Cam Lee Inquisition
Dragon Age: Inquisition producer Cameron Lee has become a fixture here at AusGamers. The Aussie ex-pat took tie out of his Gamescom duties to chat with us again. Check it out!
couch slayer
Diablo 3: Reaper of Souls Ultimate Evil Edition is now upon us, but it might as well be called "definitive edition". Read our review to find out why - click here!
Resident Evil Within
The Evil Within is creeping up just around the release corner, so we decided to take a look back at Shinji Mikami's incredible Resident Evil 4. Click here for more!
fella!
Wrapping up a tour in Australia and with Summerslam dominating August, we had a chance to chat with the Great White himself, Sheamus! Check it out right here!
Post by Eorl @ 09:36am 17/04/14 | 7 Comments
Sony has announced that over 7 million PlayStation 4 units have been sold since the console first launched on November 15, 2013. In regards to Software sales, the PlayStation 4 is beyond 20.5 million units, putting the average attach rate at almost three games per console owner.
On behalf of the entire global team at PlayStation, I want to thank you for your unprecedented support and for making PS4 your next-generation console of choice. We couldn’t have done this without you! And please keep the feedback coming: we are listening.
The news comes ahead of the March NPD report, which is expected to include the likes of Titanfall, inFamous: Second Son (which has since sold 1 million copies), Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes, Diablo 3: Reaper of Souls and Dark Souls 2. Earlier in March Sony revealed that the PlayStation 4 had surpassed 6 million consoles sold through, making it the fastest selling next-gen console since launch on November 15th for America and November 22nd for Australia.

"On that note, we’ll have some great new details to share with you regarding our upcoming PS4 system software update very soon. Stay tuned!"

tvcars
Posted 06:09am 18/4/14
How well would it be selling if there was something good to play on it.
Nukleuz
Posted 11:35am 18/4/14
@tvcars seems to be a generalisation shared across the board. Not a fault of the consoles, more the fact that there's still so many great games on the previous generations systems.

I doubt it'll be a surprise to you but the same could be said for when the Xbox 360 and PS3 were first released. There weren't a whole lot of reasons to be early adopters unless you wanted a PS2 in a PS3 since it had backward compatibility.

I've happily stuck with my PS3 and Steam collection of games. Don't really see any reason to upgrade just yet although if they do a nice bundle for the remaster of The Last of Us, it'll be an entry point for me. I had intended on purchasing the PS3 version but will probably end up skipping it now.
Tollaz0r!
Posted 06:39pm 18/4/14
Give it time, when the PS4 comes down to a reasonable price, I'll maybe buy one then. Then again, I could just buy the Oculus Book by that time.
E.T.
Posted 06:48pm 18/4/14
I got my PS4 on Qantas FF points :p Runs like a champ but I haven't purchased a single game for it yet. I have 4 installed thanks to PlayStation Plus though
trog
Posted 01:18am 19/4/14
Pretty sure this has been a complaint for every new generation of every console platform since they existed. There's a few average launch titles but the killer apps don't turn up for a while.

On one hand, it's sort of a weird thing to complain about, considering that device is going to be sitting under your TV for what, 5-6 years at the very least. On the other hand, if there are no great games at launch, why would people buy it?! But I like early adopters, because they help bring the price down for everyone else later, so the less hip of us can get the same thing for much cheaper :)
Basket
Posted 06:25am 19/4/14
Honestly with how cheap ps3's are atm, $199 for a 12gb console, I'm debating picking one up just to play the games I've always wanted to play, Uncharted series, God of war, The last of us etc.

SINCE YOU KNOW THEY DIDN'T MAKE THE PS4 REVERSE COMPATIBLE WITH THE PS3 GAMES.
Tollaz0r!
Posted 07:41am 19/4/14

SINCE YOU KNOW THEY DIDN'T MAKE THE PS4 REVERSE COMPATIBLE WITH THE PS3 GAMES.

For this reason:

Plus, presumably it makes it way more expensive to produce a PS4 with PS3 compatibility.

Nickname
Email Address

If you already have an account, please login here

You need an account to participate on AusGamers.

This form will quickly create one for you - you will just need to confirm your email address by clicking on a link in an email that will get sent to you.

Your comments will be published once your email address has been confirmed.