Note: This patch is for users who have purchased the CD version of the game and have not installed any previous patches.
- Resource libraries have been optimized for faster load times.
- Changes to the game have been made to allow expansion packs to be installed in any order.
- Custom billboards added
- Massive online ad-serving added
- Terrain can now be edited under coasters
- Some rides lights are now flexi colored
- Park ownership is no longer reset when resizing park
- Path and coaster tunneling added
- Custom Shops added
- Peep highlights now available for all peeps, not just custom groups
- "Hide empty categories" added to finances window
- Time for coaster auto-complete improved
- Cycle menu music option added
- Day/Night transition options added
III - FIXES AND REFINEMENTS IN THIS UPDATE
This section lists the fixes and refinements included in update 2.
More Peeps Balancing
- Enhance peep leaving park behavior by add time limit to ensure churn of fresh peeps
- Dividing the way 'waiting for group' behavior is reported.
- Inject more single peeps and reduce the probability of big groups being created
- The VIP objective, where the VIP wants to visit a certain type of theme, is now easier to satisfy
- Peeps are less complaining when experiencing temperature extremes
- Scrubbing with echoing sound feedback added
- Maximum number of tracks now extends as tracks are added (to ~ one screen height above the last track)
- Song-file waveform preview
- Spacebar to play/pause
- Adding new fireworks causes fireworks list to stretch off the screen If easy (from forum list)
- User-created fireworks are saved with the show, negating the need to distribute the .frw file
- Correction to German texts
- Stratacoaster braking force increased
- Fixed the circumstance where color settings and other custom fireworks were not saved with firework displays
- Increased maximum train length for Suspended Swinging Car
- Some height limits (e.g. Monster Trucks and Wooden Coasters) have been increased
- Corrected some problems where importing wooden coasters from RCT1 and RCT2 undesirable performance
- Starting dates can now be changed in scenario editor
- LOW FRICTION check-box added to coaster operation mode panel that reduces friction, which is especially helpful for tracks imported from RCT and RCT2
- Confirmation box now prompts players upon deleting coasters and attractions.
- Optimizations to 3D code and asset files has resulted in better overal performance
- Powered Launch as been added to Twister coasters
- Removed the REFLECT BACKGROUND option from the Display Options control panel
- Reordered the sorting technique that previously resulted in disappearing rotating cars on the Virginia Reel
- Added previously missing particles for some effects
- Corrected an infrequent instance of the game crashing while loading a save game
- Corrected the circumstance where water rides were not speeding up on the down-slopes
- Corrected the circumstance where splash boats and rafts were too fast
- Corrected the instance where some coasters had overlapping trains
- Peeps no longer become lost on rides if the ride is switched to test mode or is closed
- Attendance calculations refined
- Corrected a rare and complex interaction between some soundcards being present in the same computer with some video cards that resulted in reduced frame-rate
IV - FIXES AND IMPROVEMENTS
Update 1 FINAL ReadMe Contents:
- NEW GUEST LIST (PEEP THOUGHTS) WINDOW - A Guest List (peeps' thoughts) window has been added and can be accessed by clicking on the 'Guests' button located at the bottom of the 'Park Management' buttons. The window allows you to click on an icon to select either a view of all the individuals in the park or a summarized list. You may also display either peep status or thoughts, and control whether the information is presented in ascending or descending order. The window lists only thoughts that are relevant to game-play.
- EMPLOYEE DUTY ZONES - This update allows players to see the patrol zones for other staff members of same type while editing patrol zone for a staff member.
- POWERED LAUNCH MODE - added to more coaster types.
- THREE NEW FIREWORK DISPLAYS have been added.
- NO ENTRY SIGNS - staff now ignore these signs so they can get to do their job quicker.
NEW BALANCING AND TWEAKS:
- GENERAL - Based on players' feedback, several balancing changes have been introduced to make the game a little more forgiving, especially with regard to peeps who won't ride the rides. But be aware, peeps will still not go on rides if their basic needs are not met; you MUST take steps to ensure the basics (food, money, and toilets) are provided for your peeps so they can continue to enjoy spending their money in your park.
- PUSHING THE ENVELOPE - A number of coasters now have higher maximum limits and faster launch speeds.
- QUEUE LINES AND TERRAIN EDITING - Editing the terrain occupied by queues is no longer allowed. Previously, if terrain under a queue line was modified, the modifications could break the queue line and that may not have been readily apparent to players.
- COMPLAINTS - The peeps and staff now complain less, for example about fatigue and pay.
- BREAKDOWNS - Breakdowns now occur less frequently.
- BLOCK BRAKES - The function of block brakes has been modified so that, in the case of a clear track ahead, the brakes section will slow down the train to the specified speed and permit it continue. If the train is travelling slower than the permitted speed and the track is clear ahead, its speed is BOOSTED to that permitted value.
Please make sure you have the most up-to-date drivers for your PC, especially for your graphics cards, as there are some known crashes and slow-downs that occur with all but the latest device drivers. Consult the manufacturer regarding driver updates.
- CHARACTER AI (peep behavior) - A small number of rarely-occurring bugs have been addressed, including one related to queuing problems.
- WATER RIDES SOUND EFFECTS - This update adds water ride sound effects for appropriate rides.
- COASTER RATINGS - No longer fluctuate.
- VENDOR AND STAFF UNIFORMS - Uniforms are now preserved when the game is saved.
- STABILITY - A small number of compatibility issues that surfaced after the release of the game which could cause instability on certain systems have been fixed.
Changes between Update 1a BETA and Update 1 FINAL Contents:
- GENERAL BALANCING - Based on players' feedback, several balancing changes have been introduced to make the game a little more forgiving, especially with regard to peeps who won't ride the rides. But be aware, peeps will still not go on rides if their basic needs are not met; you MUST take steps to ensure the basics (food, money, cash, benches and toilets) are provided for your peeps so they can continue to enjoy spending their money in your park.
- EMPLOYEE PATROL ZONES - Update 1 allows players to see the patrol zones for other staff members of the same type when editing a patrol zone for a staff member.
- PARK RATING - In Update 1 the park rating interface offers greater detail when a player holds the mouse pointer over the park rating bar. A tool-tip will appear, offering a full breakdown of the rating calculation. This update does not modify saved games and, thus, data will only appear after the park rating has been re-assessed. This takes place once every "game week."
- THREE NEW FIREWORK DISPLAYS have been added.
- NO ENTRY SIGNS - staff now ignore these signs so they can get to do their job quicker.
- WOODEN WILD MOUSE NUMBER OF COASTER CARS - On the Wooden Wild Mouse the minimum number of cars is now allowed to be 1.
- STAFF QUITTING - the frequency of staff quitting is reduced.
- AUTORUN - Update 1 terminates the launcher screen application if it is still running when the game is launched, thus freeing up some CPU time.
- STABILITY - A couple more issues that were tracked down after the release of the BETA Update 1a which could cause instability in certain situations have been fixed. PLEASE ALSO MAKE SURE that you have the most up-to-date drivers for your PC, especially for your graphics cards, as there are some known crashes and slow-downs that occur with all but the latest device drivers. See the "Why does my game suffer from framerate slowdown / lags, graphical glitches, crashes?" section of this F.A.Q. for more information.
UPDATE 1a BETA contains the following changes and improvements
- NEW GUEST LIST (PEEP THOUGHTS) WINDOW - A Guest List (peeps' thoughts) window is present in UPDATE 1a BETA and accessed by clicking on the 'Guests' button located at the bottom of the Park Management buttons. The window allows you to click on an icon to select either a view of all the individuals in the park or a summarized list. You may also display either peep status or thoughts, and control whether the information is presented in ascending or descending order. The window lists only thoughts that are relevant to game-play. Additionally, the appearance of the Attractions Management dialog box has been updated in UPDATE 1a BETA. In the retail release of the game, feedback on how various areas of your park are performing or being rated by the peeps is provided via the Attractions Management dialog box - use the icons at the top of the dialog box to switch between Rides, Shops and Facilities. Then, from the dropdown menu below the icons, you may select what information the list displays, such as Status, Popularity, Satisfaction, Weekly Profit, Queue Length, Queue Time, Reliability, Down-Time, Guest's Favorite. You can use the small arrow at the top of the list to select whether the list is displayed in descending or ascending order.
- QUEUE PATH ARRANGEMENT - In the retail release of the game, if there are two or more queues whose entrances connect to the same grid square, peeps will only go down the first queue they see, so only one of the rides connected to the grid square will get any traffic. In UPDATE 1a BETA this is fixed so if there are two or more queues whose entrances are connected to the same tile, people will make an informed decision as to which ride to queue for rather than going down the first queue they see.
- PEEP AWARENESS AND MAPS - Depending on the layout of your park, peeps may not know your rides are there. By selling maps you can make all those peeps who buy maps aware of all the rides in the park. Otherwise, as in a real park, peeps will only know about the rides in their immediate vicinity. UPDATE 1a BETA increases the "awareness distance" over which peeps who don't have maps will be aware of rides.
- PEEPS AND RIDES - UPDATE 1a BETA permits peeps to revisit rides that they enjoyed before going on other rides, increases the chances individual guests are more likely to go on rides, and causes very-high-intensity rides to be less attractive to peeps.
- BLOCK BRAKE IMPROVEMENTS - UPDATE 1a BETA changes the function of block brakes so that, in the case of a clear track ahead, the brakes section slows down the train to the specified speed and permits it continue.
- COASTER RATING WILD FLUCTUATIONS - In the retail release of the game, coaster ratings can fluctuate wildly especially those with multiple trains. These problems are fixed in UPDATE 1a BETA.
- EMPLOYEES NOW STAY IN ASSIGNED AREAS - In UPDATE 1a BETA, in most cases, employees stay in their assigned areas even if they have nothing to do.
- POWERED LAUNCH - UPDATE 1a BETA adds powered launch modes to the following coaster types:
Compact Inverted Coaster
Inverted Vertical Shuttle
Lay Down Coaster
Stand Up Twister
Vertical Drop Coaster
Inverted Hairpin Coaster
Mini Suspended Flying Coaster
Multi Dimensional Coaster
Suspended Swinging Coaster
- FLICKERING LIGHTS - UPDATE 1a BETA reduces flickering lights by causing cars to switch off their lights when approaching a loading station, and adding lights to loading stations.
- MAXIMUM HEIGHTS - In UPDATE 1a BETA, track rides' maximum heights have been increased by 50% and coasters' maximum heights have been increased by 20% (except Air Powered, Reverse Freefall, and Strata Coaster). In addition, a cheat is present in both the retail release of the game and UPDATE 1a BETA, whereby renaming any peep John Wardley removes all height restrictions.
- FLIPPING CARS - In the retail release of the game, if a Floorless coaster is built with a particular track piece (flat diagonal chain) the car flips upside down; the offending piece has been fixed and is included in UPDATE 1a BETA.
- GENTLE RIDES TICKET PRICES - In the retail release of the game, gentle rides had to have a low price set to get peeps on the rides making it difficult to earn a significant profit. In UPDATE 1a BETA these rides have been made more attractive to peeps so that the rides are more likely to generate good profits.
- RIDES, SHOPS AND FACILITATES BREAKDOWN FREQUENCY - UPDATE 1a BETA contains code which greatly reduces the frequency of rides, shops and facilities breaking down compared to those of the retail release of the game. Note - The update does not affect saved games; items already placed in a level may need to break down once before the new rate takes effect.
- NUMBER OF COASTER CARS - UPDATE 1a BETA ensures car trains are not allowed to be longer than a tilt section or thrill lift on the appropriate coaster, and removes the too-restrictive limit on the maximum number of cars per train for the following coaster cars:
Buffalo Stampede Coaster car
Floorless Coaster car
Giga Coaster car
Standup Twister car
Bowie Knife Car
Bullet Coaster Car
Cannon Coaster Car
Flying Turns Bobsleigh Car
Ghoster Coaster Car
Inverse Impulse Car
Inverted Wild Mouse Car
Junior Ladybird Car
Junior Log Car
LIM Coaster Car
Looping Snake Coaster Car
Maggot Coaster Car
Min Coaster Rocket Car
Mini Coaster Toboggan Car
Retro Monorail Car
Shooting Star Car
Side Friction Car
Twister Coaster Car
Water Coaster Car
Wild Mine Mouse Car
Wild Mouse Car
Wooden Wild Mouse Car
- REDUCED FREQUENCY OF PEEP COMPLAINTS FOR QUEUE TIMES - UPDATE 1a BETA contains code which increases the amount of time before peeps start complaining about queue times.
- LITTER - In UPDATE 1a BETA, peeps drop litter less frequently compared to the retail release of the game.
- WATER RIDES SOUND EFFECTS - In the retail release of the game, water rides have the sound effects for a steel coaster, with no water sounds. This has been fixed in UPDATE 1a BETA.
- GO KARTS SOUND EFFECTS - In the retail release of game, the Go Karts sound very loud. This is fixed in UPDATE 1a BETA.
- FREQUENCY OF MOST DISAPPOINTING PENALTY - In the retail release of the game, the "Most Disappointing" fine can appear frequently. The threshold at which this fine kicks in has been modified and the frequency of the fine has been reduced in UPDATE 1a BETA.
- BENCHES - UPDATE 1a BETA contains code which reduces the frequency of wooden benches being vandalized compared to that of the retail release of the game, and increases the rate at which guests regain energy after having sat on benches.
- SCENERY VISIBILITY TOGGLE CAUSES SOME GRAPHICS TO SHIFT - In the retail release of the game, if you use the Scenery Visibility toggle, trees and rides can be seen shifting all over the screen. This was a bug due to graphical matrix palettes not being set correctly in some circumstances. UPDATE 1a BETA fixes this problem.
- COMPATIBILITY - UPDATE 1a BETA addresses a number of compatibility issues which could cause instability in the retail release of the game on some systems . Ensure you have up-to-date device drivers that are known to be good and update the game. (See the FAQ section "Why does my game suffer from frame-rate slowdown / lags, graphical glitches, crashes?" for a complete discussion on the topic of known-good drivers on http://www.frontier.co.uk/games/rct3/faq.html)
- COASTER CAR STALLS - UPDATE 1a BETA fixes splashboats car rolling back at top of lift hill and log flume stopping on some flat track pieces. Additionally it contains a new 'cheat' - renaming any peep "Andrew Thomas" decreases track friction, which can help when importing some RCT1 or 2 coasters into RCT3.
- QUEUE LINE MALFUNCTIONS AFTER TERRAIN EDITING - In UPDATE 1a BETA editing the terrain occupied by queues is no longer allowed.
- FIREWORKS TUTORIAL - In UPDATE 1a BETA, while playing the tutorial, if you double click on firework markers, the colors modifier window no longer appears.
- MAPS - UPDATE 1a BETA ensures that all scenery items are colored correctly on maps.
- TERRAIN RESIZIING - UPDATE 1a BETA fixes a bug in the retail release of the game which can cause corruption when terrain is re-sized.
- FRONT SCREEN MENU - UPDATE 1a BETA fixes front screen menu glitch in the retail game which occurs after a change of screen resolution.
- PEEP VIEWPORT - In UPDATE 1a BETA, intermittent bright lines from the peep viewport are eliminated.
- RIDE MUSIC - in UPDATE 1a BETA ride music is synchronised when rides share the same track.
- PINCERS - In UPDATE 1a BETA the peep pincer grips staff in the correct place.
- COASTERCAM - UPDATE 1a BETA fixes a graphical glitch that occurs in the retail version when you pause the game and then enter CoasterCam.
- WINDOWS ME - UPDATE 1a BETA contains a bug-fix for a misaligned mouse cursor in WindowsME after a screen settings change.
- ATTRACTION NAMING - In UPDATE 1a BETA, new attractions are named in sequence from "Attraction 1" instead of "Attraction 01"
- CLOSING TIME - UPDATE 1a BETA allows park closing time to be set to 24:00.
- SAVED GAMES - In UPDATE 1a BETA the day-of-month is stored and displayed in saved games, and the game doesn't reset vendor uniform colours when loading levels.
- PARK INSPECTOR - In UPDATE 1a BETA the Park Inspector no longer has a number after his name.
- RIDE OPERATION PANEL - In UPDATE 1a BETA the Ride Operation Panel has been re-arranged to ensure the speed spinner doesn't overlap
- WATER FLOW VISUALS - In UPDATE 1a BETA water flow visuals on coasters have been improved.
- REVOLUTION - In Update#1 BETA the animation loop on Revolution ride has been fixed.
- UNICODE - In UPDATE 1a BETA Avatar families names can contain UNICODE characters.
- OPTIMIZATION - UPDATE 1a BETA contains improved performance while rendering some fences .
- AUTO-CONFIG - In UPDATE 1a BETA an auto-config button has been added to the graphics settings panel (to allow a 'reset to factory values' of graphical parameters), and the auto-config function chooses 1024x768 instead of 800x600 for High Quality.
- LOCALIZATION - UPDATE 1a BETA allows for localized names for carried items, ride cars and has improved localized date-time formatting.
- STAFF QUIT MESSAGE - UPDATE 1a BETA adds a message that is displayed when a staff member quits.
- HAPPINIESS - In UPDATE 1a BETA, guests become unhappy when they feel sick, and staff become unhappy when they are bored.
- THOUGHT ICONS - In Update#1, clipping for peep thought icons is fixed.
- RAINING - In Update#1 BETA, some rides are flagged as under-cover so they can be used when raining, and a rain weather effect is added.
- CAR CRASHES - In UPDATE 1a BETA, if a car crashes, the connected link cars also crash.
- VERSION NUMBER - UPDATE 1a BETA displays the executable version number in the program info dialog.