Cam Lee Inquisition
Dragon Age: Inquisition producer Cameron Lee has become a fixture here at AusGamers. The Aussie ex-pat took tie out of his Gamescom duties to chat with us again. Check it out!
couch slayer
Diablo 3: Reaper of Souls Ultimate Evil Edition is now upon us, but it might as well be called "definitive edition". Read our review to find out why - click here!
Resident Evil Within
The Evil Within is creeping up just around the release corner, so we decided to take a look back at Shinji Mikami's incredible Resident Evil 4. Click here for more!
fella!
Wrapping up a tour in Australia and with Summerslam dominating August, we had a chance to chat with the Great White himself, Sheamus! Check it out right here!
Post by Eorl @ 10:03am 06/06/14 | 13 Comments
Ubisoft has revealed an extension of partnership with GPU manufacturer Nvidia, promising further PC exclusive enhancements in the form of Nvidia's GameWorks program.

Included in the partnership are four games; Assassin's Creed: Unity, Tom Clancy's The Division, Far Cry 4 and The Crew. Nvidia's GameWorks team previously worked with Ubisoft to help polish the PC versions of Assassin's Creed 4 and Watch Dogs, with graphical tricks such as TXAA anti-aliasing, horizon-based ambient occlusion, DX11 tessellation and Nvidia PhysX.

The company partnership comes after a recent falling out between graphics manufacturers Nvidia and AMD, where AMD alleged that the GameWorks partnership blocked optimisation for Ubisoft's recent Watch Dogs title on PC. Nvidia threw back the claim, stating that they never restricted access to game code as part of its agreements. "We don't and we never have restricted anyone from getting access as part of our agreements. Not with Watch Dogs and not with any other titles," Nvidia's engineering director Cem Cebenoyan told Forbes.

Ubisoft is expected to reveal more on Assassin's Creed: Unity and Far Cry 4 at E3 2014 this year, though we also hope to hear more on The Division and The Crew. For now you can check out today's rather short teaser of The Division footage below while we count down until next week.

groganus
Posted 10:20am 06/6/14
After the cluster f*** release of Watchdogs on PC i'm pretty much set on playing all future Ubisoft titles on console, Bonus, i don't have to install uplay on my pc.
Gung-ho
Posted 01:36pm 06/6/14
I still remember the original Assassin's Creed PC release where Ubisoft patched the game to better support nVidia hardware and it came at the cost of ATI/AMD's (dominating at the time for AC) performance.
koopz
Posted 06:01pm 07/6/14

I still remember when most people on this forum were AMD fanboys, silly enough to put hundreds if not thousands of dollars behind their opinions.

look how that turned out for everyone involved

Jeffro
Posted 07:19pm 07/6/14
The Division is shaping up pretty good. Going to be playing that for sure and AC Unity as well. I play Ubisoft games on console still though but good to hear PC are being looked after as well.
Viper119
Posted 08:21pm 07/6/14
Division looks awesome.

Is Watchdogs that bad on PC? I haven't been able to get a definitive answer.
Reverend Evil
Posted 09:08pm 07/6/14
ROFL

WTF is that Division thing? I don't know any more than I did before watching it. I can actually see more from the the still picture before hitting play. What the hell are you guys doing?
Mordecai
Posted 12:53am 08/6/14
Viper I haven't had any problems with Watch Dogs on PC but I am running an nvidia card so that might be helping.

I did run in to the bug that if you die when being hacked you lose access to your outfits and weapons though.

Apart from that it's been fine for me.
Jeffro
Posted 02:53am 08/6/14
ROFL

Here's the 2013 E3 reveal trailer if you haven't seen it before.

Jboy
Posted 08:59am 09/6/14
Too bad all these games are riddled with the "malware" called UPlay and as such I won't buy any of them.
Jeffro
Posted 09:12am 09/6/14

I'm a console noob so my interactions with Uplay are minimal. PC I could see it being annoying though.
Meddek
Posted 10:10am 09/6/14
Division looks awesome.

Is Watchdogs that bad on PC? I haven't been able to get a definitive answer.

I have had no issues with Watch_Dogs again using an nVidia card, driving is abit tricky with keyboard but you get used to it.
Zapo
Posted 10:39am 09/6/14
As soon as you are playing in 3rd person a console is better for control IMO because it normally doesn't rely pinpoint accuracy for aiming etc. I got Watch Dogs on the PC and I'm regretting it because I just find the consoles awful. I'll probably start using my 360 controller, but it's just weird doing that at my desk!
Mordecai
Posted 12:38pm 09/6/14

Uplay is fine. Do you use Steam? If so its like that but actually turns off when you hit the little X to close it unlike Steam.
Nickname
Email Address

If you already have an account, please login here

You need an account to participate on AusGamers.

This form will quickly create one for you - you will just need to confirm your email address by clicking on a link in an email that will get sent to you.

Your comments will be published once your email address has been confirmed.