Cam Lee Inquisition
Dragon Age: Inquisition producer Cameron Lee has become a fixture here at AusGamers. The Aussie ex-pat took tie out of his Gamescom duties to chat with us again. Check it out!
Wrestling Time
We take a look at 2K Games' latest WWE contender and find out just what the game has in store for fans of the wrestling series. Click here for our full preview!
Resident Evil Within
The Evil Within is creeping up just around the release corner, so we decided to take a look back at Shinji Mikami's incredible Resident Evil 4. Click here for more!
handsome devil
We took the five winged, five week challenge with Hearthstone's first campaign and walked away less deathrattled than you might think. Read on for more!
Post by Eorl @ 10:07am 13/03/14 | 15 Comments
After an extensive and long-winded beta period, Carbine Studios has today finally revealed that their sci-fi action MMO WildStar will be hitting digital shelves come June 3rd. As part of the announcement the team has also lifted that pesky NDA, now allowing any and all discussion so keep your eyes peeled for our impressions soon enough.

Pre-ordering for the MMO won't be open until next week sadly, but for those who do end up putting their money down ahead of the launch will be treated with a variety of in-game bonuses. These include an exclusive rocket house (yes, a rocket house), a housing trophy, an in-game title "Chosen of the Progenitors", access to all upcoming beta weekends before launch and a 3-day head start.

Both the standard edition and the digital deluxe edition will gain access to these pre-orders, though the deluxe edition will gain a handful of further bonuses including an Eldan-themed hoverboard. Check out the trailer below to see it all in action, and find the pre-order page over here.

In related WildStar news, Winter Beta Patch 4 has now gone live, and you can check out the very extensive list of patch notes over here thanks to Hidden Arena.

glynd
Posted 10:17am 13/3/14
Bizarre that Australia isn't on the list of "pre-order"

Also, pretty smart. They were probably waiting to see when Blizzard put an ETA on WoD and put it a few months before then.
Eorl
Posted 10:24am 13/3/14
According to the forums they are working on getting retailers sorted, apparently Canada is in the same position.
Posted 12:07pm 13/3/14
So keen! But the announcement seems a bit premature, given the timing I'm assuming they just wanted to make some sort of announcement to compete with the WoD hype. Still no info on whether it'll be subscription based or not though, and no info on any kind of collector's editions. I want my swag damnit!
Eorl
Posted 12:13pm 13/3/14
Its been confirmed subscription based for awhile Khel, and even has a EVE style CRED system for those who earn huge amounts of in-game gold. And they confirmed no collector's edition, but a very limited steelbox edition in the US.
glynd
Posted 12:19pm 13/3/14

didn't they already sort that out?

$15 a month

There's also the CREDD currency:

Use real life money to buy CREDD -> Sell on Auction House -> Get in game gold

or

Spend in game gold -> Buy CREDD off Auction House -> Use CREDD for game time.
ravn0s
Posted 12:25pm 13/3/14
tried the beta last weekend. couldn't get into it.
Posted 12:25pm 13/3/14
Oh, wow, must have missed that
Fuzzy
Posted 03:27pm 13/3/14
Been pretty damn hyped for this game. Haven't been able to play any of the beta weekends but from watching livestreams, talking to those in beta, etc, I haven't had one reason not to want this game.

Even the artstyle, which was probably the only thing I wasn't too thrilled about has grown on me.

Now we have a launch date, and it's after I get a new rig
Enska
Posted 06:07pm 13/3/14
Yeah I'm hanging out for some beta access but no dice so far :(
Posted 06:27pm 13/3/14
Yeah, at first I wasn't sure about the art style either, but once you get through the kind of tutorial bits and down to the planet itself, the game does look pretty amazing. And the exaggerated style gives the NPCs and player models SO much more character, I mean animations are a large part of that too, but its just so much more interesting to look at and so much more fun. I mean, I made a space zombie with metal dreadlocks, how can you not love that.
glynd
Posted 10:39pm 13/3/14
The only thing I struggle with is the UI but I'm sure there will be custom UI support so no problem there.
Posted 12:04am 14/3/14
Theres a new UI they're working on anyway, it wasn't in this latest patch, but theres some screenshots of it floating around, and its been in some of the streams of their internal builds and stuff, its way better.

But yeah, its got a fully scriptable UI using LUA, same way WoW does. I even noticed tonight when I fired it up the Curse client supports Wildstar addons already
Basket
Posted 03:41am 14/3/14
More worried about the latency, It would be a huge killer in this game especially since this game is far more dependent on reaction time than, Well really other mmo...

Still pre-ordering and will most likely just be forced to tunnel in the hopes they eventually do look into getting an oceanic BASED server, I think this game could seriously be huge IMO.
Rominion
Posted 07:34am 14/3/14
Ive played ever beta so far, and like mmo's if you are just running solo its boring as f***, if you are running with a group of friends its freaking awesome. Easily one the best mmo's ive played. Reminds me of the excitement i had when guildwars2 launched.
Posted 12:17pm 14/3/14

Nah, its fine, its not like you have to react to split-second events or anything, its basically just moving out of stuff on the ground and timing interupts, which people have been managing to do in MMOs for yeeeeeeeeears with 200ms+ pings, plus you've got a sprint and a dash. Granted the stuff you have to move out of is way crazier and more complex than usual, but its still fine on our ping. PvP might be a different matter, I haven't really tried that yet
Nickname
Email Address

If you already have an account, please login here

You need an account to participate on AusGamers.

This form will quickly create one for you - you will just need to confirm your email address by clicking on a link in an email that will get sent to you.

Your comments will be published once your email address has been confirmed.