Cam Lee Inquisition
Dragon Age: Inquisition producer Cameron Lee has become a fixture here at AusGamers. The Aussie ex-pat took tie out of his Gamescom duties to chat with us again. Check it out!
Wrestling Time
We take a look at 2K Games' latest WWE contender and find out just what the game has in store for fans of the wrestling series. Click here for our full preview!
Resident Evil Within
The Evil Within is creeping up just around the release corner, so we decided to take a look back at Shinji Mikami's incredible Resident Evil 4. Click here for more!
fella!
Wrapping up a tour in Australia and with Summerslam dominating August, we had a chance to chat with the Great White himself, Sheamus! Check it out right here!
Post by Eorl @ 12:09pm 01/03/14 | 14 Comments
DICE has unveiled a handful of new screenshots for their upcoming Naval Strike expansion, which is set to reintroduce the fan favourite 'Titan Mode' from Battlefield 2142, though this time by the name of Carrier Assault.

The new expansion is also set to introduce four new multiplayer maps, each revolving around the dynamic ocean combat that Battlefield 4 introduced to the series. Blow open a crashed passenger plane and capture fishing villages across the tropical Lost Islands. Drop a submarine on your foes as you infiltrate a naval base or rush between shipping docks and rocky islands on the massive Wave Breaker map. Wage war across stormy seas in the largest ocean stretch in a Battlefield map yet with Nansha Strike. Storm an abandoned cliff-side resort, or get lost in the breathtaking vistas in Operation Mortar.

It isn't a Battlefield game with more vehicles either, and this expansion is set to introduce a new amphibious hovercraft to ensure the fight can be taken to the water. Further information on the Carrier Assault mode is said to be coming soon enough, so stay tuned for more.

Battlefield 4 Naval Strike will be released late March for Battlefield 4 Premium members. Check out the screenshots below to see the new maps and vehicles in action.

Posted 02:14pm 01/3/14
I have decided, I just utterly suck at this game :( Still like it though, and I still fire it up every now and then in an attempt to not suck, but I inevitably end up running lots and getting shot by people I didn't see. I've always felt like there was something I just don't "get" when it comes to BF3 and BF4, always felt like theres something I was just failing to comprehend that others do, and that if I could just capture this mysterious piece of knowledge I would start sucking less, but alas, it still eludes my grasp.

The Titan/Carrier mode stuff sounds awesome though, so I'm sure I'll be throwing myself back into the grinder when it comes out :p
Whoop
Posted 04:51pm 01/3/14
khel: It gets like that sometimes. I find the servers with larger numbers good because the majority will run after the objective leaving you able to just muck about and pick off the stragglers.

Some nights I have good runs but most nights it's just deathstreak++. Stay under cover, stay out off the beaten track and use spotting / the map. Some nights I just grab the recon, stay in spawn and use the MAV to light up people on the map so my team knows where every single person on the enemy team is. No kills but you get points for spotting people.

Other nights I grab my favourite gun and just run amok in the middle of it shooting at anything that looks like it might be a person.
ph33x
Posted 05:01pm 01/3/14
That or engy b**** a little bird.
Whoop
Posted 05:10pm 01/3/14
i haven't bothered with the little birds in ages.
infi
Posted 05:53pm 01/3/14
Water battle sux :'(
Python
Posted 10:21pm 01/3/14
Indeed, not a fan of water battles.

Not a fan of the second assault maps as well, rather china rising. Would like it if they brought the end game maps from bf3 into bf4.

infi
Posted 10:35pm 01/3/14
all i ever wanted was strike at karkand and sharqi peninsula
ph33x
Posted 11:20am 02/3/14
all i ever wanted was strike at karkand and sharqi peninsula

You had them in BF3, Karkand has had its day.

Hopefully Wake has as well.
infi
Posted 01:11pm 02/3/14
Karkand has had its day

The back to Karkand servers were the most popular so why would you say it has had it day?
ph33x
Posted 02:31pm 02/3/14

I'll answer that with questions. Do you like Metro? Do you like Lockers? When will Berlin make a comeback?
infi
Posted 02:47pm 02/3/14
I dislike Metro and Lockers because they are linear and boring. Karkand and Sharqi however tell a story and never fail to excite. Always a way to outflank on them as well.
BladeRunner
Posted 06:35pm 02/3/14
I know how you feel Khel. I do alright sometimes but most of the time Im in the middle. I tend to get half as many kills as deaths, sometimes even. Other times I feel I am a bullet / chopper / sniper magnet.

Half the problem is that you might not be in a group with others in an area. If your off by your self you are easier to take out.

I like Metro and Lockers, its useful for getting weapon attachments and XP. I can do OK at it. I have had some good times there. I was never fussed on Karkland and Sharqi annoyed me a lot.

I wish Dice would stop screwing around and do a 2142 remake/sequel, I would even go for a 1942 remake. Perhaps even a new IP, where there are just vehicles and no soldiers. Like world of tanks but in frostbite and local servers.
Crakaveli
Posted 06:54pm 02/3/14
i guess dust2 is the best cs map too.
infi
Posted 07:01pm 02/3/14
dust2 is pretty good. either that or office.
Nickname
Email Address

If you already have an account, please login here

You need an account to participate on AusGamers.

This form will quickly create one for you - you will just need to confirm your email address by clicking on a link in an email that will get sent to you.

Your comments will be published once your email address has been confirmed.