to the moon, athena
AusGamers caught up with 2K Australia and Randy Pitchford to discuss the recently revealed Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel and why Australia is making an impact on the moon. Click for more!
Welcome to Planet Nexus
We take a brief dip in the MMO pool with Carbine Studios' WildStar, and find out just what Planet Nexus has in store for us. Check it out in our preview for more!
oracle of ages
Batman: Arkham Knight is set to be Rocksteady's final in the Arkham series, so it's fitting that it's just so damn big. And Batmobiles. Nuff said. Click for more!
Trial By Dirt Bike
We take a look at the fourth title in the Trials series, and the first to hit next-gen platforms. Does it live up to the name? Find out in our review!
Post by Eorl @ 03:39pm 15/01/14 | 9 Comments
Developer From Software has revealed a new trailer for their upcoming hardcore RPG, titled 'Cursed' that is sure to get your taste buds tantalising as we get closer to the game's March release date.

As is the Souls game tradition, the trailer is accompanied by a raspy voiced woman who speaks of a murky, forgotten and ancient land, the new setting for the sequel. Featuring a montage of both cinematic and gameplay footage, the trailer definitely aims to please those eager for the sequel with quick shots of grotesque looking monsters sure to cause you some pain in your journey. If you thought a normal dragon was hard work, well Dark Souls 2 is aiming to include a dragon infested with spiders.

Check out the trailer below and make sure you mark down March 13th for the release of Dark Souls 2 on PC, Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3.

Buy now from Green Man Gaming for only GBP£39.99 (USD$71.99 on Steam)!

WirlWind
Posted 05:08pm 15/1/14
The second this "hits the shelf" on PC, my life will cease for quite a while...

Here's hoping they make pvp a little more viable for us Aussies.
paveway
Posted 05:52pm 15/1/14
got my full blown collectors nerd pack pre-ordered for ps3

if i hadn't just started a new job i would have booked an annual leave day off for this
Mosfx
Posted 06:06pm 15/1/14
I've been meaning to get ahold of the first one and play it, I finally have an Xbox controller for my PC.

Is the fact it's so hard and punishing that makes this game fun?
paveway
Posted 07:02pm 15/1/14
Have a go first, then ask me questions
Toxus
Posted 07:34pm 15/1/14
PLEASE let it not be a shitty port for pc this time...
Mountain_Jew
Posted 07:48pm 15/1/14
What's with the camera shake? This trailer feels like somebody filmed their TV/Monitor playing the traier
LordHelyi
Posted 08:10pm 15/1/14
I picked up Dark Souls in the steam holiday sales.
Despite its brutal nature and the amount of times you die and often irritatingly have to repeat the same section ad nauseum to get to the part you are struggling with. It somehow remains to not induce rage and instead if it's getting to much you simply put it down and quit for awhile.

Every step into new ground feels like an accomplishment, until you come across a new enemy and it destroys you on the first encounter :P
WirlWind
Posted 08:31pm 15/1/14

Is the fact it's so hard and punishing that makes this game fun?

It's "punishing" until you learn what to do. It's a game where you need to learn to slow down to go fast. The joy comes from mastering something that used to kill you over and over, plus the PvP is fun when it works properly.

Also, go up the stairs past the well when you hit the firelink shrine (not into the graveyard!). The start was a pain for me since I did it blind and was playing 360 version on a 1080p monitor. I couldn't see the stairs because they were blurred from up-scaling, so I went into the graveyard and ground my face against all the skellies for a few hours before rage quitting for a week (then a mate told me where to actually go lol). The funny thing is I actually got really good through all the grinding so when I hit undead burg, I was rofflestomping everything XD

The game itself, fuckups like that not included, is difficult but fair. Pretty much every death I've had was avoidable (besides one later in the game :P) and it's just a matter of learning how the game works and progressing slow instead of charging forth.

Also, there is a basic story, but if you look and investigate deeper, there's actually a TON of lore for you to find and piece together. It's a very different story that's told through investigation rather than by progressing the game.
Eorl
Posted 09:02am 16/1/14

Seems to be something From have enabled on their trailer, have no clue why but maybe they wanted it to be a roller-coaster of a ride?
You must be logged in to post a comment. Log in now!