AusGamers’ Nathan “nachosjustice” Lawrence sits down with Assassin’s Creed Syndicate Game Director Scott Phillips to discuss what’s new for the yearly series.
Game Director Scott Phillips Talks Assassin’s Creed Syndicate
AusGamers own corn-chips-as-a-meal assassin, Nathan 'Nachos Justice' Lawrence goes hands-on with the latest Creed
Darwinism vs Revolution – We Play Assassin’s Creed Syndicate
Before the release of Halo 5 later this month, we go back to the beginning with a closer look at Halo: Combat Evolved.
Throwback Thursday - Halo: Combat Evolved (2001)
We take a closer look at Year 2 of Destiny, and come away impressed. And with some new weapons too.
Destiny: The Taken King Review
Post by Dan @ 08:57am 06/08/14 | 6 Comments
EA Continues it's generous On the House promotion today, offering up the classic 1994 space action game Wing Commander 3 as the latest free title, available for a limited time to anyone with an Origin account to permanently add to their library.

Head over to and hit "Get It Now" for the goods.

wing commanderwing commander 3origineaelectronic artsfree

Posted 09:23am 06/8/14
If ever I won the lottery, I expect one of the things I'd want to spend that money on is the IP rights to the Wing Commander series.
Posted 11:00am 06/8/14
For those who came in late, this has Mark Hamill in it. It was a spectacular game at the time, costing millions of dollars because it had heaps of motion video and SFX with some big name actors (including Hamill). IIRC it came on 4 CDs, which was just ridiculously huge.

I cannot remember if the game was great - rose tinted glasses and my love for the Wing Commander series bias me. But I signed in to lock it down anyway so I can revisit one rainy weekend.
Posted 12:22pm 06/8/14
The problems with WC3 were the difficulty and load times. It was not unusual for you to have to wait 2-3 minutes sitting in the c***pit of the launch sequence while data was loaded from a 2X CD-ROM drive. Oh yeah, and it was 4 discs.

The difficulty wasn't insane, like some of the WC1/WC2 missions (Saving that fscking Exeter from the Ralari, anyone, same deal with that stupid bloody Drayman?), but failing any number of missions could/would put you on a losing path which you may not know you're on, and you couldn't always recover from.

The WC3 budget was $4m - obscene at the time. Then it increased to $12m for Wing Commander IV.
Posted 10:08pm 06/8/14
big name actors (including Hamill)

Lots of big names:
Malcolm McDowell (A Clockwork Orange, Star Trek Generations)
John Rhys Davies (Lord of the Rings, Indiana Jones series)
Thomas F Wilson (Back to the Future, Freaks and Geeks)
Ginger Lynn (I Wanna Cum Inside Your Mom #23 & Sex Starved MILFs #2)
Posted 09:31pm 06/8/14
Posted 07:54am 07/8/14
But if I play this again I'll have make a decision again: Flint or Rachael?!