beware your nemesis
Blizzard spoke with us recently about what separates the Diablo III: Reaper of Souls Ultimate Evil Edition experience over the PC and spoke about platform differences. Click here!
inquiring minds
We chat with friend of the site Cameron Lee about Dragon Age Inquisition's endgame content, theorycrafting, tactical play and much more. Click here for our interview!
welcome to you're doom
AusGamers got a 15-minute live sneak-peek at the totally reimagined Doom at this year's QuakeCon. Read our in-depth first-look impressions right here!
highway to the danger zone
We caught up with The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt's game director, Konrad Tomaszkiewicz, to talk all things Witcher, monsters and open-world! Click here!
Post by Eorl @ 08:51am 25/04/14 | 102 Comments
With console fans having faced death multiple times now in From Software's Dark Souls sequel, PC players are now being given the chance to test their strength against the rather difficult RPG with the launch of Dark Souls 2.
Dark Souls I I immerses players in a bleak setting full of danger and adventure while allowing them to discover what lies beneath the anguish and pain that engulfs the world. With Dark Souls II, Tokyo based developer FromSoftware has taken steps to enrich players’ experiences through improved visuals, life-like animations and dynamic lighting, while preserving the game’s core tenants to provide challenging gameplay and deliver true emotional elation from each hard-fought victory.
The sequel brings some rather much needed changes to the PC version, including more advanced graphical options and native keyboard/mouse support. Compared to the original Dark Souls, the sequel also offers a smooth 60FPS for all those eager to get the best eye candy.

“FromSoftware really went the extra mile with Dark Souls 2 in order to make it the legitimate heir to Dark Souls, which was quite a challenge,” said Mathieu Piau, EMEA Marketing Director at Namco Bandai Games Europe. “No other game can quite compete with the DARK SOULS franchise when it comes to delivering a profound yet exhilarating gaming experience! As one of the most awaited games this year, Dark Souls 2 promises an immensely rewarding adventure for those prepared to Go Beyond Death.”

Dark Souls 2 is now available on PC, PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360. Those looking to gain the best performance can find popular modder Durante's downsampling tools to further enahnce your experience, plus a NeoGAF user has outlined how to get the PlayStation 4 controller working.

Buy now from Green Man Gaming for only GBP£39.99 (USD$71.99 on Steam)!

Posted 11:00am 25/4/14
Jiggidy Jig
Posted 11:08am 25/4/14
I'm stuck on the first ogre :( Dark Souls difficulty hates me...
Ozzy
Posted 11:25am 25/4/14
I havent finished the first one yet. Might wait till steam sales.
Posted 11:30am 25/4/14
Eorl, it's easy mode bro. Just hit him.
Posted 12:08pm 25/4/14
haha killing him is worth it

get behind him and hit him once and roll the f*** back and that will bait his sit attack and you can hit him again and repeat
Posted 01:31pm 25/4/14
Turns out I wasn't even suppose to kill him -_- there was a cave to the right of the first bonfire. Somehow I feel like this is far more difficult than Dark Souls, but still a heap of fun! Only problem so far is the stupid kb/mouse controls, so I just plugged my PS4 in. Thought they were going to offer full PC support :(
Posted 01:51pm 25/4/14
Hay, these controls are a billion times better than the first Dark Souls.

The trolls gave me a hard time too. I might hunt down a controller somewhere in the house.
Posted 02:02pm 25/4/14
no you don't have to kill him

the item he drops is pretty decent though and there is another item he is standing near behind the cart which is pretty useful
Posted 02:05pm 25/4/14
How do I go about "using" the pre-order weapons? Everytime I equip them it states I don't have the required stats for it?
Posted 02:16pm 25/4/14
You probably don't have the required dex or strength stats to use them. I think if you go into the weapon select screen and use help it will give you a bit more info about where the required stats are listed. You'll need to either start with a different character or put a few points into the stats.
Posted 02:33pm 25/4/14
yeah you have to level up, check the stat requirements..
Posted 03:45pm 25/4/14
Seems like an awesome port so far, glad I waited. Solid 60FPS, looks really nice and the load times are short. A much better job than the last one. There looks to be loads of people playing at the moment too, it's comforting to see all the other ghosts running around. I'm looking forward to a bit of multiplayer once I've sussed out how it all works.

As for the game, so far it seems to be doing a pretty good job of capturing that Souls feeling. The agonising mystery of what's around the next corner when you're carrying a big load of souls, the feelings of loneliness punctuated by small moments of fellowship when you find an NPC, the overwhelming desire to explore every nook and cranny, and that satisfaction of defeating a difficult boss. No other game is quite like it.

I played for about 2 hours this morning and still hadnt reached the point where I could level up, it was time to stop playing when I lost all the mornings souls. Nothing quite like the feeling of frustration at losing everything you've worked for and then the feeling of liberation once you stop worrying about it.
Posted 03:48pm 25/4/14
the emerald herald at majula levels you up, not the bonfire

the story is awesome too, as usual you have to go looking to find the lore but how they tied dark souls 1 and 2 together is awesome
Posted 03:47pm 25/4/14
Hehehe, f*** you Dark Souls. I had already left Majula and was on my way to the Forest of the Giants when I lost all my souls. I should've explored a bit more.
fryzeegunner
Posted 04:18pm 25/4/14
just beat it gg
Ice9ine
Posted 04:39pm 25/4/14
I find farming is the best method. Clear the first small section of an area, run back with souls and rest at the bonfire triggering respawns. Rinse and repeat until enough to level up then do again. After killing mobs 12 times they stop respawning allowing me to move forward into the next area of the map and repeating the farming method. By the time I've got to the Boss I'm quite well levelled without losing too many souls along the way. I don't ever feel comfortable carrying a huge stash of souls. Still only SL45 and loving this game!
Posted 04:55pm 25/4/14
Haha that's a pretty piss weak way of playing and hear that makes me wish they hadn't brought in this non-respawning after 15 spawns

Losing souls isn't the end of the world, you'll find yourself with more souls not too long after loaing them
fryzeegunner
Posted 05:36pm 25/4/14
you dont need farm, just boss souls.
Ice9ine
Posted 05:42pm 25/4/14
Piss weak way of playing? At least I'm having a crack mate, this game scares of the majority of gamers. I reckon any method of beating this game on default difficulty is legit.
Posted 05:47pm 25/4/14
I joined the Covenant of the Champions having no idea what the f*** I was doing. Going to get the cat to ditch that s***
Posted 05:54pm 25/4/14
hahaha toll, yeah that's going to end in a bad day

sunbros ftw
TufNuT
Posted 06:01pm 25/4/14
what are the controls like? does it still require you to use a 360 pad like the first one? or have they actually done a proper port this time?
Posted 06:40pm 25/4/14
i don't really see how you could play it without a controller regardless tbh
WirlWind
Posted 06:40pm 25/4/14
Not sure if it's just because of mechanic changes, but this game is def harder than the first...

F*** this game... f*** daggers... f*** that goddamn ogre-dillo looking thing and f*** the AMD drivers for having issues with full screen... (purple textures)
Posted 07:03pm 25/4/14
I can't find a controller so sticking with KEyboard/Mouse. Whilst it would feel a bit better, f*** hitting enter for 'A' all the time...

Anyway, the K&M controls are doable. Unlike the first one.
Posted 07:04pm 25/4/14
the combat has changed a bit, thanks in part to stamina - when you run out of stamina now it really hurts you, you have to manage it better now.

the adaptability stat seems ti have a murky role with combat as well, increasing that seems to make you raise your shield faster, roll faster, parry faster

the game seems more clunky when you have less adaptability
Phandaal
Posted 07:05pm 25/4/14
Mobs despawning is the worst thing they could have done.

Kills the whole risk/reward balance that made 'souls' so compelling.

Progressing by farming mobs until they despawn is no 'souls', it's casual bulls***.
Posted 07:38pm 25/4/14
I wouldn't recommend the use of keyboard/mouse, the game just straight up can't be played without a lot of tweaks. Even after doing all that it still shows X360 button prompts which is just stupid.
Posted 08:02pm 25/4/14
I haven't tweaked it at all and using K&M and it plays fine enough to enjoy Eorl.
WirlWind
Posted 08:38pm 25/4/14
Phandaal, if anything, it's NOT casual.

It means you have limited resources which means you need to be GOOD instead of just FARMED to progress.

Having said that, it does annoy me too, as I like to farm.
Posted 09:02pm 25/4/14
Yeah it's kind of a s***** double edged sword

it makes it harder for people that want to farm for souls or more specifically a rare drop item and makes it easier for newbs who will just keep farming until the area is clear so they have an easy run back.

Regarding farming for items you can use a bonfire ascentic which respawns all enemies and puts that area connected to that bonfire into new game+ but that makes everything harder and it's a fair bit different to ng+ in the previous games so i have heard
Posted 10:29pm 25/4/14
I've found that making yourself available to be summoned to other peoples games is a good way to get souls, I've planted my summon sign just at the top of the elevator before the Last Giant, and I've been clocking up a few souls that way. In doing so, I've had some problems where it will get stuck on the loading screen when I've been summoned to someone else's game. Kinda sucks, I have to close the whole game and restart to get out of it.
Posted 07:46am 26/4/14
Yep that is probably the best and most fun way to get some souls if you are low
Posted 09:39am 26/4/14
Haha, walking into that Last Giant there was literally 50 summon signs just wanting to be touched. What is the limit for summoned players? I was in a party of three, but wasn't sure if you can have more.
Posted 09:42am 26/4/14
The Last Giant is easier by yourself imo. How have people gone against the pursuer?

Posted 10:27am 26/4/14
Ran across the Pursuer last night and thought that was quitting time. I came across him once on a roof in the forest of Giants, some giant crow dropped him there. He whomped my ass on both occasions.
Posted 10:48am 26/4/14
2 summons at one time max

eski that pursuer on top of the roof in the forest is a one time deal, you get one chance to beat him then and you get something special. if you go back he doesn't appear

his proper spot is later in the level guarding the entrance to the bastille, he is a c*** and stay well the f*** away from the blue sword attack
D-Sub
Posted 06:44pm 26/4/14
I've lost over 9000 souls (really) in that castle in the forest of giants or whatever and now s***'s starting to despawn. I think I'll end up re-rolling now that I've got a better grasp of the combat and to retain more of them this time. F***.
Posted 09:02pm 26/4/14
There is an item called a soul vessel that can be found in a chest in majula that you can take back to the bonfire keepers in things betwixt that will let you redistribute your soul levels
Posted 09:44pm 26/4/14
Just had a good session. Found an effigy which I used to turn myself human, summoned two helpers and they totally smashed the pursuer for me, I feel a bit dirty but Im glad that I can keep seeing new areas. Went up a fair few levels in the next area, but now I'm up to the trio boss and they seem pretty gnarly. Also need to find an ember for Macduff.
Posted 08:32am 27/4/14
I had trouble with pursuer and didn't want to blow an effigy on it so I went to tower of flame and took out the two bosses there, so easy.

Now I'm kitted up with a tower shield and heavy armour. Now I'm The Boss Pursuer!
Posted 08:55am 27/4/14
human effigy's aren't that hard to come by and they are dropped by some monsters, i wouldn't worry about hoarding that much especially if you have a few of them banked

you can always help someone do a boss and get your humanity back as well

i burned my entire stockpile of them trying to beat smelter demon and still haven't beat that c***, haha you guys think pursuer is hard
Posted 09:24am 27/4/14
That rat boss, holy crap. Had to spam magic and just run around trying not to die. The covenant is fun though, killing random who enter the den.
Posted 11:18am 27/4/14
Pursuer got b**** slapped.

I'm at lvl 50 I think, pure melee. Got my Tower shield and Flame Sword and starting to use Bluemoon Greatsword cause it hurts their poise.

Just recently lost 8000 souls to a trash mob when I wasn't concentrating and rushing back to my blood stain. fkn Doh.

Posted 11:40pm 27/4/14
F*****g invaders. Just lost 20000 souls at the top of Belfry Luna. I wandered in there not knowing what the place was and died at the top, only to discover that its apparently the place to be for PvP. Got invaded by two grey phantoms while making my way back for retrieval and lost the lot. I'm not even human ffs. Bunch of c****.

Isn't there some covenant dedicated to f*****g up invaders? I must join.

Awesome game though, just beat Old Dragonslayer with an invisible sliver of health remaining for the last half of the fight. I was screaming obscenities at the screen on victory achieved. Love that s***.
Posted 07:32am 28/4/14
that belfry area has a covenant you can join specifically to invade people that wander in to the 2 belfry areas in the game

the way of blue that you probably joined at the start of the game at the guy sitting next to the tower/spire thing in majula is the one that will summon blue sentinels to your game if you get invaded

or you can join the blue sentinels at the guy you come across after you beat ornstein (old dragon slayer) in that blue tower area - that allows you to be summoned to a way of blue persons game to defend them

not sure if it works on those areas that have covenant invasions though
Posted 07:36am 28/4/14
It's such a great way to bring multiplayer into what is essentially a single player game. Brilliant design imo.
Posted 07:44am 28/4/14
i'm into drangleic castle and still haven't been invaded :(

i'm keen to try my +10 lightning uchigitana on some invader ass
Posted 02:53pm 28/4/14
i'm into drangleic castle and still haven't been invaded :(

i'm keen to try my +10 lightning uchigitana on some invader ass

Really? I get constantly invaded in the Bell Tower, which is annoying because I need to complete that area for the Spoiler:
Lost Sinner
fight. Loving this game though, god its so addictive and just plain fun. Also the Drangelic armour is just too good, haven't found anything to replace it yet.
Posted 03:02pm 28/4/14
you don't need to play the bell tower for that fight, the belfry area is a completely optional section

i'd hazard a guess that that fight is above your pay grade at the moment anyway eorl
konstie
Posted 03:32pm 28/4/14
i have no idea what im doing and just getting killed. fun!

although i am going to plug in a controller for this game - keyboard was very annoying.
Posted 04:13pm 28/4/14

Haha probably, I'm having enough trouble with that dude and the gargoyles. I've wandered off to clear some previous areas, killed Ornestein and finally got a tower shield so things are much easier. Noped my way out of The Gutter though, that place is scary.
WirlWind
Posted 04:51pm 28/4/14
F*****g invaders. Just lost 20000 souls at the top of Belfry Luna.

I've got you beat. 50k lost to dogs while trying to find a bonfire in the bastille boat entrance.

For some reason I must have auto-pilot grabbed the first bonfire, but didn't realize it. I was searching for ages for the bonfire and died while exploring. It was late and I had been up since 4:30 that morning. My brain was like "dude, bro, you know you want to 2h against those dogs. They don't hit that hard... sucker" and then suddenly 3 of them raped me while I was on my way back to scrape up my remains ;_;

That was a really annoying moment.

Also, when they say the mobs vanish after like 10 kills, do they mean forever? Because I've noticed that (even next day) some mobs are missing! At this rate, I'm gonna have to level by spamming soapstones at bosses and twiddling my thumbs until I get a bite.

I was originally ok with it because I thought it was just for that session, but seems that farming is just something that can't be done now... Which f**** me, because now I'm 10 levels behind.
Posted 05:11pm 28/4/14
nope they are gone for the rest of the playthrough, unless you use a bonfire ascetic at the bonfire near the area - try it

Noped my way out of The Gutter though, that place is scary.

that place is absolutely well above your pay grade haha

you're not really meant to continue all the way to the lost sinner, you should have head over to the tower of flame before then
Posted 05:18pm 28/4/14
Mobs respawn 12 times. You have to use ascetic to bring them back (at NG+like levels).

I got the Covetous Silver Serpent Ring found in the Spoiler:
The Lost Bastille
. Extremely useful if you need more souls. It gives more souls when you kill stuff. Takes up a ring slot though and most of the rings in the game are awesome lol
WirlWind
Posted 07:06pm 28/4/14

That gives me some serious s****. I'm down 50k souls and can never get them back without trying to power through while under levelled and under geared -_-

If I'd known it was a permanent thing, I wouldn't have wasted a bunch of souls on s*** like vendor items to progress their stories etc.
Posted 07:30pm 28/4/14
that place is absolutely well above your pay grade haha

Already cleared there, include Blue Castle. I think my next stop is the Wharf. So far I've cleared Forest of Giants (for now, up to the King's Door), Bastille, Bell Tower, Rat Den, Tower of Flames, Blue Castle and I thinkkkk that is it. Really loving board and sword, though I'd love to find the gigantic sword, looks so awesome.
Posted 07:34pm 28/4/14

Welcome to Dark Souls, population: Pain.
Posted 08:56pm 28/4/14
Gah, trying to summon friends can be a bit fiddly. Wish you could do it via friends list like what Watch Dogs is doing, would be a bit nicer.
Posted 09:19pm 28/4/14
One does not simply invite friends in to Drangleic.
WirlWind
Posted 10:11am 29/4/14

Welcome to Dark Souls, population: Pain.

No, that should read:

"Welcome to Dark Souls 2. Population: Irrational decisions!"

What are you supposed to do while waiting for invasions or getting summoned in a certain area? I remember the long wait's in DS1 where I'd farm the silver knights and improve my parrying. What are you supposed to do while waiting now?
Posted 10:21am 29/4/14

You lost the game, Game Over. GAME OVER!

So start again, this time, do it right.
Posted 10:46am 29/4/14
You dance WirlWind, or write stupid troll messages like me.
Posted 10:53am 29/4/14
Seriously, the game isn't easy mode. You screw up enough to loose souls to the point of farming to exhaustion of your areas and still can't progress, you lost. Start again. It is the equivalent of running out of your 3 lives or whatever, except this game doesn't tell you that, it doesn't really tell you anything. No hand holding, start again.
WirlWind
Posted 10:57am 29/4/14
You dance WirlWind, or write stupid troll messages like me.

Illusory wall ahead!

At this point I don't even care about the losing of souls, I'll just be more careful.

I'm more annoyed that I won't be able to do stuff while waiting in end game pvp. Call me a scrub all you want, but DS2 end-game pvp for Aussies is literally going to be *stand around for 5 minutes doing nothing, get a summon, it doesn't go through, wait another 5 minutes doing nothing, get in a game and have the host alt F4, wait another 5 minutes doing nothing*.

That's pretty f*****g boring, at least farming s*** while waiting kept you concious.
Posted 11:10am 29/4/14
has anyone made it up to the doors of pharros section yet?
Posted 11:23am 29/4/14
has anyone made it up to the doors of pharros section yet?

No where near there yet. It seems I must now make my way down into The Gutter. I knew I'd have to face my fears one day, stupid darkness. Got 35 hours already in this, so much awesome and can't wait to do a second run through on new game and then new game+.
Posted 11:31am 29/4/14
nah don't go to the gutter, if you haven't been through doors of pharros then you don't need to go to the gutter yet

have you been to the huntsman's copse?? which leads to earthen peak / iron keep

basically all these different areas you can go to from majula lead to the 'old ones' you need to collect those souls before you can go to drangleic castle.

now you can collect those 4 souls in any order you choose, i would suggest leaving the gutter until you have the other 3
Posted 11:38am 29/4/14
Ah okay, I'll head down into there now instead. I presume access is from that chick who can rotate the door?
Posted 12:02pm 29/4/14
yep

have you claimed any of the old one's soul's yet?

my first one was lost sinner but i felt really under powered for the whole of the lost bastille and into sinners rise which is why i think you're not meant to progress straight on to that boss from first going into the forest of giants
Posted 12:15pm 29/4/14
I found myself cruising through lost bastille. I could 1-3 shot all the creatures, SWORD AND BOARD! I found a Tower Shield early on. Using Drangleic Sword at the moment, that sword is a beast. Big damage, good arcs, good speed. Looking forward to upgrading it.
Posted 12:33am 01/5/14
Jjust spent about 40 minutes helping people do the trio at the lost bastille. Got about 60K souls. Good times.

I had never really bothered with the MP side of the souls games up until now, but Im really getting into it this time round.
Posted 08:12am 01/5/14
you'll quickly realise losing 30 or 40k souls isn't that big a deal if you can just do some co-op and get them back, and you get humanity back as well
Posted 11:47am 01/5/14
I'm pretty sure that if I go and put all those souls into levelling I won't be able to get summoned outside the ruined sentinels any more, so I'm going to grind it a bit more to really put myself out in front. I don't find it feeling too grindy given that you know that you're helping each world master beat the boss for the first time. People get so pumped when they get victory achieved, at least I assume so from all the sun praising that goes on.

It feels good to easily and consistently beat a boss in a Souls game, I kinda don't want to go any further, this Smelter Demon you've been talking about sounds like a d***.

I spent some time in No Mans Wharf last night, and even though I'm a bit overlevelled for the area I'm still not enjoying it. Feels too much like Blighttown... ugh.
Posted 11:49am 01/5/14
The Smelter Demon is soooo much fun, kidding. I have died far too many times to that damn boss, both in my own and helping others. Finally beat him late last night and proceeded to praise the sun multiple times.
Posted 11:58am 01/5/14
i still haven't beat smelter yet and i'm way over levelled now to summon any external help

hopefully i am OP enough to just axe the c*** because boy did he f*** me up for ages before i just decided to skip him because i just wasn't getting anywhere when he puts that sword in the fire
Posted 12:02pm 01/5/14
I still only have one estus flask, it's taking all my resolve to not go and look up the shard locations in a wiki.

What level are you at pave?
Posted 12:08pm 01/5/14
i won't say too much but there is a flask in majula if you look properly..

soul level 94 think
Posted 01:12pm 01/5/14
Psh, get on my level 101 Pave :P
RuleofBooKz
Posted 01:20pm 01/5/14
ive got this game on my HDD but i haven't played it yet.

Gotta build up to it. Prepare.
Posted 01:35pm 01/5/14
Psh, get on my level 101 Pave :P

yeah but i've beaten all the old ones :p
Posted 01:54pm 01/5/14

yeah but i've beaten all the old ones :p

Yeah well, lava is hard to get past.

last edited by Eorl at 19:59:29 01/May/14
WirlWind
Posted 07:43am 02/5/14

Yeah, that's why I stopped caring about the inability to farm and instead focused on "what can we do while waiting to be summoned" side of it.

I'm running into it even now, where I'm waiting for a summon and slightly higher level than the boss and only getting a summon every 5 mins or so. I can't do anything in the mean time because everything is gone.
Posted 07:53am 02/5/14
:'(
Enska
Posted 07:41pm 03/5/14
You can negate massive amounts of the smelter demons fire sword damage by using a pharros stone and rolling in a pool of water, not telling where. figure it out :P
Posted 08:17pm 03/5/14
Still chipping away at this game. I've just smashed the super easy chariot boss with the horse. The horse ate my magic mace +5 right in the face! Well, more to its side, then its face.

Got s*** loads of that poison remove bush thing, from killing stupid butterflys. Makes this next area a breeze (so far).

Beefed my guys attributes up enough to cast a spell, 1 attunement slot (+1 with ring if I want) and 10 int for magic weapon spell. Might bump it up enough for a ranged attack.

Posted 09:05pm 03/5/14
Magic buffs on weapons are pretty popular and effective

yeah enska i might give that a go now that i have a surplus of lockstones
Posted 07:12pm 04/5/14
Haha this mist area is ridiculous. Can't see two feet in front of me and its spooky.
Posted 07:13pm 04/5/14
Is that the one with all the ghosts?
Posted 08:08pm 04/5/14
Yeah, just got lost and ran around a heap finding random chests and a headless dude. Great zone though, best atmosphere I've seen so far. Currently versing these stupid predator looking dudes that nearly three hit me.
Posted 09:13pm 04/5/14
yeah the invisible bandit dudes, it's a c***ish area

protip: don't kill the giant scorpion guy, he won't attack you

for those that want to know how to interact with him spoiler:

Spoiler:
go back to majula and buy the ring from the cat that lets you hear what enemies are thinking and you can talk to him - if you talk to him and don't kill him he will be NPC summon for the next boss and will give you something after
Enska
Posted 10:18pm 04/5/14
Just got my net back after moving, f*** I forgot how s*** it was not having it. looking forward to getting back into this and D3
Posted 02:02am 05/5/14
I got backstabbed by a ghost in that misty area, scared the s*** out of me.

Had a great session this arvo, I don't see why you said the Smelter Demon was so hard, I just Spoiler:
summoned two dudes and stood back while they killed it :P
Easy!

Still loving the game, I think it's my favourite so far in the series, although going in with a good idea of how to play and what to expect probably helps, I still remember being wtf @ demons souls. Been playing lots of MP. Beating invaders feels super satisfying, especially when you've summoned them.
Posted 11:30am 05/5/14
Door of Pharros is an annoying place, invaders are encouraged to just sit above and snipe you which is just boring. Least you could do is come and face me.

I might actually go back and finish Dark Souls now that I have the time, and understand the mechanics better. Also having the Gedosato tool to enhance the graphic quality.
Posted 11:38am 05/5/14
i mucked around in doors of pharros for a little while, it's pretty funny and sadistic if you go around and open up all the traps and start summoning people haha

i had enough fun just using the first big guy in the main area against people
Posted 12:01pm 05/5/14
Not sure why, but I kept getting summoned as a grey phantom when I was in Doors of Pharros. Then again, that's how I could describe most of my experience with this game - Not sure why, but .......
Posted 12:23pm 05/5/14

Yeah its one of two Rat Covenant zones. Unlike other PvP places like Bel Fray where people are summoned to you, the Rat zones will summon you to intruders. Once you defeat the boss in that zone you'll be able to start invading people that haven't yet defeated the boss. They are also the only zones that offer traps to kill intruders which can be hilariously fun.
Posted 12:40am 06/5/14
So after killing the Old Iron King I've gone and checked out the Doors of Pharros. That place seems kind of crazy, so I've left it for the time being. Right now I've only got two great souls Spoiler:
Lost Sinner and Old Iron King
, suggestions on where to go next?

Also,I've got 17 tokens of fidelity, 4 sunlight medals, 0 tokens of spite, what is everyone elses count?
Posted 08:05am 06/5/14
eski:

Spoiler:
go back to the bonefire outside of doors of pharros go head back away from doors of pharros and kill the mastodon warriorm you will see in that room where the other guy comes from down the stairs, go up those stairs that leads to another old one soul

or go from majula go to the door where you head to heides tower of flame and the woman that sells miracles should be there to flip the door and let you in to huntsmans copse

Posted 12:20pm 06/5/14
Cool, thanks pave
Posted 03:30pm 06/5/14
Shrine of Amana is a pretty place. Even though this was developed for PC/last-gen, I've been stumbling across a heap of really jaw dropping landscapes on my travels which is just awesome. Can't wait to finish and start my second run through.
Posted 01:24pm 09/5/14
The dragon airie was pretty spectacular as well.

Just finished the game, beat Nashandra on the first attempt :/ She's no Gywn, that's for sure.

Starting NG+, pretty hilarious getting falconers in your face straight off the bat.
You must be logged in to post a comment. Log in now!