Cam Lee Inquisition
Dragon Age: Inquisition producer Cameron Lee has become a fixture here at AusGamers. The Aussie ex-pat took tie out of his Gamescom duties to chat with us again. Check it out!
Wrestling Time
We take a look at 2K Games' latest WWE contender and find out just what the game has in store for fans of the wrestling series. Click here for our full preview!
Resident Evil Within
The Evil Within is creeping up just around the release corner, so we decided to take a look back at Shinji Mikami's incredible Resident Evil 4. Click here for more!
handsome devil
We took the five winged, five week challenge with Hearthstone's first campaign and walked away less deathrattled than you might think. Read on for more!
Post by Steve Farrelly @ 04:28pm 24/04/14 | 6 Comments
It might seem like a "duh" headline or comment, but in the world of Triple-A development, this sort of transparency is very rare.

"The game wasn’t finished. We thought we could [release], we were working really hard and pushing and doing a lot of hours, then at some point we had to make bad decisions," reveals Watch_Dogs lead game designer Danny Belanger. "If [we] wanted to ship this thing we had to kind of cut corners, not finish something properly. And I mean there’s a lot of expectation. We didn’t want to ship something that wasn’t finished."

If you've read our recent hands-on preview, you'll know that the delays look to have been worth it. The full interview with Danny also covers off more on multiplayer and the connected world as well as the team aiming for a 50/50 split between the campaign and side-missions.

Click here for our full Watch_Dogs interview with Danny Belanger.

Buy now from Green Man Gaming for only GBP£44.99 (USD$74.95 on Steam)!

fpot
Posted 04:31pm 24/4/14
Did you play the game at all? Is there some sort of gameplay mechanic that compels you to walk everywhere, or are the preview videos I've seen just been like that because it looks cool?
Mosfx
Posted 05:00pm 24/4/14
I'm keen for this game definitely on my Xbone to buy list, but I'll wait for reviews before I rush out I've been burnt many atimes by publishers egging on their game and it fails to meet what they promised.

I never have time to walk and checkout every little detail, I play the story and side missions if they are rewarding enough, if they are stupid like finding pigeons just to get an achievement and don't add any actual benefit I normally just complete story.
ph33x
Posted 06:09pm 24/4/14

This.
Naren
Posted 07:15am 25/4/14
I played the game. It's a mixture of main missions, side missions (hacking the NPCs, which will be in all different areas, for info and items) and Ubi's map reveal system, which is similar to other games of theirs in that you have to hack a tower, that will encourage a player to explore.
Rominion
Posted 09:04am 25/4/14
I hate forced exploration, i should want to explore due to interesting things not make it part of the damn game :(
koopz
Posted 06:42pm 28/4/14
god - I feel like I just walked into Harvey Norman...
Nickname
Email Address

If you already have an account, please login here

You need an account to participate on AusGamers.

This form will quickly create one for you - you will just need to confirm your email address by clicking on a link in an email that will get sent to you.

Your comments will be published once your email address has been confirmed.