For many of us, with a visual fidelity this good, Star Wars Battlefront is a fantasy come true. Does it live up to its own hype?
The Force Awakens in Star Wars Battlefront - Our Review!
Closing out the trilogy, Legacy of the Void will leave you complete and at a loss all in one!
StarCraft 2: Legacy of the Void: Our In-Depth Review!
We knew it would be something, but we didn't quite know just how good that something would be!
Fall in Love with Fallout 4 - Our Complete Review!
We take on Lara's exploits once again. Is there enough treasure here for a true dig?
Rise of the Tomb Raider - Our In-Depth Review!
Post by Eorl @ 02:15pm 26/07/14 | 18 Comments
It won't require much more than a functional PC to run The Sims 4 according to The Sims official website, where a new FAQ has revealed the system requirements needed to run the game.

The Sims 4 will require Windows XP (or later), at least 2 GB RAM and 9 GB of hard drive space, with at least 1 GB of additional storage for custom content and saved games. The Sims 4 will also be DirectX 9.0c compatible.

The processor and video card requirements are as follows:
PROCESSOR: 1.8 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, AMD Athlon 64 Dual-Core 4000+ or equivalent (For computers using built-in graphics chipsets, the game requires 2.0 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 2.0 GHz AMD Turion 64 X2 TL-62 or equivalent)

VIDEO CARD: 128 MB of Video RAM and support for Pixel Shader 3.0. Supported Video Cards: NVIDIA GeForce 6600 or better, ATI Radeon X1300 or better, Intel GMA X4500 or better
A one time internet connection, as well as an Origin account, will be required for product activation and installation - however a persistent online connection won't be necessary.

the sims 4system requirementsoriginpcmaxielectronic arts
Buy now from Green Man Gaming Only GBP£34.99!

Posted 02:50pm 26/7/14
Posted 05:51pm 26/7/14
To be fair though, Sims 3 runs like s*** on even the higher end PCs. Especially when you have all expansions installed.
Posted 08:37pm 26/7/14
Saying "metric litre" seems redundant
Posted 10:01pm 26/7/14
it's all about the later add on and expansions, I mean game play, it's all about game play
Posted 10:17pm 26/7/14
Saying "metric litre" seems redundant

I agree, seeing that it is a measure of volume with no other measure using that name (unlike say, a gallon)

I guess there is the US liter,

(i feel dirty writing it)
Posted 10:21am 27/7/14
That Sims 3 vs 4 comparison picture is pretty stupid, all it shows is that Sims 4 has a unified art style and Sims 3 was trying to be realistic and ended up with a mishmash of s***.
Posted 01:38pm 27/7/14
Yep, the Sims 4 looks heaps better.
Posted 05:35pm 27/7/14
You gonna run SLI for Sims 4 Audi?
Posted 06:30pm 27/7/14
I won't be touching this game with a barge pole.
Posted 06:57pm 27/7/14
Sims 4 = Sims 3 Bloom Edition.
Posted 09:01pm 27/7/14
I claimed my free Sims2 but freezes on the boot screen lol
Posted 08:55am 28/7/14
I claimed my free Sims2 but freezes on the boot screen lol

mine does too. but was reading the first time you load the game you have to wait for like 5 mins as it has to copy 1gb of data to your my documents folder.
Posted 11:34am 28/7/14

Thanks I'll give it a crack
Posted 10:09pm 28/7/14
This looks to have an EXCESSIVE amount of HDR/BLOOM/Lighting Shaders applied to it. Nice trick and I am sure it will fool the plebs, hopefully they at least give it a more optimized engine. Given the specs I would certainly hope so.
Posted 10:59pm 28/7/14
I could pick out way more than 10 things that are done better in Sims 4:

3d gutters/drains
Property boundary fence no longer made of plastic
More realistic deeper shadows
Fruit on trees
Deliberate removal ov obtuse textures
Number plates on cars
Shrubs now have a full bodied bulk
Homes have much more detailed roof balcony designs
Home windows are much more detailed
Home windows and doors have transparency

I could go on but the game will be arse anyway.
Posted 10:58am 29/7/14
Remember the days when the community would add all those things?

They called it a mod. EA call it a sequel.
Posted 11:04am 29/7/14
i remember when mods and community were free and not subscription based
Posted 01:13pm 29/7/14
i remember when mods and community were free and not subscription based

Unfortunately the glory days are lone gone.