At BlizzCon 2018 we sat down with the team behind the upcoming mobile game Diablo Immortal to talk about bringing the franchise to an even smaller screen.
Talking Diablo Immortal with Blizzard
Plus, of course, plenty of B.O.B. - Ashe’s trusty Omnic sidekick.
Talking Overwatch and the 29th Hero Ashe with Jeff Kaplan
Our in-depth conversation with with Microsoft’s Chris Charla, the head of its indie platform – ID@Xbox.
In Conversation - Talking Indies and More with Chris Charla
We go through the history of Alienware, the rise of esports, and becoming the market leader with co-founder Frank Azor.
Ahead of the Curve - The Alienware Story
Killzone 2.
Hyroero
Hobart, Tasmania
1 posts
So i don't know about you guys but i have been playing it none stop since yesterday, single player and multiplayer.

If you have any questions about the game feel free to ask and i will answer asap.
09:31am 26/02/09 Permalink
system
Internet
--
09:31am 26/02/09 Permalink
BigZub
Brisbane, Queensland
89 posts
This post has been removed.
Reason: Off-Topic
10:12am 26/02/09 Permalink
Hyroero
Hobart, Tasmania
2 posts
thanks dude. well my first question is.. when was the last time you touched your sister? please give full detail.

Not really any thing to do with the game. Guess you didn't read my post.

But to anwser your question, last night while she was sleeping.
10:16am 26/02/09 Permalink
Reverend Evil
Wynnum, Queensland
16223 posts
Welcome to QGL, Hyroero

8-)
10:26am 26/02/09 Permalink
Hyroero
Hobart, Tasmania
3 posts
Welcome to QGL, Hyroero 8-)

Thanks.
10:27am 26/02/09 Permalink
trog
AGN Admin
Brisbane, Queensland
26182 posts
Not really any thing to do with the game. Guess you didn't read my post.

But to anwser your question, last night while she was sleeping.
10/10

Here's a question: how does the matchmaking work when you're looking for an online game... do you browse for servers like a PC game sort of thing or is it something else?
10:40am 26/02/09 Permalink
Hyroero
Hobart, Tasmania
4 posts
how does the matchmaking work when you're looking for an online game... do you browse for servers like a PC game sort of thing or is it something else?

I was plesently surprised with it to be honest, since most ps3 games online tend to join you to games automaticly ( and mostly end up being games with shocking lag ).

When you start multiplayer for the first time it asks you what country and time zone you are from then gives you a bunch of options for game searching ( such as, World wide or just your region, what game type, how many players and all that jazz ) then after you hit search it gives you a bunch of games that fit the requirments of your search.

TL;DR match making and joining is easy, you can even make a squad with some of your buddies so you can stick to gether in the 32 player madness.
10:46am 26/02/09 Permalink
trog
AGN Admin
Brisbane, Queensland
26183 posts
So are all the games like playing off other people hosting KZ2 games? Or do they have their own servers set up specifically for it? (actually someone from Sony told me the answer to this a while ago but I forget now)
10:49am 26/02/09 Permalink
Hyroero
Hobart, Tasmania
5 posts
So are all the games like playing off other people hosting KZ2 games? Or do they have their own servers set up specifically for it? (actually someone from Sony told me the answer to this a while ago but I forget now)

I spent most of my time on one server, but from what i could see there was both servers and player hosted games.

The only problem i had with it is the lack of a latency bar to tell if the server you join has decent ping or not, but i didn't notice to much lag.

I tend to nit pick over latency and the such...
10:52am 26/02/09 Permalink
Midda
Brisbane, Queensland
3233 posts
I'm pretty excited to try this. The missus is picking up my preorder for me today, so I'll be stuck into it tonight. I reckon I'll play through the campaign before I get stuck into multiplayer though, otherwise I'll get my arse kicked even more than usual.
11:18am 26/02/09 Permalink
Hyroero
Hobart, Tasmania
6 posts
I'm pretty excited to try this. The missus is picking up my preorder for me today, so I'll be stuck into it tonight. I reckon I'll play through the campaign before I get stuck into multiplayer though, otherwise I'll get my arse kicked even more than usual.

I wouldnt worry to much, since its only been up for a few days no one has really got the hang of the weighted aiming or unlocked any class other then generic soldier with a rifle. ( No snipers or any thing yet.. )
11:27am 26/02/09 Permalink
Midda
Brisbane, Queensland
3234 posts
So "weighted aiming" is the name they give to the stupidly huge deadzone and slow as hell acceleration on the joystick?
02:47pm 26/02/09 Permalink
Resonate
Brisbane, Queensland
382 posts
I'm up to the 2nd mission on single and the guy with me has already glitched twice. He just stands there and doesn't move. Progressed through the level only to realise he's still standing at the start so i had to run back to him and kill him in order to do the stupid revive thing to get him to move his arse.
03:09pm 26/02/09 Permalink
Hyroero
Hobart, Tasmania
7 posts
"weighted aiming" really doesn't bother me in the slightest, after about 20minutes it feels natural and adds to the game.

Remember its not meant to be a twitch shooter like COD or CS
06:17pm 26/02/09 Permalink
Khel
Melbourne, Victoria
13046 posts
Is "weighted aiming" what the developers call it? Or is it just what the fans are calling it to try and make the f***ups with the controls seem intentional, instead of just f***ups.
07:52pm 26/02/09 Permalink
Midda
Brisbane, Queensland
3242 posts
Remember its not meant to be a twitch shooter like COD or CS

FPS games are twitchy by nature, to some degree. Sure, I can appreciate that it's supposed to be a slower paced game than other FPSs on the market, but one thing the developers have continually touted about this game is immersion, and I don't imagine a real-life soldier would continually aim to either side of their targets head, because his guns sights have weird sensitivity. They could have had a weighty feel without the huge deadzone on the controller.

I'm sure I'll get used to it, I'm already starting to, but it still seems somewhat unnecessary.
09:21pm 26/02/09 Permalink
Pirroh
Melbourne, Victoria
47 posts
I think i'm on the 4th or 5th level(on Veteran), i just wish i wasn't capped so i can try the multiplayer.
10:44pm 26/02/09 Permalink
Pinky
Melbourne, Victoria
799 posts
Welcome, fellow Taswegian. I lived in Hobart for 16 years. But I was smart see, I left ;-)
11:11pm 26/02/09 Permalink
Hyroero
Hobart, Tasmania
8 posts
Welcome, fellow Taswegian. I lived in Hobart for 16 years. But I was smart see, I left ;-)

Hey! i don't really mind it here.

Nice and cold, just how i like it.
01:27am 27/02/09 Permalink
Midda
Brisbane, Queensland
3244 posts
I played online for a bit last night, and it was actually pretty cool. I'm slowly getting used to the controls. I've also noticed that the controls are different in multiplayer. You seem to be able to turn around a bit faster, for example. It's an improvement, but it's still not quite how I'd like it.

Another nice thing is that it actually has a normal server browser. It's the first console game I've played that just lets you browse available servers like PC games do, instead of automatically searching for the laggiest server it can find.
12:53pm 27/02/09 Permalink
Hyroero
Hobart, Tasmania
9 posts
Apperntly the controls and weighted aiming will be getting a tweak due to the massive amount of complaints, personaly i like it the way it is..

Gunning down COD4 players as they try and jump around trying to head shot people while sprinting.
10:31am 05/03/09 Permalink
Midda
Brisbane, Queensland
3277 posts
personaly i like it the way it is..

Then you're an idiot. I can't fathom why anybody would like to keep the massive deadzone on the joystick. It's retarded and needs to be addressed.
01:01pm 05/03/09 Permalink
Taipan
Brisbane, Queensland
2867 posts
Kind of strong don't you think midda? I mean if they like it they like it, it's not that big of a deal is it?
01:14pm 05/03/09 Permalink
Midda
Brisbane, Queensland
3279 posts
I'm just that intense.
02:52pm 05/03/09 Permalink
system
Internet
--
02:52pm 05/03/09 Permalink
AusGamers Forums
Show: per page
This thread is archived and cannot be replied to.