We take a look at Telltale's latest adventures in Gearbox's Borderlands to find out just what you can expect from this new adventure series.
Tales from the Borderlands - Episode 1: Zer0 Sum Reviewed
We take a look at Ubisoft's next iteration in the Far Cry universe to see just what is on offer
Badger Badger Badger - Far Cry 4 Reviewed
We chat with Blizzard RTS veteran Allen Dilling on the past, present and future of StarCraft!
StarCraft II: Legacy of the Void Developer Interview
Post by Eorl @ 10:42am 27/06/14 | 11 Comments
Steam's Summer Sale moves onto a new day with a whole stack of new discounts to help remove those precious dollars from your hard-earned banking account.

Today's Daily Deals headliners include Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag, Civilization V, Dishonored, Left 4 Dead 2, Train Simulator 2014, Total War: Rome II, Resident Evil 4 HD, Banished and Europa Universalis IV.

Spot any good deals hidden away, or just want to share what you've bought so far? Let us know in the comments below! As always, you can also find the full discounted catalog over at the official website or through the Steam client, along with a FAQ on how to partipate in the Adventure mini-challenge.

steamsummer sale 2014discountsvideo gamesvalvenoodles4lyfe

fpot
Posted 11:08am 27/6/14
Trainz Simulator @85% is my pick of the day.
fpot
Posted 11:36am 27/6/14
My steam downloads keep dropping out and have to be manually restarted. Pretty s***.

edit: derp, changing download location seemed to fix it.
Nerf Stormborn
Posted 11:37am 27/6/14
I sold $5 worth of those damn trading cards at like 10c each, prolly not the best time-for-money effort but still fun to throw at a cheap game sometime. Who the hell even buys those?
fpot
Posted 11:40am 27/6/14
The same people who buy hats I guess.
Meddek
Posted 11:46am 27/6/14
lol maybe it's Valve buying them back lol

Not keen on anything today Rome Total War 2 is tempting but playing Mount & Blade which is scratching that itch at the moment.
Mantorok
Posted 11:48am 27/6/14
Who the hell even buys those?
I'm guessing this guy does http://steamcommunity.com/id/palmdesert/badges/
Meddek

Achievements
Perfect Games
39%
Avg. Game Completion Rate
Nerf Stormborn
Posted 11:54am 27/6/14
We're talking tens of thousands of buyers per card, even old cards I had from FTL and Shogun 2 etc sold within an hour or so of me putting them up today...

I did actually suspect steam might just be 'buying' them for some strange consumer-leading reason, but it gives a link to the account of the person who bought each one...

edit: Alright, I googled, I suppose there's some benefits, particularly the last one:

Basically, collecting each card for a game will allow you to craft a badge, earning you experience which can increase your Steam level. Your steam level allows you to customize your profile, adding backgrounds, adding "showcases" which make it easier to show off what things you've accomplished (like achievements). It also increases the max size of your friends list. EDIT: I was told below that crafting badges will also reward you with steam coupons when the summer sale isn't active.
ravn0s
Posted 11:58am 27/6/14
i put a few cards up for sale last night for the first time ever. i like how it tells you how many of each card has sold within the last 24hrs. one of the cards was at 40k.

anyway, i put my cards up for one cent less than what the current selling price was and they were gone pretty quick.
carson
Posted 02:11pm 27/6/14
I buy cards sometimes. For games I love I'll get them.

I wanted Dishonoured, but I'm not being price gouged for it. I'll wait to see if Amazon price matches. I got Bioshock Infinate there today for whatever their price match price was. 7 bux I think?
Nerf Stormborn
Posted 02:37pm 27/6/14
I put them up at the listed price and they all sold, you lost entire cents ravn0s!
You must be logged in to post a comment. Log in now!