvP...
Fallout 76 – In Conversation with Bethesda’s Pete Hines
When do games go "classic"? - xbox 360
crazymorton
Gladstone, Queensland
685 posts
anyone know the sales volume requirement?
also anyway to check if one is close?

reason i ask is that i got an EB gift card for my b'day and on their 2 for $50 table sale recently i grabbed Saints Row (and Condemned 1 & 2, & Splinter Cell). so got 4 for $100 and i have a $100 to go.
not my usual style of game is Saints but i find i am really enjoying it.
so now i want to try out GTA IV and since it's been out for a while i figured maybe i'd be a bargain hunter and wait again and get it when it went classic along with something else (recommendations welcome).

thx all
06:24pm 27/03/09 Permalink
system
Internet
--
06:24pm 27/03/09 Permalink
reso
I can't read
Brisbane, Queensland
4649 posts
COD4 only just went down to $50. It's been out for more than 18 months and sold a s***load. I imagine it usually goes classic once sales of the game slows considerably, not once they've sold a certain amount.
07:13pm 27/03/09 Permalink
trillion
Brisbane, Queensland
590 posts
Is a classic even really definable by a volume amount? I would think it's the same thing as a classic catch in cricket, you just know when you see one.
07:26pm 27/03/09 Permalink
Midda
Brisbane, Queensland
3371 posts
A quick Google tells me that they are games that have sold over 400,000 units on the platform in the nine months after release.
07:43pm 27/03/09 Permalink
WetWired
Brisbane, Queensland
4135 posts
I think it's up to the publishers discretion if they want it to go classic, even if it has fulfilled the sales quota
07:56pm 27/03/09 Permalink
crazymorton
Gladstone, Queensland
686 posts
thx guys.
i did a google also and all i got were stories about original xbox games!! gotta work on my parameters.

there's no expiry on the card so i can wait.
08:46pm 27/03/09 Permalink
Midda
Brisbane, Queensland
3372 posts
Yeah, the figures I got were also talking about the original Xbox, but it said right after it that the line was extended to the 360.
08:57pm 27/03/09 Permalink
system
Internet
--
08:57pm 27/03/09 Permalink
AusGamers Forums
Show: per page
This thread is archived and cannot be replied to.