Cam Lee Inquisition
Dragon Age: Inquisition producer Cameron Lee has become a fixture here at AusGamers. The Aussie ex-pat took tie out of his Gamescom duties to chat with us again. Check it out!
Wrestling Time
We take a look at 2K Games' latest WWE contender and find out just what the game has in store for fans of the wrestling series. Click here for our full preview!
Resident Evil Within
The Evil Within is creeping up just around the release corner, so we decided to take a look back at Shinji Mikami's incredible Resident Evil 4. Click here for more!
handsome devil
We took the five winged, five week challenge with Hearthstone's first campaign and walked away less deathrattled than you might think. Read on for more!
Post by Eorl @ 10:24am 05/02/14 | 14 Comments
Eidos Montreal's rebooted Thief title has now gone live according to a new developer blog entry, and to help celebrate the news a new trailer has been released that details everything you need to know about the newly masked Thief.
“It’s a wrap, Thief is gold. It’s nearly time for the fans to fall in love with Thief all over again, and time for newcomers to finally see what all the fuss is about” said Stephane Roy, Producer. “Thief is one of the founding-fathers of the stealth genre; we’re proud to have worked on such a well-loved series and proud to say; Garrett, the Master Thief is back.”
The new trailer takes a look at the game’s story, its key characters, key gameplay and key feature set, with enough action in-between to keep you entertained. Check it out below.

Thief will be available on PC, PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4, Xbox 360 and Xbox One come February 27th.

Buy now from Green Man Gaming for only GBP£22.99 (USD$29.99 on Steam)!

RuleofBooKz
Posted 11:52am 05/2/14
Déjà vu
Rominion
Posted 12:53pm 05/2/14
Déjà vu
ravn0s
Posted 01:42pm 05/2/14
jamais vu

i think i'll hold off buying this game. too many christmas games still to play.
Gibsmith
Posted 02:03pm 05/2/14
Hope it doesnt suck ass. Keen to not have good memories of theif ruined by a bastardized money-grab. The new Deus Ex wasn't bad though (so long as you played it on the hardest difficulty) so I'm keen to at least give this a go
Audi
Posted 03:34pm 05/2/14
W00t, bring it on! Been 10 years since I played Deadly Shadows.
Viper119
Posted 06:48pm 05/2/14
Yeah hope it's good, I already pre-bought on Steam.
sLaps_Forehead
Posted 07:15pm 05/2/14
That was quite... impressive.

Loved the hand animations.
DM
Posted 07:23pm 05/2/14
I am hard pressed to remember a game before Thief where Stealth was even an option much less the sole idea behind it. Until then it was all Quake style, run into a room and blow s*** up. I have seriously high hopes for this game though no jump button is just silly. Hardest setting ghost run here I come!
Nerf Stormborn
Posted 07:36pm 05/2/14
Hardest setting ghost run here I come!

Gotta admit that the ranked scores based on difficulty options is what sold me, which actually gives disabling them a purpose in my eyes instead of just gimping oneself against what the game was designed for.

Well, that and the 40% discount I was able to get on gmg using codes and the pre-order discount, and the classic bonus level which comes with pre-orders.
dais
Posted 08:14pm 05/2/14
It's not Thief without Stephen Russell.
Nerf Stormborn
Posted 03:07am 06/2/14
That's true. I'm holding out a ridiculous hope that he's in it as some sort of original Garrett from a previous time, with the city changing and whatnot being explained like by that too, as well as Garrett's apparent starting amnesia. Probably won't work out that way...
cherocha
Posted 10:16am 06/2/14
It's not Thief without Stephen Russell.

And amnesia? The f***?

I wish they had have just set it vaguely in the Thief universe, with a different main character and factions. That engine and gameplay, with Ken Levine driving the story, would have had Thief fanbois jizzing in their pants the world over.
DM
Posted 12:11pm 06/2/14
Only real hope I have for Garrett is that they don't change his character.. I liked the quiet, misanthropic smart arse personality they had built up over 3 games so if they suddenly turn him into a wise cracking, loud a******* it's going to really be jarring to say the least. Also I hope they explain his companion/trainee as being the girl he caught trying to pick pocket him in the final cutscene of #3. Though I don't see how they could possibly miss that target
Nerf Stormborn
Posted 12:21pm 06/2/14
From what I've seen, he seems to be fairly similar, but now sort of "loves stealing ion the night" or some fanciful bulls***. His grumpiness and comments still seems to maybe there though.

New voice actor is a bit underwhelming though imo, just bland.