We take a look at inXile's cRPG successor Wasteland 2
Wasteland 2 Reviewed
AusGamers takes a deep and hard look at just what Bungie has to offer in their newest sci-fi world, and just where our Destiny may lay.
Destiny Reviewed
AusGamers had the chance to sit down and chat with lead programmer and local Australian Ian Hern on all things Kraden’s Crypt.
Interview with Ian Hern on Kraden's Crypt
We take a look at all the local talent Australia has to offer for the gaming scene
Indie Friday: A Look at Australian Gaming
Post by Eorl @ 10:20am 20/08/14 | 24 Comments
While E3 2014 has come and gone, it seems CD Projekt RED aren't quite done with the gameplay demos, revealing a new 35-minute video featuring the manly Geralt in action.

The footage comes courtesy of a previously behind-closed-doors E3 demo, focusing on some of the morally ambiguous choices in the game, including one involving an orphanage. The demo also continues to show just how gorgeous The Witcher 3 will be, an impressive improvement on the already great looking Witcher 2.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt will be hitting PC, PlayStation 4 and Xbox One come February 24th, 2015.

cd projekt rede3 2014demothe witcher 3: wild hunt
Buy now from Games 101 Only AUD$72.95!

Posted 10:32am 20/8/14
Yeah, I just started playing Witcher 2 again recently and when you stick it on Ultra it still looks really, really good. Considering its what, 3 years old now? Looks better than a lot of current day games.

Figured I should finally finish up the second one in preparation for this though :p
Crakaveli
Posted 11:13am 20/8/14
Wow this looks good. I think i might have to go replay the second one. I wonder if this will import saves? There were a bunch of different endings in #2.
Murf
Posted 12:38pm 20/8/14
Looks amazing, i cant f*****g wait for this!

@crakaveli Yes you will be able to import saves from Witcher 2.
Tollaz0r!
Posted 01:03pm 20/8/14
Lol, the voice over dude reminds me of Ragnar Lothbrok. I hope the in-game characters have similar accents, I love it.
Tollaz0r!
Posted 01:22pm 20/8/14
That game looks fantastic.
Crakaveli
Posted 02:12pm 20/8/14
Yes you will be able to import saves from Witcher 2.
I guess i'll definitely have to replay it now since i lost my saves.
Phooks
Posted 02:30pm 20/8/14
Damn that looks good!!!
Melrick
Posted 03:16pm 20/8/14
Is it important to have played the previous Witcher games, does anybody know?
Posted 03:29pm 20/8/14
Probably not, but it would probably be worth going and find a wiki and at least reading up on the main story points of the first two games, because from the title alone it sounds like this one is going to carry on/wrap up a lot of the ongoing story threads and mysteries started in the previous games.

I didn't play the first one, but I just went and read a summary of the story and the important plot points before jumping into the second one and I was fine. Just worth knowing some stuff like what/who the Wild Hunt are and who the girl he is chasing is and why he doesn't remember his past, etc before jumping into this one I'd imagine.
Eorl
Posted 03:48pm 20/8/14
Is it important to have played the previous Witcher games, does anybody know?

It would be worth it for the lore side of things, but otherwise the Witcher games do well in being unique enough of each other to not require prior knowledge of the series.
ravn0s
Posted 05:26pm 20/8/14
you can download a very high quality 5Gb version of the video at gamersyde
Tollaz0r!
Posted 05:40pm 20/8/14
Witcher series have worked well as stand-alone. It just adds a bit of mystery for the story. Or just do what khel said and read the summaries of the previous 2 games.

This looks like a potential GOTY 2015.

Pillars of Eternity is coming out soon too.

Wasteland 2 coming out soon too.

Divinity came out recently.

RPG heaven at the moment.
Audi
Posted 05:49pm 20/8/14
you can download a very high quality 5Gb version of the video at gamersyde

Make sure you have tissues on standby.
Reverend Evil
Posted 07:16pm 20/8/14
Holy crap that looks awesome
ph33x
Posted 09:47pm 20/8/14
It's unfortunate they don't bring out a 2-4 player coop for it though. The story could even be that he's your mate from Punchy, or merely clone the story, doesn't matter. :(
Tollaz0r!
Posted 07:24pm 20/8/14
Not all games are made better with multiplayer ph33x
ph33x
Posted 07:28pm 20/8/14
Any game I can play with the mrs is a better game Toll.
Tollaz0r!
Posted 08:51pm 20/8/14
It's OK to have alone time too Ph33x.
ph33x
Posted 09:37pm 20/8/14
I'm sure it's easy to feel that way when you have no choice Toll.

f6cfl9B.png

Anyways, let's not let a simple post of my opinion turn into a rigmarole, merely since I posted it. For me, it is unfortunate. Cheers bud.
scottjames12
Posted 10:04pm 20/8/14
I was wondering when a game would come along that make me consider upgrading my i7-920/5870. Looks like this could be it! Lets just hope it plays as good as it looks.
Audi
Posted 10:45pm 20/8/14
Scott Witcher 2 would melt that system.
Tollaz0r!
Posted 07:39am 21/8/14

I'm sure it's easy to feel that way when you have no choice Toll.

ohh burrrnnnnn
PRiME
Posted 06:39am 24/8/14
Is it just me or does this feel similar to Assassins Creed games? At least the settings and 3rd person feel. I know you probably can't jump around like in AC games.
Posted 01:03pm 24/8/14
Nah, its not like assassin's creed, it's a fantasy setting, reminds me more of game of thrones actually. Its dark fantasy full of political betrayal, whores and murder, just with more magic and monsters
You must be logged in to post a comment. Log in now!