Here it is, AusGamers looks at The Evil Within, and just what you can expect from grandaddy horror creator Shinji Mikami
The Evil Within Review
We chat with Blizzard's Tom Chilton on all things World of Warcraft: Warlords of Draenor
Talking World of Warcraft: Warlords of Draenor with Tom Chilton
We take the open-world of fictional Kyrat for a spin.
Far Cry 4 Open-World Hands-On Preview
We take on the Dark Lord and his minions in Monolith's epic action-adventure romp
Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor Review
Post by Reverend Evil @ 07:35am 15/08/14 | 45 Comments
Blizzard has set the date for its next major MMO content expansion with the retail release for World of Warcraft: Warlords of Draenor now set for November 13th 2014.

More importantly, accompanying the announcement is another one of the studio's famously impressive cinematic trailers, and going one further, they're also kicking off a new "animated lore miniseries" titled Lords of War, which promises to be continued in the weeks ahead.
“Players will encounter an epic cast of legendary characters and a huge amount of content to explore in Warlords of Draenor,” said Mike Morhaime, CEO and cofounder of Blizzard Entertainment. “The countdown to the arrival of one of the greatest threats in Warcraft history has begun. We can’t wait to send everyone through the Dark Portal this November.”

Warlords of Draenor adds a world’s worth of exciting new content for World of Warcraft players to discover. As Azeroth’s displaced heroes venture across Draenor, they’ll build and manage a mighty Garrison, a customisable fortress that grows with them on their journey; delve into otherworldly draenei temples and clash in the heart of hostile orc clans’ territory; fight the opposing faction for control of Ashran, a huge and dynamic PvP zone featuring a variety of personal and cooperative objectives; and take on a wide array of Dungeons, Raids, Battlegrounds, Challenge Modes, and more. No matter what kind of content you enjoy, your legend is waiting to be forged on Draenor.
Watch them both below.

world of warcraft: warlords of draenorblizzardmmoexpansionrelease datecinematicgarrosh hellscreamgrommash hellscream

Meddek
Posted 02:01pm 15/8/14
Waaaatttt??? UBRS????

The character models looks sooo much better in that video
slyin
Posted 03:03pm 15/8/14
I'm fairly certain retcon is the wrong word for whats actually going on. They aren't changing anything about the past to make future story seem more plausible.

I haven't watched all of it but heres nobbel's take

Eorl
Posted 04:17pm 15/8/14
From what I'm reading it seems to be more of an "alternate" timeline that will happen alongside the real one (where they did drink the Fel Blood) and the alternate one comes crashing into the current timeline. Or a wizard did it.
Enska
Posted 05:21pm 15/8/14
I'm playing again, and will be raiding again come WoD. Been really enjoying it, dunno why just keen to get back on the raiding bandwagon.
Posted 06:57pm 15/8/14
Theres no retcon at all happening, its pretty much what glynd said. Garrosh escapes with the aid of some bronze dragonflight dudes (for reasons that I think are currently unknown), and they hook the dark portal to up to an alternate timeline version of Draenor, at the time just before the orcs drank Mannoroth's blood. Garrosh brings all his iron death machines that he had built during the siege of orgrimmar, the stuff from the cinematic happens, now theres a new uncorrupted orc horde with a whole bunch of technology from (what relative to them is) the future, and they come back through the dark portal to rape and pillage present day Azeroth in our timeline (that will be the pre-expansion event that happens in 6.0).

Then the expansion is about us going back through the portal to alternate-past Draenor and shutting down the Iron Horde. Basically though, outside of a lore explanation for it all, it was Blizzard wanting to roll out all the old iconic original Warcraft characters since its the 20th anniversary of the franchise, and getting WoW back to feeling like classic Warcraft, and tbh they could invent any story they want to to explain that, I'm just happy its happening :p

We have no clue how they plan to open the Dark Portal considering Medivh was the one who did it, and that was a result of the Orc corruption and its butterfly effect. This expansion is quite...messy, lore wise.

Actually, we have every clue. When you first get to draenor the very first thing you do is a huge battle on the steps of the Dark Portal where you want to shut it down and stop them bringing more Iron Horde through. They've chained up Gul'dan and the other members of the shadow council underneath the dark portal and they're siphoning out his power to fuel it (and they're sacrificing heaps of people in rituals and s*** to power it too).

Its not messy, think of it like a 'What if' or Elseworlds version of Warcraft history. Its like the version of Draenor that happens after Biff gives himself the sports almanac.
Posted 07:00pm 15/8/14
Also, Khadgar is a muthaf*****' boss in that first intro bit where you're taking down the dark portal after just getting to Draenor. Was good to see some characters besides the green jesus get to do badass stuff for a change.
The Nerfatar
Posted 08:05pm 15/8/14
Is it a different dark portal entrance from azeroth? Haven't played in ages, but am curious how people would get to the shattered current world or the whole previous world. Also does the world still have edges into the void? Or oceans or something now? Time to google a map I think, god I love WoW maps.

edit: Ohhh, interesting.

aL0SnID.jpg
Posted 03:19am 16/8/14
Yeah, it has oceans now. Zangarmarsh is also now the Sea of Zangar, and Shattrath is a coastal city! Auchindoun exists in all its un-shattered glory and theres no Bone Wastes, its still a forest (thats Talador). Nagrand is mostly the same except for a few differences like no floating islands, and the ogre ruins aren't ruins yet, they're actual ogre cities. Gorgrond and Frostfire are new zones, but they were what formed the Blades Edge Mountains when Draenor got shattered, those areas got mashed into each other, hence all the upthrust spiky bits in blades edge.

Shadowmoon valley is all tranquil and not full of fel fire, and the Black Temple is still the Temple of Karabor and is all shiny. Farahlon (that island on the top right of the map) is what becomes Netherstorm, but its not gonna be in at launch, probably be patch content in a future patch. And Spires of Arak is a new zone that has no counterpart in Outlands. Its the homeland of the Arakoa, and tells the whole story of how the Arakoa went from being these majestic winged dues, to the hunched, twisted, cursed ones in TBC (I'm looking forward to this zone the most I think).

I dunno how it'll work with going to the current Outlands, its the same Dark Portal but I guess there'll prolly be portals to Shattrath somewhere (like, old Burning Crusade Shattrath) so you could get there that way. And maybe as you're levelling, going through the dark portal before 90 just takes you to the old Burning Crusade content?
Reverend Evil
Posted 06:12am 16/8/14
I wonder if whole sections of The Blasted Lands will be phased for lvl 90's and above? The Iron Horde take out both the Horde and Alliance bases in that area after they come thru the portal and head up to UBRS.
Cheez
Posted 08:37pm 17/8/14
For those people like me who play for a bit then forget about it for a year or so, I have a spare key for Mists of Pandaria. PM for details.
Posted 12:22pm 18/8/14
1964gewqnly8vpng.png
Meddek
Posted 01:31pm 18/8/14
Whilst playing WoW is good as I save money by not buying other games, it's also bad because i don't play other games and miss out on epic stories :(
DK
Posted 01:38pm 18/8/14
So I didn't play the panda expansion, can I just get this expansion and skip pandas? Or will I have to purchase both to get through the levels?
glynd
Posted 01:46pm 18/8/14

You'll have to buy MoP. The Vanilla, TBC, WotLK, Cata go for $25 odd with MoP $15 (dropping to $10 soon?)
Meddek
Posted 02:16pm 18/8/14
Yeah you need to have all expansion packs can't just skip, they normally offer specials on the expansions to invite new players into the game.

Wait until Blizzcon they sometimes have specials.
Posted 02:19pm 18/8/14
Even though you have to buy it, you don't have to play it though, cos Warlords comes with a free 90 boost for one of your characters. So you can use that and jump straight into the Warlords content.
ph33x
Posted 02:21pm 18/8/14
95% of the way through getting my own realm running. Will be fun stuffing around with it. Managed to get a 3.3.5 (LK) one going easily, MoP has been a strain though.
Meddek
Posted 02:25pm 18/8/14

You need to pre-order WoD for that?
ph33x
Posted 02:28pm 18/8/14
You need to pre-order WoD for that?

They might advertise it that way, but rest assured it'll stay that way as a 'goodwill treat' when the time comes. Like RaF and Diablo 3 legendary drop rates. People love that spammy s***.

For those who want more 90's, they are selling them for something like $60 as well. Open the proverbial floodgates, level 100.. Could this be it?
Posted 02:44pm 18/8/14
Nah, you don't need to pre-order to get it, its part of the game. The benefit for pre-ordering is you get it right away instead of having to wait till the game comes out to get it.
Jeffro
Posted 10:35pm 18/8/14
I just got an email from Blizzard saying I would get Mists of Pandaria free if I re-sub. Pity I had already upgraded my accounts and re-subbed.
Cheez
Posted 10:00am 19/8/14
Yeah Jeffro similar thing happened to me, I went with a 10day trial and bought MoP, but turns out they gave it to me for free, so had extra key. Just gave it away to DK as he was first in for it.
The Nerfatar
Posted 03:02pm 22/8/14
I'm so confused. A WoW ad appeared in my facebook feed which said to click it to get Mists for free, which I did, and went to my battlenet account (thankfully wasn't a scam because I didn't think to check the URL until after I'd logged in, lawl), and now it says that I own it, but there's no visible history of any other expansions I've bought, or my normal WoW account.

Also, it says in transaction details that I paid $39.95 for it, and they have my old credit card details saved. I'll be hilariously slightly upset if I actually just paid for it.

It also says that the transaction date was in 2010...
Posted 12:26pm 19/8/14
Even if you accidentally paid for it, it definitely shouldn't be $39.95, it only costs $10 now.

Also, all the other expansions are rolled into the base client now afaik, so that might be why they're not showing up as separate things?
Keato
Posted 12:29pm 19/8/14
Looks like they just gave all inactive accounts free upgrade to mop.
Nice stuff.
Now go spend 60$ and free /90 and flood the pick up raids asking questions like, what's a battle stance ? I'm new to wow, got it an hour ago, how to I heal ?

I don't pick up raid anymore....
Meddek
Posted 12:29pm 19/8/14
^^ Something fishy there, I just checked my account history and all my transaction details since 2004 are all listed.

Blizzard would of sent an order confirmation whether the order was actually free or not.
The Nerfatar
Posted 03:01pm 22/8/14
Ahhhh yes, that's what happened. The Mists game is my whole WoW account now, not the free starter edition thing under it, and it has my transaction history and characters in the char transfer list. Woo.

The transaction date seems to be in the same month that I last paid for a subscription. Looking at my bank details, it doesn't look like I got charged, though the card is expired anyway.
Posted 10:33am 22/8/14
Sounds like Leeroy Jenkins is an actual NPC in the new UBRS too, he has a heap of VO in the new beta build

Creepy
Posted 12:43pm 22/8/14
The new login screen is rather nostalgic... :)

glynd
Posted 02:42pm 22/8/14
Looks like they just gave all inactive accounts free upgrade to mop.
Nice stuff.

I don't pick up raid anymore....

In WoD, you have to complete a "proving grounds" to be eligible for raids/heroic dungeons. So you pretty much have to prove that you're not full frittata with your class to queue for heroics.
You must be logged in to post a comment. Log in now!