At BlizzCon 2018 we sat down with the team behind the upcoming mobile game Diablo Immortal to talk about bringing the franchise to an even smaller screen.
Talking Diablo Immortal with Blizzard
Plus, of course, plenty of B.O.B. - Ashe’s trusty Omnic sidekick.
Talking Overwatch and the 29th Hero Ashe with Jeff Kaplan
Our in-depth conversation with with Microsoft’s Chris Charla, the head of its indie platform – ID@Xbox.
In Conversation - Talking Indies and More with Chris Charla
We go through the history of Alienware, the rise of esports, and becoming the market leader with co-founder Frank Azor.
Ahead of the Curve - The Alienware Story
Chrono Trigger for DS
evıs
Brisbane, Queensland
6123 posts
Just a heads up since I've been waiting for it to get here, Chrono Trigger for DS is finally hitting shelves here on 05/02 which is Thursday.

Link to EB Games

A little about the game in case you don't know about it:

Chrono Trigger (クロノ・トリガー, Kurono Torigā?) is a console role-playing game developed and published by Square (now Square Enix) for the Super Nintendo Entertainment System in 1995. The game's story follows a group of young adventurers who travel through time to prevent a global catastrophe. Square re-released a ported version by TOSE in Japan for Sony's PlayStation in 1999, later repackaged with a Final Fantasy IV port as Final Fantasy Chronicles in 2001. A slightly enhanced Chrono Trigger was released for the Nintendo DS on November 25, 2008[2] in North America and Japan, and will go on sale in Europe in early 2009. It has never been released in PAL territories on the SNES or the PlayStation.

The development team of Chrono Trigger was headed by three designers that Square dubbed the "Dream Team", consisting of Hironobu Sakaguchi, creator of the Final Fantasy series, and Yuuji Horii and Akira Toriyamatwo freelance designers known for their work on Enix's Dragon Quest series. The game was produced by Kazuhiko Aoki.[3] Masato Kato wrote most of the plot, while composer Yasunori Mitsuda scored most of the game before falling ill and deferring remaining tracks to Final Fantasy composer Nobuo Uematsu.[4][5]

Chrono Trigger was well-received by reviewers and commercially successful. Nintendo Power magazine described certain aspects of Chrono Trigger as revolutionary, including its multiple endings, plot-related sidequests focusing on character development, unique battle system, and detailed graphics.[6] The game has shipped more than 2.36 million copies in Japan and 290,000 worldwide as of March 31, 2003

Taken from Wikipedia

So yeah I'll be at eb with bells on come thursday.
08:53pm 02/02/09 Permalink
system
Internet
--
08:53pm 02/02/09 Permalink
evıs
Brisbane, Queensland
6127 posts
None of you f*****s care about this? Gamers my ass.
09:37pm 02/02/09 Permalink
tequila
Sydney, New South Wales
839 posts
I stopped reading at DS
09:40pm 02/02/09 Permalink
Mantorok
Brisbane, Queensland
3094 posts
I've never understood the continued praise for Chrono Trigger. It seems to me people like it so much because it was one of the first JRPGs they played.
09:43pm 02/02/09 Permalink
evıs
Brisbane, Queensland
6129 posts
DS is cool teq, embrace it.
09:44pm 02/02/09 Permalink
Crizane Tribal
Brisbane, Queensland
2439 posts
I already put this game on my flashcard and finished it.

For as long as game publishers are going to screw Aussies in terms of release dates, they can go suck a d***.
10:11pm 02/02/09 Permalink
Bah
Brisbane, Queensland
3165 posts
I played it, it was alright... didnt change my life or anything.
10:19pm 02/02/09 Permalink
Morgan
Brisbane, Queensland
3610 posts
Perhaps it was just because I was young when I played it, but I recall CT being one of the best RPGs I ever played. I thought the story was awesome and definitely felt for the characters, although I was a very impressionable 10/11 year old though.
12:26am 03/02/09 Permalink
Lynx
Brisbane, Queensland
1243 posts
It was great, back in 1995. Now a days it is feeling quite dated. Still a good game though. Be interested to see if the DS version gets any UI updates.

EDIT: I heard they butchered the dialog by removing accents (like frogs) and dumbing down the scripts. Though they did fix some poor translations.

last edited by Lynx at 02:04:37 03/Feb/09
02:02am 03/02/09 Permalink
DM
Gold Coast, Queensland
843 posts
I've tried at least 4 times to play this and every time I've not been able to get more than a few hours into it. IDK why but it just isn't a game I can deal with. I've been playing the Japanese version of this which interestingly enough has a total english option (sorry, you waited for 2 - 3 months for nothing) and it just seems like the same game to me. Like they didn't add anything special. Then again if they did the same (and they f*****g should) for Secret of Mana and Secret of Mana 2 i'd be all over them, new content or not. All in all it isn't a bad game but just 1 that has never sat with me. Chrono Cross on the other hand... 2 words. Friggen brilliant.

last edited by DM at 03:24:04 03/Feb/09
03:22am 03/02/09 Permalink
Tim Tibbetts
Brisbane, Queensland
2067 posts
The JPN version probably has an ENG version because the ENG and JPN versions were released at exactly the same time.
08:02am 03/02/09 Permalink
tequila
Sydney, New South Wales
841 posts
i really couldn't justify any more gaming systems/consoles etc
between the ps3, xbox1&2, wii, psp & pc - i barely play 2 hours of games a week on them combined (and it is almost always 100% counter-strike:s)
08:45am 03/02/09 Permalink
system
Internet
--
08:45am 03/02/09 Permalink
AusGamers Forums
Show: per page
This thread is archived and cannot be replied to.