beware your nemesis
Blizzard spoke with us recently about what separates the Diablo III: Reaper of Souls Ultimate Evil Edition experience over the PC and spoke about platform differences. Click here!
inquiring minds
We chat with friend of the site Cameron Lee about Dragon Age Inquisition's endgame content, theorycrafting, tactical play and much more. Click here for our interview!
welcome to you're doom
AusGamers got a 15-minute live sneak-peek at the totally reimagined Doom at this year's QuakeCon. Read our in-depth first-look impressions right here!
highway to the danger zone
We caught up with The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt's game director, Konrad Tomaszkiewicz, to talk all things Witcher, monsters and open-world! Click here!
Post by Eorl @ 06:03pm 28/03/14 | 7 Comments
Marking the third title in the inFamous series, Sucker Punch's Second Son delivers on what many have been hoping to see since the original announcement of the PlayStation 4: true next-gen power. Bringing together quite remarkable graphical capabilities with an interesting setlist of powers, Second Son hopes to show off just what Sucker Punch is able to do with the PlayStation 4 tech.

To help review the PlayStation 4 exclusive title is our own Nathan Lawrence, who is well adept with the powers of a conduit.
It took me around 10 hours to knock over the main quest on a mostly undistracted play-through (with quite a few deaths), and I fully intend on sinking more hours into the beautifully rendered semi-futuristic world of Seattle. Despite the neat ending afforded by the epilogue, here’s to hoping Sucker Punch will give Delsin a sequel that addresses some of the detractors of Second Son and builds on the awesome foundation it’s laid down for the future of the series.
Find out all the intricate details in the full inFamous: Second Son review.

Posted 06:39pm 28/3/14
I don't hate the main character as much I expected to either, from what I'd seen of him in trailers. Even though, hes still a bit of a douche. I'm not very far in yet though, maybe he becomes less douchey.
nachosjustice
Posted 06:44pm 28/3/14
I'm with you, Khel. Totally thought he was a douche in the trailers, but he grew on me really fast in Second Son. He has some cheesy lines, but Baker nails them.
Eorl
Posted 06:50pm 28/3/14
Same, initially saw the character design and instantly thought he'd be a hipster douche, but by the end he definitely turned around. Loving the game, its so damn gorgeous and the powers are pretty awesome especially Neon for that fast running.

Only qualms are the side missions are repetitive, enemies are as well and the environment doesn't really gain any impact as you go along besides the second island's mass stone structures. I was hoping that the town would start to change dependant on your moral choice but it seems like its purely for narrative/power unlocks.
GamerGuy
Posted 02:40am 29/3/14
I didn't mind the sray painting haha.
koopz
Posted 02:59am 29/3/14
I miscalculated you Eorl...

I guess I was just wrong
pejamas
Posted 02:24pm 29/3/14
I just finished the game, the spray painting was a bit annoying only as I'm in a brace atm after shoulder surgery, that aside I loved the game and it's been a long time since I've played a game flat out till 5 am in the morning! The infamous pathway took me on a feels trip towards the end as well.
Zeafer79
Posted 10:36pm 10/4/14
I bought a PS3 late in it's cycle, specifically to play the PS exclusives I didn't get on my other consoles or PC. The Infamous trailer (way back at PS3 launch) almost tipped me down the PS path back then, but I couldn't get over the dual-shock stick positions. About 18 months ago, I finally picked one up, along with Infamous. Played it through both moral journeys and loved it. From a (near) launch title to a swan-song, Infamous II didn't disappoint (the opening 5 mins are still a graphical feast).

Due mainly to Infamous, I invested in a PS4 on day 1 - my first day 1 console. To be honest, BF4 has chewed plenty of hours, but the push-back of many release dates and the lack of a decent library has been PS4's biggest issue to date. After a seemingly endless wait ... Infamous Second Son did not disappoint. As a series fan, this was both familiar and impressively new. A visual feast with awesome new powers and an InFamous storyline/morality that makes it stand above the rest.

Here's hoping SP bring back the "user-generated" content... which they then add to extensively in-house (basically free DLC for InFamous 2). The online detective tie-in was pretty cool though... I liked hacking into a dead PI's files and the integration with in-game activity was some of the best I've seen.

9/10 for me. As much as I'd like another Infamous to be the PS4 swan-song... I'm hoping thats 5 or 6 in the series so we get more along the way.
Nickname
Email Address

If you already have an account, please login here

You need an account to participate on AusGamers.

This form will quickly create one for you - you will just need to confirm your email address by clicking on a link in an email that will get sent to you.

Your comments will be published once your email address has been confirmed.