shark week, all week
Depth is one of the best games you may have never heard of, and we've gone hands-on with it and had a chance to chat to the team behind it. Check out both features!
inquiring minds
We chat with friend of the site Cameron Lee about Dragon Age Inquisition's endgame content, theorycrafting, tactical play and much more. Click here for our interview!
welcome to you're doom
AusGamers got a 15-minute live sneak-peek at the totally reimagined Doom at this year's QuakeCon. Read our in-depth first-look impressions right here!
highway to the danger zone
We caught up with The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt's game director, Konrad Tomaszkiewicz, to talk all things Witcher, monsters and open-world! Click here!
Post by Eorl @ 10:14am 11/03/14 | 22 Comments
Blizzard has today announced that their next expansion in the mammoth of an MMO World of Warcraft is now available for pre-purchasing, with the standard edition available at $54.95 and the digital collector's edition at $74.95. Both versions include the free level 90 boost, which can be used ahead of the expansions launch.
“We’re sending players deep into uncharted territory with Warlords of Draenor,” said Mike Morhaime, CEO and cofounder of Blizzard Entertainment. “New features like the Garrison will give players a commanding role in the Warcraft saga like never before, and everyone can get in on the action right away with the included level-90 boost. There’s never been a better time to go to war for the Horde or the Alliance.”
Australian goers will also be welcomed by the new AUD currency support, which is now available across all Blizzard products including World of Warcraft's micro-transactions.

Blizzard has yet to announce a solid release date for the fifth expansion, though according to the pre-order page you can expect Warlords of Draenor out sometime during Spring 2014. Those who go through with their purchase are being greeted by a promised release date of before 20/12/2014. Previous World of Warcraft expansions have seen a release date sometime during the September - November period.

The fifth expansion to Blizzard Entertainment’s acclaimed massively multiplayer online role-playing game leads players to the untamed world of Draenor, where the orc warchief Grommash Hellscream is forging his twisted Iron Horde into a world-shattering weapon of conquest. Faced with seemingly insurmountable odds, the champions of the Horde and the Alliance must establish a base of operations on Draenor and seek out courageous allies to make a stand against Hellscream’s mighty war machine. Check out the pre-order trailer below (thanks Khel).

Zapo
Posted 10:23am 11/3/14
You have to hand it to Blizzard, they do seem to know what they're doing with the whole WOW thing. Expansion is probably 4-6 months away, so they give everyone who pre-orders a 90 boost, which means some people are likely to resub and play their recently boosted 90 for a month or two.

Clever clever.
Posted 11:22am 11/3/14
Exactly the same contents in the physical collectors edition as the past few expansions, kind of disappointing :( Sure, the art books are always really high quality, but it'd be nice if they did something different besides the same book + soundtrack + dvd + mouse pad combo.

Also, pre-order trailer thing

Hogfather
Posted 12:29pm 11/3/14

Yeh the wow CEs have become a bit weak. The D3V had the diablo skull thing and usb stick with the d2 game, which was a thing at least. RoS expac just has usual s***.

I buy these f*****g things because I started and I have them all and I can't stop >
Creepy
Posted 01:04pm 11/3/14

*raises hand*
Taipan
Posted 10:07pm 11/3/14
Hasn't blizzard started work on their new mmo? For some reason I thought I had heard that they were looking for a later 2015 release date on that, anyone have any insight into that?
Posted 10:30pm 11/3/14

They weren't happy with how it was turning out, so they pretty much scrapped it and went back to the drawing board and shifted a lot of the resources back over to WoW.

BladeRunner
Posted 12:20am 12/3/14
I feel like I need an mmo to play but I still don't want to go back.......well I kinda do. If I got a few character boosts for free I would. I am not sure what level my characters I had left are. 80 I think.
Jeffro
Posted 01:17am 12/3/14
Played WoW for years on Thaurissan, Frostmourne and Dath'Remar but stopped playing in Mists of Pandaria. The whole panda thing lost me. This new expansion may bring me back if the reviews are good but atm I'm more interested in Elder Scrolls Online. Playing the beta and loving it.
Posted 01:33am 12/3/14
atm I'm more interested in Elder Scrolls Online

If you had said Wildstar, I'd be on your side, but Elder Scrolls Online? B****, please.
Jeffro
Posted 01:52am 12/3/14
I'm more of a Skyrim, Fallout guy. Never got into Guild Wars soz. Bethesda/Zenimax are decent devs don't know how anyone can diss them.
Mosfx
Posted 07:32am 12/3/14
I resubbed playing on Saurfang again which I think it your server Khel?
Posted 11:23am 12/3/14
Yup thats my server, I think I have you on real id? Cos I saw someone on Saurfang last night that I didn't recognise and couldn't remember who it was hehe

Bethesda/Zenimax are decent devs don't know how anyone can diss them.

Nah, I'm not dissing them, I loved Skyrim and Fallout too, but I found ESO to be pretty average at best. If it was F2P I'd probably grab it and go through it just for the story hooks, but the game itself was a bit disappointing.
Tanaka Khan
Posted 11:52am 12/3/14
but the game itself was a bit disappointing.

You're going to condemn a game based on the beta? At least wait for it's release and try it before you hate it.
Taipan
Posted 03:17pm 12/3/14
Thanks khel

A little disappointed to hear that :(
existence
Posted 04:20pm 12/3/14
holy nostalgia the stormwind music at the start of that movie.. wow vanilla, the glory days... f*** that was epic gaming.
Mosfx
Posted 04:48pm 12/3/14
So if I were to pre-order this xpac I'll get a free boost to 90 of a class of my choosing, what kind of gear etc does it come with tempted to do a warrior for PVP to get into it now
Hogfather
Posted 04:55pm 12/3/14
dont join khel's guild its s*** nobody gave me loot or offered to pl or cyber me or ANYTHING
Posted 05:00pm 12/3/14
You could have come to a flex raid if you played for more than like 2 weeks :p

And thats lies, I offered to cyber you all the time

And we run a weekly lottery now where you could win thousands of golds. THOUSANDS. What more do you want?!?
glynd
Posted 05:07pm 12/3/14
Yeah I joined your guild a few months ago but just couldn't bring myself to level to 90 from scratch while I had another 3 toons on 90 already on another server haha. I'll definitely pop the free 90 on saurfang though. Pretty much none of my mates play any more on Jubeithos
Hogfather
Posted 05:29pm 12/3/14
You could have come to a flex raid if you played for more than like 2 weeks :p

Showed up at Flex nights a couple times after I got 90 and they aborted due to lack of key roles :(

WTF I dont remember any cyber offers. Maybe I blocked yours out as some sort of psychological defense mechanism?
Posted 05:56pm 12/3/14

I put on my robe and wizard hat...

But yeah, there was a bit of a lull in the flexes for a bit, kind of in between when nobody needed them on their mains but were still too busy to do them on alts. They run pretty regularly now though, with people bringing alts and stuff, if anyones keen
Net
Posted 07:11pm 12/3/14

So your character gets boosted to 90, and you also choose a spec, so for Warrior that'd be Arms, Fury or Protection I think.
Depending on your spec, you're given appropriate ilvl 483 gear suited for PvE - good enough to do some of the raids but not quite enough for Siege of Orgrimmar.

You're also teleported straight to the Timeless Isle, where you'll easily acquire some ilvl 496 PvE epic gear from running around doing the quests. Watch out for the elite mobs!

If your character is at least level 60, their primary and secondary professions are also boosted to 600/600, and you're given 600 in First Aid.

I'm on Barthilas (Oceanic PvP) and I'm happy to help people get back on their feet.
Nickname
Email Address

If you already have an account, please login here

You need an account to participate on AusGamers.

This form will quickly create one for you - you will just need to confirm your email address by clicking on a link in an email that will get sent to you.

Your comments will be published once your email address has been confirmed.