With the Titanfall beta now widely available, it was only a matter of time before Internet sleuths found something interesting from combing through its raw data files, and now some users over on the NeoGAF
communities appear to have discovered quite a few tidbits, including the apparent names of fourteen maps that the game is expected to launch with.
Angel City and Fracture, which we've already seen in the beta, will seemingly be joined by Colony, Relic, Airbase, Boneyard, Corporate, Outpost 207, Lagoon, Rise, Smugglers Cove, Overlook, Nexus, O2, and Training Ground. Adding to the authenticity, the reddit post
even has splash images for all of them.
Among other notable points of interest in the game data, as noted by Reddit user no1dead, are several developer commands referencing to a Splitscreen mode:
- cl_dumpsplithacks Dump (split screen workarounds.)
- GetSplitScreenPlayerSlot (Returns the splitscreen slot assigned to this player (if any))
- cl_disable_splitscreen_cpu_level_cfgs_in_pip (CPU Levels don't show in Picture in Picture splitscreen)
- ss_teleport (Teleport other splitscreen player to my location)
- ss_mimic (Force user input to this split screen player Split screen users mimic base player's Controls.)
- If enabled, use PIP instead of splitscreen. (Only works for 2 players)
- Two player split screen uses vertical split (do not set this directly, use ss_splitmode instead)
- Two player split screen mode (0 - recommended settings base on the width, 1 - horizontal, 2 - vertical (only allowed in widescreen)
- ss_splitmode....ss_enable (Enables Split Screen support.)
It's possible that these is all just leftover code from a deprecated feature or testing utility, but it seems to suggest the developers had at least been experimenting with some manner of local multiplayer, if not offline play. Official word is still only that Titanfall is an online-only multiplayer game.
Titanfall arrives on Xbox One, PC and Xbox 360 on March 14th 2013.