We check out the fast-paced third-person Xbox One exclusive Sunset Overdrive to see just what it has in store.
Sunset Overdrive Reviewed
We take a look at Firaxis' sci-fi take on the Civ universe
Civilization: Beyond Earth Reviewed
We sit down with Blizzard's Ion Hazzikostas to talk all things World of Warcraft, including upcoming expansion Warlords of Draenor.
Talking Draenor with Ion Hazzikostas
Here it is, AusGamers looks at The Evil Within, and just what you can expect from grandaddy horror creator Shinji Mikami
The Evil Within Review
Post by Eorl @ 02:18pm 17/06/14 | 16 Comments
While many eagerly expected Nintendo's fabled Legend of Zelda series to make an appearance at this year's E3 2014, fans were still surprised by just what was shown for the Wii U title with many asking whether the gameplay footage shown was actually in-game.

Producer of The Legend of Zelda series Eiji Aonuma took to the Nintendo Miiverse to address this point directly. “Many people from the media kept asking me if the footage from the new Zelda game for Wii U is just a promotional movie, but that really is actual gameplay on Wii U,” Aonuma assures. “Also, I wasn’t kidding about how you will be able to reach the mountains that appear in the distance if you should choose to!”

Check out the footage below for yourself, and let us know your thoughts about what was shown in the comments. The Legend of Zelda for Wii U has yet to attain a subtitle, but is due for release in 2015.

the legend of zeldawii ueiji aonumae3 2014

glynd
Posted 04:07pm 17/6/14
I haven't been this excited for a video game in a long while. Going to be an interesting 12-24 months!
Steve Farrelly
Posted 04:23pm 17/6/14
Prediction: This new Zelda will be a launch title for Nintendo's next console which will be a more powerful next-gen entry but will support both backwards compatibility with Wii U titles and the Wii U controller.

You won't be playing this game until Holiday 2016.
carson
Posted 05:15pm 17/6/14
Would they really release another console so close off the heels of the WiiU? It seems like the WiiU is finally getting titles just now.
Steve Farrelly
Posted 05:22pm 17/6/14
There's zero third-party support and Nintendo is slow at releasing and developing their own titles. MK8 won't save it, and neither will the promise of just a handful of exclusives. It's just not financially viable
Mantorok
Posted 05:22pm 17/6/14
I'd say no new Nintendo hardware before 2017. I can't see this Zelda being delayed by more than 6 months, they've already nailed the direction for the game. Most of Nintendo's big delays involve a shift in direction for the game.
groganus
Posted 05:25pm 17/6/14

I thought the same thing when I saw the trailer but then I thought, nah they wouldn't do something crazy like that.
Spook
Posted 05:30pm 17/6/14
god i hope its better than the completely horrible skyward sword :(
Posted 06:13pm 17/6/14
Game cube wasn't financially viable either but it limped along for years on the back of a few exclusives. I think nintendo are too proud to admit failure
Mantorok
Posted 06:40pm 17/6/14
They can afford to wait it out until the next generation though. They've got so much money that it'd take 20 years for them to go broke at this rate.
Midda
Posted 10:36pm 17/6/14

That is just absurd.

I have no trouble believing that video was running realtime. It looks great, but it looks great because of a strong and well executed art direction. I was more surprised to hear so many people thought it was pre-rendered.
Tepid
Posted 04:49pm 19/6/14
sorry steve, you wrong.
ytime
Posted 05:35pm 19/6/14
I think steve is right, instead of a whole new console it will be WiiU2 with better hardware. Essentially a new console hardware wise.
dais
Posted 07:48pm 19/6/14
I seriously doubt they would show a new Zelda game and intend for it to be released on a new, as yet unannounced console. The Wii U is only just taking off.
Spook
Posted 08:01pm 19/6/14

dais
Posted 07:52pm 20/6/14

At E3, I talked to two of Nintendo's most senior people about the state of Nintendo's console. Nintendo of America president Reggie Fils-Aime sparred with me about how the Wii U has been doing and pledged that the console "has a very long life ahead of it."
Meddek
Posted 06:21am 21/6/14
Everyone should have a WiiU under their TV, just like everyone has boardgames in their wardrobes! It's what you play with friends, family or just when your sick of the s*** on PS4 & Xbone
You must be logged in to post a comment. Log in now!