AusGamers took Far Cry 4 for a hands-on spin last week. Read on for our full thoughts...
Far Cry 4 Hands-On Preview
AusGamers had the chance to sit down and chat with lead programmer and local Australian Ian Hern on all things Kraden’s Crypt.
Interview with Ian Hern on Kraden's Crypt
We take a look at all the local talent Australia has to offer for the gaming scene
Indie Friday: A Look at Australian Gaming
Joaby Gilroy takes The Sims 4 for a spin on PC and finds out just what the life simulator has to offer.
The Sims 4 Reviewed
Post by Eorl @ 09:55am 02/09/14 | 6 Comments
After revealing last week that their launch for sci-fi strategy title Planetary Annihilation would be coming very soon, developer Uber Entertainment has today announced that the game's launch build is now available to those who jumped in early.

Revealing the news through their Steam page, Uber noted that the release build would feature “a number of upgrades, including “enhancements to both single-player and multiplayer”. “It will also include two new features: resource-rich gas giants and the “Annihilaser,” a celestial laser of doom that obliterates planets with each tremendous blast,” they added.

Actual details on the enhancements have been left out, so presumably players will have to find out all the nitty gritty details themselves. Those who still haven't yet jumped on the pre-order bandwagon can do so here before its launch on September 5th, for a $30 price tag. Considering its original launch on Steam had it pegged for $100, the low launch price is definitely worth it, though you can check out the latest gameplay trailer below if you aren't quite sure what to expect.

planetary annihilationuber entertainmentsci-fi rtssteam

TiT
Posted 11:43am 02/9/14
Interesting will check it out now
Meddek
Posted 04:04pm 02/9/14
Anyone confirm this scratches the TA itch? I would play the s*** out of this game if it is TA
The Nerfatar
Posted 05:50pm 02/9/14

I loved TA, but maybe it's because I just got over RTS which isn't total war style, but I opened this the other day (backed it ages ago), and got bored within 2 minutes...
icewyrm
Posted 05:32pm 02/9/14
I ran through the single player campaign thingie which is basically a series of skirmishes and a limited tech tree that you can expand/customize as you defeat enemies until you are strong enough to take out faction leaders, which are tougher than the normal missions. Had some fun with it.

I don't think I'd enjoy playing it against friends like I used to with TA, but that's mainly because I don't enjoy the competitive aspect of multiplayer games much nowadays - I don't enjoy losing much, and when I win I just kinda feel bad for the guy that lost instead of any kind of excitement or elation.
Wrecktim
Posted 07:13pm 02/9/14
it's a good TA game. i do like it but i'd rather play these games against mates. i find it too easy to get lost on the planet.
Meddek
Posted 07:48pm 02/9/14
Hrmm thanks for the feedback, I think I'll stick to Supreme Commander that seems to be the closet thing to TA
You must be logged in to post a comment. Log in now!