AusGamers took Far Cry 4 for a hands-on spin last week. Read on for our full thoughts...
Far Cry 4 Hands-On Preview
AusGamers had the chance to sit down and chat with lead programmer and local Australian Ian Hern on all things Kraden’s Crypt.
Interview with Ian Hern on Kraden's Crypt
We take a look at all the local talent Australia has to offer for the gaming scene
Indie Friday: A Look at Australian Gaming
Joaby Gilroy takes The Sims 4 for a spin on PC and finds out just what the life simulator has to offer.
The Sims 4 Reviewed
Post by Eorl @ 09:11am 31/07/14 | 6 Comments
Sci-fi massively multiplayer ship simulator Elite: Dangerous is now in beta testing as promised, with the premium beta having come to a close.

Sadly this does not make the "regular" beta cheap, however, as buying access will come at the cost $75.00 USD. The price isn't entirely steep though when you consider that the purchase also includes future beta phases and the eventual release of the game.
The Beta phase has now started with many significant additional features. There are now 55 star systems covering 38,000 cubic light year. Player to player communication by voice and text, friends management and matchmaking. Private group and online single player options. Fuel consumption and docking computers for safe star port landings. Plus an overview of trade route mapping and the beginnings of online mission systems.
Frontier Developments calls the beta a "significant milestone" in development of the space combat sequel, and offer a new beta trailer to show it off.

elite: dangeroussci-fispace combatbeta testing

Joaby
Posted 09:22am 31/7/14
I bought into the premium beta... it's nuts. It's wonderful and daunting and complicated and awe-inspiring all at once. It's basically Pirates Gold meets DayZ set in Space with a control scheme designed for lunatics. I haven't played it since they added fuel consumption, but I'm sure that will ony make things crazier.
Eorl
Posted 09:30am 31/7/14
I'm so keen to jump in, but I will definitely need a proper set up to really enjoy it all. It looks god damn amazing though.
Joaby
Posted 09:32am 31/7/14
Yeah I'm playing with a gamepad, keyboard and voice control setup and it's still pretty complicated. Like I was going to play some yesterday, but I was feeling a bit under the weather so I decided Dark Souls 2 would be a less stressful experience.
TicMan
Posted 11:07am 31/7/14
So many hours spent on the original Elite. I didn't get into this as I'm over the whole kickstarter / buy into our beta thing everyone seems to be doing these days.
WirlWind
Posted 03:31pm 31/7/14
Guess that means I'm finally going to have to spend the ridiculous price to get into this game, since my OR will be here in the next month and this is one of the few games with native support.
Eorl
Posted 04:52pm 31/7/14

I've heard that OR for Elite isn't exactly the greatest, as the menu ratio is extremely small. But, the fact it has natural support is awesome, and I can't wait to see it mature as a sci-fi setting like Elite is perfect for virtual reality.
You must be logged in to post a comment. Log in now!