hacking towards release
We've endured two delays to get here, but Watch_Dogs is finally within release sights, and ahead of that event we go hands-on with the latest build. Read on for our full thoughts!
inquisitive minds
AusGamers managed to catch-up with BioWare's Cameron Lee, an Aussie expat who serves as a producer on Dragon Age: Inquisition. Check out our full interview!
oracle of ages
Batman: Arkham Knight is set to be Rocksteady's final in the Arkham series, so it's fitting that it's just so damn big. And Batmobiles. Nuff said. Click for more!
to the moon, athena
We caught up with 2K Australia and Randy Pitchford to discuss Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel and why Australia is making an impact on the moon. Click for more!
Post by trog @ 07:55am 20/02/14 | 13 Comments
Bethesda have released a new trailer for the next saga in the adventures of B.J. Blazkowicz - Wolfenstein: The New Order. The trailer sets the scene at some point in an alternate timeline where things didn't go all that well for the allies, and ze Third Reich has run rampant over the rest of the world. The game is due to land in May of this year.

The game was recently classified by our friendly classification board to have an R18+ Rating because of "high impact themes and violence, blood and gore", all of which you will see in the trailer below.

Oh, and if you're into that sort of thing, they're offering access to the beta of the next Doom game if you pre-order. No other information on that other than it'll be out later.

Thanks to @zZushin for pointing it out.

sLaps_Forehead
Posted 08:44am 20/2/14
hmmm that was nuts.
E.T.
Posted 08:49am 20/2/14
Nice :)
IVY_MiKe
Posted 09:43am 20/2/14
....wait.... there's a new Doom beta?
(anyone else spot that at the end of the trailer?)
www.wolfenstein.com/doom

Hrm... looks like it could be 'ok'... but I doubt it'll be anything near as well rounded as 'Return to Castle Wolfenstein'.

It comes down to a few things for me...
1) Tone. The trailer has the right ingredients but the plot seems kinda 'meh'
2) Price. If it does what a number of other quiality shooters has done with price I'm in. (I'm thinking specifically, Far Cry: Blood Dragon and Call of Juarez: Gunslinger and at or below $20 RRP.)

If the latter doesn't pan out, I'll wait til it's at least that much before trying it, the last entry in this franchise was absolute offal

(It's a shame EB Games doesn't have a 7 day returns policy for PC games.., I'll know within minutes of starting to play it if it has potential or was a complete waste of money)

In other news, someone please post some info about this so called 'up coming Doom beta'.
IVY_MiKe
Posted 09:51am 20/2/14
*cough* ignore my rants about the info bit... I'll actually read the news post instead. k? kay.
fryzeegunner
Posted 10:15am 20/2/14

It comes down to a few things for me...
1) Tone. The trailer has the right ingredients but the plot seems kinda 'meh'

I actually enjoyed the cut scenes from the trailer a lot. What I didn't find appealing was the gameplay.

In regards to the price, you're dreaming if you think this will be in that price range, you're looking full retail like $80. Probably $60 for steam.
greazy
Posted 11:06am 20/2/14
Looks like fun. God I wish this is a return to Wolfenstein:ET gameplay MP. I think it was the best multiplayer of it's time and probably still has the best co-op features of any FPS game I have played to date.
trog
Posted 01:10pm 20/2/14
I didn't put the Doom thing in the headline, because even I, one of the more massive Doom fans, didn't think that qualified as news
fryzeegunner
Posted 01:59pm 20/2/14
yeh its probably not even alpha stages yet lol
RuleofBooKz
Posted 02:27pm 20/2/14
Wolfenstein:ET gameplay MP i agree had the best MP co op class obj based gameplay.

Which they made into a free game Enemy Territory which is now playable in high res on modern computers as ET: legacy

servers every night - go get your rifle nade on
Audi
Posted 04:07pm 20/2/14
Looking good, Have a soft spot for any wolf game.
greazy
Posted 07:08pm 20/2/14

servers every night - go get your rifle nade on

This is pretty cool. Wish I had a gaming PC to play this.
59fifty
Posted 10:17pm 20/2/14
holy crap! people still play ET???

Going to give this a bash over the weekend!
greazy
Posted 01:18pm 21/2/14
holy crap! people still play ET???

Going to give this a bash over the weekend!

ET introduced some amazing new MP mechanics that was adopted by a lot of games that followed. It had from memory:

1. Classes in FPS.
2. Team work was essential to winning and so was having a variety of classes on each team.
3. Leveling up/skills depending on class, some was all about teamwork (i.e healing, ammo supply)
4. Multistage maps. A win on one stage meant a different dynamic in the next.
5. Some amazing level designs.
6. It was FREE.

My only complaint was the quake engine didn't exactly fit the feel of the game. That's just personal preference.
You must be logged in to post a comment. Log in now!