Bethesda tells us why ANZ will be first to Battlecry's beta!
Battlecry Beta First in ANZ!
We check out the fast-paced third-person Xbox One exclusive Sunset Overdrive to see just what it has in store.
Sunset Overdrive Reviewed
We take a look at Firaxis' sci-fi take on the Civ universe
Civilization: Beyond Earth Reviewed
We sit down with Blizzard's Ion Hazzikostas to talk all things World of Warcraft, including upcoming expansion Warlords of Draenor.
Talking Draenor with Ion Hazzikostas
Post by Eorl @ 02:15pm 26/07/14 | 18 Comments
It won't require much more than a functional PC to run The Sims 4 according to The Sims official website, where a new FAQ has revealed the system requirements needed to run the game.

The Sims 4 will require Windows XP (or later), at least 2 GB RAM and 9 GB of hard drive space, with at least 1 GB of additional storage for custom content and saved games. The Sims 4 will also be DirectX 9.0c compatible.

The processor and video card requirements are as follows:
PROCESSOR: 1.8 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, AMD Athlon 64 Dual-Core 4000+ or equivalent (For computers using built-in graphics chipsets, the game requires 2.0 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 2.0 GHz AMD Turion 64 X2 TL-62 or equivalent)

VIDEO CARD: 128 MB of Video RAM and support for Pixel Shader 3.0. Supported Video Cards: NVIDIA GeForce 6600 or better, ATI Radeon X1300 or better, Intel GMA X4500 or better
A one time internet connection, as well as an Origin account, will be required for product activation and installation - however a persistent online connection won't be necessary.

the sims 4system requirementsoriginpcmaxielectronic arts
Buy now from Green Man Gaming Only GBP£34.99!

Phooks
Posted 02:50pm 26/7/14
carson
Posted 05:51pm 26/7/14
To be fair though, Sims 3 runs like s*** on even the higher end PCs. Especially when you have all expansions installed.
Focumba
Posted 08:37pm 26/7/14
Saying "metric litre" seems redundant
copuis
Posted 10:01pm 26/7/14
it's all about the later add on and expansions, I mean game play, it's all about game play
copuis
Posted 10:17pm 26/7/14
Saying "metric litre" seems redundant

I agree, seeing that it is a measure of volume with no other measure using that name (unlike say, a gallon)

I guess there is the US liter,

(i feel dirty writing it)
Monkeez
Posted 10:21am 27/7/14
That Sims 3 vs 4 comparison picture is pretty stupid, all it shows is that Sims 4 has a unified art style and Sims 3 was trying to be realistic and ended up with a mishmash of s***.
Audi
Posted 01:38pm 27/7/14
Yep, the Sims 4 looks heaps better.
ph33x
Posted 05:35pm 27/7/14
You gonna run SLI for Sims 4 Audi?
Audi
Posted 06:30pm 27/7/14
I won't be touching this game with a barge pole.
Jboy
Posted 06:57pm 27/7/14
Sims 4 = Sims 3 Bloom Edition.
Meddek
Posted 09:01pm 27/7/14
I claimed my free Sims2 but freezes on the boot screen lol
TiT
Posted 08:55am 28/7/14
I claimed my free Sims2 but freezes on the boot screen lol

mine does too. but was reading the first time you load the game you have to wait for like 5 mins as it has to copy 1gb of data to your my documents folder.
Meddek
Posted 11:34am 28/7/14
^^ LOL WTF

Thanks I'll give it a crack
PRiME
Posted 10:09pm 28/7/14
This looks to have an EXCESSIVE amount of HDR/BLOOM/Lighting Shaders applied to it. Nice trick and I am sure it will fool the plebs, hopefully they at least give it a more optimized engine. Given the specs I would certainly hope so.
Audi
Posted 10:59pm 28/7/14
I could pick out way more than 10 things that are done better in Sims 4:

3d gutters/drains
Property boundary fence no longer made of plastic
More realistic deeper shadows
Fruit on trees
Deliberate removal ov obtuse textures
Number plates on cars
Shrubs now have a full bodied bulk
Homes have much more detailed roof balcony designs
Home windows are much more detailed
Home windows and doors have transparency

I could go on but the game will be arse anyway.
ph33x
Posted 10:58am 29/7/14
Remember the days when the community would add all those things?

They called it a mod. EA call it a sequel.
TiT
Posted 11:04am 29/7/14
i remember when mods and community were free and not subscription based
Audi
Posted 01:13pm 29/7/14
i remember when mods and community were free and not subscription based

Unfortunately the glory days are lone gone.
You must be logged in to post a comment. Log in now!