We take a look at Telltale's latest adventures in Gearbox's Borderlands to find out just what you can expect from this new adventure series.
Tales from the Borderlands - Episode 1: Zer0 Sum Reviewed
We take a look at Ubisoft's next iteration in the Far Cry universe to see just what is on offer
Badger Badger Badger - Far Cry 4 Reviewed
We chat with Blizzard RTS veteran Allen Dilling on the past, present and future of StarCraft!
StarCraft II: Legacy of the Void Developer Interview
Post by Eorl @ 09:18am 07/08/14 | 9 Comments
Blizzard has revealed its plans for celebrating the 10th anniversary of their very successful MMORPG World of Warcraft, which include a revamped 40-man Molten Core raid and a revisit to the infamous Tarren Mill vs Southshore.

As mentioned above, Blizzard will be revamping the very first raid to be found in vanilla World of Warcraft: Molten Core. For the November anniversary celebration, max-level players will be able to participate in a special 40-player Raid Finder version to relive the experience of hunting down Ragnaros and his minions within his fiery lair. Those who are able to overcome the Firelord will be offered a special achievement and the very cool looking Core Hound mount as reward for your efforts.

Alongside the Molten Core revamp, players will also be getting an entire new battleground to bring back the nostalgia of the past. Focusing on the very infamous Tarren Mill vs Southshore, the new team deathmatch-style battleground will be based on the timeless struggle of the original game's launch. However, unlike the past, this battleground will actually lead to a clearly defined victor, so bring your best A game.

Rounding out the 10th year anniversary, Blizzard will also be offering players who log in during the allocated event celebrations a fiery new pet: the Molten Corgi. We aren't quite sure how such a flame-infused Corgi is actually surviving, but the cuteness might just be its reasoning. Check out the ball of fluff over here alongside further details on the 10th year anniversary.

Been with WoW since the start? What has your fondest memories of Blizzard's most successful game ever been? Raid attunements? Onyxia resurrection runs? Let us know in the comments!

blizzardworld of warcraft10th year anniversary
Buy now from Games 101 Only AUD$28.95!

Posted 09:51am 07/8/14
Thats pretty awesome
glynd
Posted 10:39am 07/8/14
that's awesome! wonder if that's a hint that expansion won't be released before the 10 year anniversary.
arkter
Posted 11:36am 07/8/14
Almost enough to get me to resub and quickly power level lol.
ph33x
Posted 12:20pm 07/8/14
What I'm hearing about tier gear not being available in lfr is a good first step. My 3 month sub runs out in 10 days - I've played the game for no more than 4 hours this year so far.
mick
Posted 07:41pm 07/8/14
well the game has got so boring so they will do anything now to keep people playing i log on once a week just for the celestials and ordos weeklies and so i dont get booted out of guild will be getting the new expansion though but at the mo it is soooo boring,
Superform
Posted 02:54am 08/8/14
man i remember being one of the very first after the pvp patch came out on blackrock to hit the griffon to south shore.. i think we played 20 hours straight, i was a gnome mage and i would blink in and spam arcane explosion.. pew pew

the golden days of wow are long gone...
glynd
Posted 11:08am 08/8/14

the golden days of wow are long gone...

dem rose tinted vanilla glasses...
Posted 11:15am 08/8/14
dem rose tinted vanilla glasses...

Yeah, pretty much that.

Nobody can agree on what the 'golden days' were anyway, for some people its vanilla, for some it was TBC, for some it was Wrath. In a few years time Cata will probably be the 'golden days'.
slyin
Posted 12:09pm 08/8/14
I've had special moments in each expansion, except for MoP. Vanilla felt so new and big as my first MMO, TBC was my first time raiding, Wrath's lore and setting gave me chills as a continuation of frozen throne, and Cata I enjoyed how brutal healing was at the start. I don't know that I could pick one moment that I'd want to stay in forever.

It's changed so much and I'm ok with it, even stuff like dungeon finder. It kinda ruined meeting new people on your server, but I'm not a uni student with endless free time any more. LFR is boring as s*** though, thats probably why I found MoP boring. I subbed for about 2 months, did each of the raids twice and had enough gear for the ilvl gates each time. If i'd been in a raiding guild it probably would have been great.

Hoping WoD has something for me this time around.
You must be logged in to post a comment. Log in now!