The debut trailer for Assassin's Creed Rogue leaked early this morning, confirming many of the rumours we had heard about this last-gen addition to Ubisoft's popular open world action series, and prompting the publisher to serve up an official announcement.
Here's the one sheet
Assassin’s Creed Rogue is a brand new chapter in the blockbuster Assassin’s Creed universe. Play as Shay, an Assassin who finds himself at a crossroads and ultimately turns his back on The Brotherhood in order to hunt them down. Assassin’s Creed Rogue will be available exclusively on Xbox 360 and Playstation 3 November 11th.
• Play as an all-new type of Assassin in the throes of a dark transformation from an adventurous Assassin to a loyal Templar committed to hunting down his former allies in the Assassin’s Brotherhood.
• New weapons such as the deadly air rifle and a variety of ammunition as well as specialized grenades can be used to distract, eliminate, or confuse enemies.
• Use Shay’s enhanced Eagle Vision and locate hidden Assassins to either avoid or eliminate them.
• Sail the icy and perilous seas of the North Atlantic for thrilling naval gameplay including new enemy tactics, exotic new weapons, and an arctic world full of icebergs and other dangers.
• Explore a diverse open world including the city streets of New York City, lush river valleys of the North East, and icy seas of the North Atlantic Ocean.
A November 11st 2014 release date has been set, and as expected, Assassin's Creed Rogue is in the works for Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3. Unusually however, there's no word at all of a PC version -- perhaps it will come along with the inevitable new-gen console super special edition.