beware your nemesis
Blizzard spoke with us recently about what separates the Diablo III: Reaper of Souls Ultimate Evil Edition experience over the PC and spoke about platform differences. Click here!
inquiring minds
We chat with friend of the site Cameron Lee about Dragon Age Inquisition's endgame content, theorycrafting, tactical play and much more. Click here for our interview!
welcome to you're doom
AusGamers got a 15-minute live sneak-peek at the totally reimagined Doom at this year's QuakeCon. Read our in-depth first-look impressions right here!
highway to the danger zone
We caught up with The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt's game director, Konrad Tomaszkiewicz, to talk all things Witcher, monsters and open-world! Click here!
Post by Steve Farrelly @ 04:28pm 24/04/14 | 6 Comments
It might seem like a "duh" headline or comment, but in the world of Triple-A development, this sort of transparency is very rare.

"The game wasn’t finished. We thought we could [release], we were working really hard and pushing and doing a lot of hours, then at some point we had to make bad decisions," reveals Watch_Dogs lead game designer Danny Belanger. "If [we] wanted to ship this thing we had to kind of cut corners, not finish something properly. And I mean there’s a lot of expectation. We didn’t want to ship something that wasn’t finished."

If you've read our recent hands-on preview, you'll know that the delays look to have been worth it. The full interview with Danny also covers off more on multiplayer and the connected world as well as the team aiming for a 50/50 split between the campaign and side-missions.

Click here for our full Watch_Dogs interview with Danny Belanger.

Buy now from Green Man Gaming for only GBP£44.99 (USD$74.95 on Steam)!

fpot
Posted 04:31pm 24/4/14
Did you play the game at all? Is there some sort of gameplay mechanic that compels you to walk everywhere, or are the preview videos I've seen just been like that because it looks cool?
Mosfx
Posted 05:00pm 24/4/14
I'm keen for this game definitely on my Xbone to buy list, but I'll wait for reviews before I rush out I've been burnt many atimes by publishers egging on their game and it fails to meet what they promised.

I never have time to walk and checkout every little detail, I play the story and side missions if they are rewarding enough, if they are stupid like finding pigeons just to get an achievement and don't add any actual benefit I normally just complete story.
ph33x
Posted 06:09pm 24/4/14

This.
Naren
Posted 07:15am 25/4/14
I played the game. It's a mixture of main missions, side missions (hacking the NPCs, which will be in all different areas, for info and items) and Ubi's map reveal system, which is similar to other games of theirs in that you have to hack a tower, that will encourage a player to explore.
Rominion
Posted 09:04am 25/4/14
I hate forced exploration, i should want to explore due to interesting things not make it part of the damn game :(
koopz
Posted 06:42pm 28/4/14
god - I feel like I just walked into Harvey Norman...
You must be logged in to post a comment. Log in now!