This year marks the 30th anniversary of the timeless puzzle game Tetris, and celebrating that fact (or cashing in if you'd prefer) is publisher Ubisoft, announcing a Tetris Ultimate for the new generation consoles and the PC (thanks Blues
Experience the Best of Tetris In this fast-paced game of skills, you can take on the puzzle game solo, battle a friend, partner up with friends, or make battle teams. Up to four players can get in on the action.
- Marathon – Get to level 15 and rack up as many points as you can.
- Endless – Go as high as level 30 and keep clearing lines as long as possible.
- Ultra – Get your highest score before time runs out in this three-minute challenge.
- Sprint – Clear 40 lines as quickly as you can.
- Battle – Go head-to-head to knock out your opponents.
- Power-Up Battle – Be the last person playing after using crazy power-ups!
Tetris Ultimate is due shortly on the Xbox One and PlayStation 4 in "Summer 2014" (Australian Winter), with PC due to follow in the Northern Fall (Australian Spring).
Blues has kindly posted up a gameplay trailer you can check out below.