3DMark 11 Basic Edition – the gamer’s benchmark for DirectX 11
3DMark 11 is the latest version of the world’s most popular benchmark for measuring the graphics performance of gaming PCs. Designed for testing DirectX 11 hardware running on Windows 7 and Windows Vista the benchmark includes six all new benchmark tests. The Basic Edition is free to use and allows an unlimited number of benchmark runs without registration or expiry. Visit http://www.3dmark.com to upgrade your Basic Edition to the Advanced Edition and unlock all presets, custom settings, benchmark looping, unlimited online results storage, offline results management and more.
What’s New In 3DMark 11
* Native DirectX 11 engine making extensive use of advanced real-time graphical effects including tessellation, volumetric lighting, depth of field and post processing.
* 3DMark 11 uses the open source Bullet Physics library, running rigid body simulation on the CPU and soft body simulation on the GPU. http://bulletphysics.org
* Demo mode returns in 3DMark 11 pairing stunning graphics with an evocative soundtrack by Pedro Macedo Camacho http://www.musicbypedro.com.
* 3DMark 11 uses an improved online service allowing users to validate, store, share and compare their benchmark results with those from other users.
* For the first time in the 3DMark series, users can choose languages other than English including German, Simplified and Traditional Chinese and Finnish.
Minimum system requirements
3DMark 11 requires DirectX 11, a DirectX 11 compatible video card, and Windows Vista or Windows 7.
OS: Microsoft Windows Vista or Windows 7
Processor: 1.8GHz dual-core Intel or AMD CPU
Memory: 1 GB of system memory
Graphics: DirectX 11 compatible graphics card
Hard drive: 1.5 GB free space
Audio: Windows Vista / Windows 7 compatible sound card
3DMark 11 version 1.01 release notes
* Fixed an issue with SystemInfo that prevented the Physics and Combined tests from running.
* Fixed an issue that could cause a crash if the DirectX 11 API or .NET was not available.
* Fixed an issue that could cause a crash if the number of system GPUs was unknown.
* Letterboxing and scaling now works with wide displays.
* The benchmark UI is now minimized during the benchmark run.
* Improved result security when submitting to 3dmark.com.
* Added automatic update notification.
* Updated SystemInfo component to version 184.108.40.206.
Advanced and Profession Edition only
* Added option for manual GPU Count selection to the Advanced tab.
* Added Scaling Mode selection to the Advanced tab, choose from centred or stretched.
* Results tab now shows the individual scores for each of the six tests.
Professional Edition only
* Demo audio now works when running from the command line.
* Image Quality tool now handles unexpected parameters correctly.
* Image Quality tool now works correctly with the reference rasterizer option.