Cam Lee Inquisition
Dragon Age: Inquisition producer Cameron Lee has become a fixture here at AusGamers. The Aussie ex-pat took tie out of his Gamescom duties to chat with us again. Check it out!
Wrestling Time
We take a look at 2K Games' latest WWE contender and find out just what the game has in store for fans of the wrestling series. Click here for our full preview!
Resident Evil Within
The Evil Within is creeping up just around the release corner, so we decided to take a look back at Shinji Mikami's incredible Resident Evil 4. Click here for more!
handsome devil
We took the five winged, five week challenge with Hearthstone's first campaign and walked away less deathrattled than you might think. Read on for more!
Post by Eorl @ 11:22am 27/02/14 | 14 Comments
Minecraft creator Markus "Notch" Persson has revealed through Twitter that Minecraft, the 3D building sandbox hit, now has over 100 million registered users, and the game currently sees a conversion rate of 14.3% to paid accounts.Currently the game has sold a whopping 14,348,262 on Windows and Mac, with 9,381 of those sales happening in the last 24 hours. Mojang recently revealed that the newest platform, PlayStation 3, has sold over a million since going live in late 2013.

Dazhel
Posted 11:27am 27/2/14
One hundred MILLION users!
uHoVsve.jpg
glynd
Posted 02:03pm 27/2/14
Am I the only one who doesn't own Minecraft?
Mass
Posted 02:35pm 27/2/14
I have a PC and Xbox 360 account, well my kids do.
arkter
Posted 02:54pm 27/2/14
Am I the only one who doesn't own Minecraft?

Nope. I don't.

I think we are the only 2 though.
carson
Posted 04:18pm 27/2/14
And still no mod support.

Mojang really suck at delivering on their promises. Scrolls turned out to be a steaming pile of s*** that went no where.
Spook
Posted 04:48pm 27/2/14
yer, spook jnr the first is pretty much obsessed with it.
wont be long before spook jnr II is also id reckon
Nerf Stormborn
Posted 05:26pm 27/2/14
I, uh, got a fully featured demo to see what it was about, was surprisingly good. Figured I'd buy the full thing when they finished it, still hasn't happened... In fact I have no idea what they've done for like the last 2 years, even less than me on my own never ending code project. :P
RuleofBooKz
Posted 05:48pm 27/2/14
i also,,, erm,,, got to look at a full featured demo when it was a new thing, played it for a couple of hours, and have yet to purchase the full game.
reload!
Posted 06:17pm 27/2/14
bought it and played in alpha for about 4 hours.
haven't touched it since.
groganus
Posted 08:46pm 27/2/14
My 10 year old loves the s*** out of it so much it was becoming a problem and he promptly lost access to it when it became the only thing he would do.. (so weird seeing kids get addicted to video games like that, kicked me right in the feels, my parents must of been scared out of there brains)

I introduced it to him when it was in alpha and he saw me playing it. I was a bad role model and probably spent way to much time in front of it in front of him.

Either way, That game is crack for 10 yr olds. For awhile he claimed it was all anyone at school was talking about and it. He's now moved on to Naruto which is some questionable s*** as well.

Mean while my youngest 4 yr old is smashing out bubble bobble like a f*****g pro. I'll keep him well clear from minecraft till he asks about it.
IVY_MiKe
Posted 08:53pm 27/2/14
I've spent more hours playing it than I care to recall.

It is exactly what you make of the experience.
I'm a tad miffed atm, there doesn't seem to be a 'cheap' way to pick it up anymore (it's cheaper on console than on PC, and I'd like to grab another two copies, but not @ $50...)
Jboy
Posted 03:45am 28/2/14
Not a big fan of DRM'ed games and worse when they run in java, Hell I don't even have Java installed on my home PC.
carson
Posted 07:07am 28/2/14

They add new blocks and stuff. I mean, they've optimised some of it recently, but we've been promised official mod support since 1.0, and still have yet to get anything. We do keep getting new blocks and stuff though. Which to me, is not that appealing. As some of the mods add some amazing things to the game (industrial craft for one) and such.

I think we're getting closer to mod support though as 1.7 changed a lot of the games structure and so now barely any mods work. So I expect mod support by about 2054
dazzalus
Posted 11:34am 28/2/14
My 9,7 and 5 yr old are hooked on it, which I dont mind so much, but I hate the youtube minecraft songs with a passion! My sons play minecraft with them going in the background, drives me insane.