The Enemy Territory: QUAKE Wars PC Demo comes with the final version of Valley, one of the larger battlegrounds in the game. Set in Yosemite, California, Valley has the Global Defense Force on the attack, as they attempt to foil a Strogg contamination plot centering on a water treatment facility. Valley features a great blend of close quarters infantry action, vehicle battles and aircraft dogfights, and the varied terrain combining mountains, waterways, tunnels and industrial structures allows for many different playing styles. To top it all off, there's a multitude of optional side missions and plenty of opportunities to try out the various defense turrets, artillery and radar deployables - Valley is a prime example of the frantic and diverse action you'll find in Enemy Territory: QUAKE Wars.
The Demo also features ETQW's bots, so you can explore the map and gameplay in single player mode with computer-controlled opponents, or use the bots to fill up empty slots on multiplayer servers. We are also including the standalone server as well as the server launcher tool, so you can host your own online and LAN games.
Here's what you need in order to run the Demo:
* SOFTWARE REQUIREMENTS Microsoft(R) Windows(R) XP/Vista (Windows 95/98/ME/2000 are unsupported)
* Microsoft DirectX(R) 9.0c (included)
* HARDWARE REQUIREMENTS CPU: Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 2.8 GHz or AMD(R) Athlon(TM) XP 2800+
processor (Pentium 4 3.0GHz or equivalent for Windows Vista)
* RAM: 512MB RAM (768MB for Windows Vista)
* Video Card: 128MB NVIDIA(R) Geforce(TM) 5700 or ATI(TM) Radeon(TM) 9700 (full list of supported chipsets below)
* Sound Card: 100% DirectX 9.0c compatible sound card
* HDD Space: 750MB of free hard drive space, plus 200MB for Windows swap file
* Internet: Broadband connection and service required for full gameplay and downloads. Features may change without notice.
* SUPPORTED VIDEO CHIPSETS NVIDIA GeforceFX Series (5700 or higher, not including 5700LE and 5700VE)
* NVIDIA Geforce 6 Series (6200 or higher)
* NVIDIA Geforce 7 Series (7300 or higher)
* NVIDIA Geforce 8 Series
* ATI Radeon 9700 or higher
* ATI Radeon X700 or higher
* ATI Radeon X1650 or higher