hacking towards release
We've endured two delays to get here, but Watch_Dogs is finally within release sights, and ahead of that event we go hands-on with the latest build. Read on for our full thoughts!
inquisitive minds
AusGamers managed to catch-up with BioWare's Cameron Lee, an Aussie expat who serves as a producer on Dragon Age: Inquisition. Check out our full interview!
oracle of ages
Batman: Arkham Knight is set to be Rocksteady's final in the Arkham series, so it's fitting that it's just so damn big. And Batmobiles. Nuff said. Click for more!
to the moon, athena
We caught up with 2K Australia and Randy Pitchford to discuss Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel and why Australia is making an impact on the moon. Click for more!
Post by Eorl @ 10:40am 25/01/14 | 7 Comments
Valve has taken it upon themselves to now allow Steam users the choice of cancelling any digital pre-orders they may happen to purchase in their day-to-day business, a practice that was previously available only by emailing Steam support.

Users on Steam's Forums (via Polygon) are reporting the new change in policy, which can now be found in your Steam transaction history with the button "Refund an item" link for any pre-orders. This new change will enable players to change their mind at a whim, offering some sought after basics when it comes to pre-ordering online.

When it comes to pre-ordering on Steam, Valve will charge your payment method the full amount, unlike brick 'n' mortar stores which go for the usual $5-$10 deposit on physical media. It is currently unclear whether this new method will put the pre-order amount back into your Steam Wallet or refund it to your chosen payment method, though the choice is now there.

Mosfx
Posted 10:48am 25/1/14
I've never pre-ordered from Steam so didn't know you couldn't, but interesting this wasn't normal already...
Topper
Posted 11:05am 25/1/14
The option was always there as stated in the article, you just had to contact Steam support to do it.....now you can just click a button in the steam client yourself

Nice addition
blaze0041
Posted 11:09am 25/1/14
If I recall, before you would have had to contact Steam Support to cancel a pre-order. This certainly makes things easier.
Twisted
Posted 10:55pm 25/1/14
Cool, customer focused design actually working in the interests of customers.
Whoop
Posted 02:55am 26/1/14
I wish they offered a "ship the cd to me" option, given the ultra high prices we already pay for shit on steam they should send us free cd's or tshirts n stuff.
Nathan
Posted 08:18am 26/1/14
Why would one pre-order a digital item they have unlimited copies of?
Nerf Stormborn
Posted 10:49am 26/1/14
When I read this thread I was thinking "what kind of mad fool would pre-order a game," and yet I somehow just pre-ordered Thief 4 from GMG, which I'm not even sure about (markeddown from $50 to $31.50, this video made it look promising, it's my favourite series, and that bonus bank map will be appreciated by me since I loved that level back in the day...).

Hopefully they have a way to cancel if reviews come out and say that it's really really bad...
You must be logged in to post a comment. Log in now!