Cam Lee Inquisition
Dragon Age: Inquisition producer Cameron Lee has become a fixture here at AusGamers. The Aussie ex-pat took tie out of his Gamescom duties to chat with us again. Check it out!
couch slayer
Diablo 3: Reaper of Souls Ultimate Evil Edition is now upon us, but it might as well be called "definitive edition". Read our review to find out why - click here!
Resident Evil Within
The Evil Within is creeping up just around the release corner, so we decided to take a look back at Shinji Mikami's incredible Resident Evil 4. Click here for more!
fella!
Wrapping up a tour in Australia and with Summerslam dominating August, we had a chance to chat with the Great White himself, Sheamus! Check it out right here!
Post by Dan @ 11:01am 07/03/14 | 16 Comments
Screen Gems, a Sony Pictures subsidiary is developing a live action film based on the acclaimed PlayStation 3 exclusive videogame The Last of Us.

Ghost House Pictures, the production company founded by decorated filmmaker Sam Raimi, is attached to the project with Raimi to produce along with game developer Naughty Dog's co-preisdents Evan Wells and Christophe Balestra and game director Bruce Straley, but perhaps even more promising is that Naughty Dog's Neil Druckmann, the game's creative director has been signed on to pen the movie's script (via Polygon):
"Screen Gems' Brian Dukes and Eric Ling brought this game to my attention insisting we go after it, and when I saw the quality of the storytelling, I knew the audience for this project was far greater than just the gaming community and that Neil Druckmann must write the screenplay," Screen Gems President Clint Culpepper said in a release. "I am thrilled that SCEA's Riley Russell was able to get me in front of Neil and Evan Wells to plead my case. Sam and his team at Ghost House round out the perfect team to help realize Neil's vision."

"Our partnership with Sam Raimi, Ghost House Pictures, and Screen Gems to develop a film based on The Last of Us universe is a perfect fit," said Evan Wells, Naughty Dog co-president. "Since our game released last June, we've talked with many companies about making a film, but we couldn't have found better partners who share our creative vision and high standards. We look forward to collaborating with Sam, his team, and Screen Gems, to make a movie that will thrill fans of The Last of Us and general audiences worldwide."
This just might work!

ctd
Posted 11:14am 07/3/14
Easily my favourite PS3 game. Got into this story more than any game ever. Would be keen to see a movie take on it.
greazy
Posted 11:36am 07/3/14
Anyone got a copy they want to sell? New housemate has a PS3 :D
ravn0s
Posted 11:42am 07/3/14
I guess this means the uncharted movie has been shelved.

I'm not sure what to think. I sort of want to see a movie, but a part of me also doesn't want them to do it.
cherocha
Posted 12:00pm 07/3/14
Almost want to get a PS3 just for this game. Sucks that PC gamers have to miss out on what is supposed to be an amazing game...
RuleofBooKz
Posted 05:16pm 07/3/14
Stockholm syndrome
trog
Posted 06:00pm 07/3/14
Will I be able to watch the movie if I only have a PC?
glynd
Posted 06:44pm 07/3/14

I bought a PS3 purely for Last of Us and if I didn't play another PS3 game on it, it still would have been worth it. Quite easily in my top 3 games of last gen, most likely favourite.

This game deserves a proper film treatment but it'll end up getting the Resident Evil treatment. Enjoyable films but absolutely nothing like the original game.
Whoop
Posted 06:44pm 07/3/14
Will I be able to watch the movie if I only have a PC?

Only if you install the proprietary Sony(R) DRM activation software and allow it to upload the entire contents of your hard drive in order to ensure a feature rich experience.
ravn0s
Posted 08:11pm 07/3/14

neil druckmann was the writer and director for the game. hopefully the story wont get butchered since he's writing the screenplay.

also, if anyone is interested, the making of the last of us doco was uploaded to youtube.

last edited by trog at 11:49:06 08/Mar/14
BladeRunner
Posted 02:25am 08/3/14

I ordered a cheap copy last week from ozgameshop, my version is one that was apart of a bundle. Link http://www.ozgameshop.com/ps3-games/the-last-of-us-game-bundle-copy-ps3

It was one of the cheapest ones I could find and I don't mind waiting. It should be here this week sometime.

Viper119
Posted 03:09am 08/3/14
Sam Raimi is a pretty good director, of Evil Dead trilogy and Drag me to Hell fame.

And with the game's creative writer/director writing the screenplay plus having creative input, I'm cautiously optimistic this will turn out good.
Newgo
Posted 04:35pm 09/3/14
so cast. im thinking gerard butler (Gamer, 300 etc) and Ellen Page (Juno, Inception etc).

thats basically who i pictured while playing the game.
Viper119
Posted 09:36pm 09/3/14
Haha, I immediately thought they should cast Ellen Page, and thought she'd been involved in the game just based off the likeness.
ravn0s
Posted 11:42pm 09/3/14
she looks closer to ashley johnson than ellen page after the redesign.
Mosfx
Posted 09:56am 10/3/14
I bought a PS3 just for this game.

Gumtree.com.au = win

PS3 12gb (i know meh)
2x Controllers
Cod BO2
The Last of Us
Sonic Racing
Little Big Planet 2
Ratchet & Clank Trilogy

Only played Last of Us and that was it, I still haven't finished it yet..
Nickname
Email Address

If you already have an account, please login here

You need an account to participate on AusGamers.

This form will quickly create one for you - you will just need to confirm your email address by clicking on a link in an email that will get sent to you.

Your comments will be published once your email address has been confirmed.