Cam Lee Inquisition
Dragon Age: Inquisition producer Cameron Lee has become a fixture here at AusGamers. The Aussie ex-pat took tie out of his Gamescom duties to chat with us again. Check it out!
Wrestling Time
We take a look at 2K Games' latest WWE contender and find out just what the game has in store for fans of the wrestling series. Click here for our full preview!
Resident Evil Within
The Evil Within is creeping up just around the release corner, so we decided to take a look back at Shinji Mikami's incredible Resident Evil 4. Click here for more!
fella!
Wrapping up a tour in Australia and with Summerslam dominating August, we had a chance to chat with the Great White himself, Sheamus! Check it out right here!
Post by Eorl @ 11:42am 15/02/14 | 11 Comments
In case your weekend isn't already busy with the Titanfall beta weekend, publisher Meteor Entertainment has today revealed that their free-to-play multiplayer mech combat title Hawken is now available through Steam Early Access.

Following on from news last week that the free title would see a release on Steam, Meteor Entertainment also states that the previous client launcher will no longer be available. Those looking to download the game will now find it via Steam.
AWKEN is a multiplayer first person shooter for PC that places you inside a mechanized war machine on the battlefield of a dystopian world called Illal. With strategic, fast-paced gameplay, HAWKEN features incredible alien landscapes, customizable and upgradable mechs, and dynamic experiences across multiple competitive game modes.

HAWKEN features 5 game modes: Team Deathmatch, Co-Op Bot Destruction, Missile Assault, Siege and Deathmatch. Each mode offers a unique gameplay experience that requires a different approach and hones a separate set of skills.
Check out the launch trailer for a dose of mech action and hit up the Steam Early Access page for more. Currently to gain access players will have to purchase a $29.99 bundle, though the game is planning on launching as a free-to-play title.

Enska
Posted 11:51am 15/2/14
If you haven't previously played it you will have to pay $30 bucks for access. I have played a fair bit of it but never received a steam key so am waiting to hear back from support.
WirlWind
Posted 12:40pm 15/2/14
Awesome, about f*****g time they opened up a bit.

Been trying to get back into it since it went onto steam but it took fkn ages to find a match on a weeknight.
Enska
Posted 01:32pm 15/2/14
I got my key. if anyone has played prior to steam and didn't get one just hit up support, they got back to me pretty quickly with no issues. Saves you having to pay for access.
WirlWind
Posted 07:42pm 15/2/14
I think there are a few days left before they say to hit up support though, but meh.

They get paid to support *shrug*
Gung-ho
Posted 02:06pm 16/2/14
This one looks very interesting - are there Australian servers yet?
Enska
Posted 02:22pm 16/2/14
I dunno much about how the servers are set up but yeh there's aus ones. pings are sweet, I sit at around 20 odd all day.
syzk
Posted 07:12pm 16/2/14
just not really a big enough community in aus to support the servers, at least that was the case when I last played few months ago was the same 10 people in the server each night
Enska
Posted 06:05am 17/2/14
Since its steam launch I think you'll find the player base has widened a bit dude. I've found plenty of games coop and standard mp with many diff players each time.
I'm enjoying it, it's come a long way since I last spent a fair bit of time with it.
WirlWind
Posted 04:37pm 17/2/14
Syzk, that's because beta was closed.

No, anyone can play.

And yes, Gung-ho, there have been Aussie servers for aaaages.
Enska
Posted 11:30pm 17/2/14
lol, you f***** poof. being on steam is obviously going to widen the player base compared to people stumbling across a free to play game on teh googles. that's what I was getting at. Go back to playing a beta that you were adamant you weren't going near 4 days ago Wirlwind.
WirlWind
Posted 01:30pm 18/2/14

Firstly, go jump in a frozen lake.

Secondly, I was adamant that I wasn't going to BUY THE GAME.

Thirdly, said beta was as bad as I thought it might be. Still not going to buy the game.

Fourthly, my comment on the beta being closed / now anyone can play weren't even directed at you. I suggest you go back (possibly to school) and re-read that whole comment chain.