shark week, all week
Depth is one of the best games you may have never heard of, and we've gone hands-on with it and had a chance to chat to the team behind it. Check out both features!
inquiring minds
We chat with friend of the site Cameron Lee about Dragon Age Inquisition's endgame content, theorycrafting, tactical play and much more. Click here for our interview!
welcome to you're doom
AusGamers got a 15-minute live sneak-peek at the totally reimagined Doom at this year's QuakeCon. Read our in-depth first-look impressions right here!
highway to the danger zone
We caught up with The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt's game director, Konrad Tomaszkiewicz, to talk all things Witcher, monsters and open-world! Click here!
Post by Eorl @ 01:20pm 17/01/14 | 16 Comments
World of Warcraft players now have the chance to jump on the back of the "terrifying" new mount available in the in-game store, Iron Skyreaver, developer Blizzard Entertainment announced today.

"Bred for war by brutal Iron Horde beastmasters and girded for battle in black steel and smoldering flame, the monstrous Iron Skyreaver suffers only the most fearsome of masters to ride it."

Equipped with twin afterburners just because, the flying mount is now available in both the web store and in-game store, with the need to only purchase it once for all characters on an account. The mount is priced at $25, and you can check it out in action below.

Buy now from Games 101 Only AUD$28.95!

Mosfx
Posted 01:23pm 17/1/14
$25 PFFFFTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT
arkter
Posted 03:12pm 17/1/14
.... jetpacks on a dragon? What the hell happened to warcraft?
Jim
Posted 03:15pm 17/1/14
goblins I guess
Posted 03:53pm 17/1/14
.... jetpacks on a dragon? What the hell happened to warcraft?

Nothing? Rockets and jet packs and crazy mechanical contraptions have been in warcraft as long as gnomes and goblins have

Thought this was going to be a mount in warlords since its iron horde, looks pretty badass though
Zapo
Posted 04:24pm 17/1/14
Looks good, but personally I prefer the smaller mounts...and ya, paying $25 = no thanks.
Tanaka Khan
Posted 05:27pm 17/1/14
I'll bet Rev has already purchased this, or I'm a bearded gnome!
Reverend Evil™
Posted 11:47pm 17/1/14
I can't buy it yet because I'm still waiting for my credit card to turn up and the Blizzard Store doesn't even have it listed. Seems the only way to buy it is from the in-game browser. Still thinking about if it's werth it or not. I mainly use the sky golem because that thing kicks some serious ass. Prolly my favorite mount out of all the ones I have.
infi
Posted 01:11am 18/1/14
who still plays this? i don't even...
Taipan
Posted 04:52am 18/1/14
I doubt ill ever play it again but if i did id want to pick up where i left off. Being able to buy your way to max lvl kind of wastes all the content between x lvl and max lvl. I can see the appeal to a lot of people though.
Zapo
Posted 07:35am 18/1/14
who still plays this? i don't even...

I must admit I started playing again over the holidays. I'm actually enjoying it, there's a lot more for the casual player such as myself. The Looking for Raid system is great for casual players who want to see the content without it being super difficult. Timeless Isle which was implemented in the latest patch allows you to get reasonable raid quality gear quickly so you can actually go and see the content without GRINDING over and over - which has NEVER interested me.

So yeah, I have a sub now and it's ticked over to the second month, when I finish all the raids and other quests I'm doing then I'll cancel again, while I was undecided about getting the next expansion, I'm actually pretty keen to get it now.
Mosfx
Posted 07:49am 18/1/14
I tried to play it again but just couldn't I've got so many other gorgeous games to play that seem more productive.
glynd
Posted 09:16am 18/1/14

exact same situation. didn't last long after Mist of Pandaria came out. I re-joined back couple months ago and been absolutely loving it.
Eorl
Posted 10:28am 18/1/14
who still plays this? i don't even...

I've succumbed and am back to playing while I wait for WildStar... I just needed my crack man, one more hit and I'm done.
Posted 12:40pm 18/1/14
Paid boost to 90 isn't really a big deal, most people levelling up a toon these days have no interest in the pre-90 content, because they probably did it all when it was current and mattered, and they've probably done it multiple times since levelling alts. And in a matter of months, it wont be max level anyway, it'll just be boosting up to the point where you can play the new content, which is a better user experience anyway really cos the newer stuff is going to look better and play better. The levelling experience atm is kinda wonky anyway; its painfully apparent how old BC is when you go from revamped 1-60 zones into old BC zones.

The whole idea is you can come back to the game and boost yourself up and be playing with your friends asap. Already had that problem even recently, a bunch of people from here came back to the game and joined my guild and were keen to do stuff, but they had to level up first, and by the time they had levelled up and caught up (or I think in some cases, even before that had finished levelling) they were over it. People already basically boost themselves anyway with the refer-a-friend, this is just streamlining the process.

And if you don't want to use it, if you just want to do things the long way and see all the content, don't use it? Its optional, how other people choose to play the game shouldn't affect how you do. Its like heroic raiders getting s***** when fights are nerfed after they've already cleared it; it doesn't diminish their achievement in any way. Just like the person who might have already levelled 10 different alts to 90, being able to buy boosts to 90 doesn't dimish his achievement, even if someone boosted 10 toons to 90 it wouldn't make them equal to that guy because that guy always has the knowledge he did it the hard way and put in the time and has had months of enjoying the fruits of his labor. If thats not enough for people, if they're more interested in blocking other's ability to enjoy the game rather than enjoying it themselves, then I think the problem lies with the player more than the game.

Hrmm, sorry, that ended up a bit longer than I was intending, but tldr: Paid boosts to 90 aren't really the big deal some people seem to think they are, its just an optional quality of life improvement.
ph33x
Posted 01:09pm 18/1/14

This. When dealing with recruits and they say "Man, I got like 9+ toons at 90" they're usually not that good (unless they spend a ass blistering amount of time in the game).

My opinion of a players abilities is really about what they can do on just one toon. We only raided about 8 hours a week so running through 3 toons each just slows the process and dilutes the skill base, imo.