to the moon, athena
AusGamers caught up with 2K Australia and Randy Pitchford to discuss the recently revealed Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel and why Australia is making an impact on the moon. Click for more!
Welcome to Planet Nexus
We take a brief dip in the MMO pool with Carbine Studios' WildStar, and find out just what Planet Nexus has in store for us. Check it out in our preview for more!
oracle of ages
Batman: Arkham Knight is set to be Rocksteady's final in the Arkham series, so it's fitting that it's just so damn big. And Batmobiles. Nuff said. Click for more!
Death Awaits!
It's finally here - has Blizzard managed to deliver on a series promise with Diablo 3: Reaper of Souls? We answer that question in great detail in our in-depth review!
Post by Eorl @ 02:43pm 15/01/14 | 5 Comments
Galactic starfighters arrived in Star Wars: The Old Republic today for players with Preferred Early Access to the game.

According to developer Bioware, the massively multiplayer online role-playing game's second expansion, Galactic Starfighter, will be available to everyone else February 4th. One of the main features of the new expansion is the addition of 12 vs 12 space battles, a feature sorely missing since its launch back in 2011.

The new starships are now available for anyone who was once a subscriber of the MMO or has purchased items in Star Wars: The Old Republic's store. Those who qualify and join during the Preferred Early Access period will get access to new pilot suits and the in-game designation of "Test Pilot."

Check out the trailer below showing off the new space battles and a glimpse at each of the available starships on offer.

Nerf Stormborn
Posted 08:47pm 15/1/14
Hrm, tried to let a small update run before to check this out, turned out my main harddrive was full and the install got corrupted somewhere, running the fix process has taken like 6 hours and has download 12 gig, and says it's only 29% done. Well, this is exciting.
Mosfx
Posted 08:46am 16/1/14
Anyone still playing this since they removed the oceanic servers? I enjoyed it and tempted to play it when I'm back at Uni.
groganus
Posted 08:54am 16/1/14
I loved the game so much, I had a big nerd boner for it. I'd done everything in the game 3 x over and enjoyed it immensely, I had to stop playing as I had nothing to do but log on and socialise and as my guild dwindled in size that really wasn't worth while... Sadly the closure of the Oceanic servers means I will likely never go back.
konstie
Posted 11:18am 16/1/14

yeah i go on every couple of weeks. population is OK. i had a play with the starfighter game and it seems fun.
Nerf Stormborn
Posted 08:26pm 17/1/14
This is actually a surprisingly capable space flight sim thing, way more than I expected in an mmo. Took about half an hour just to figure out a control mapping that I could manage to fly in a straight line with (I tend to hold A and D whenever I do anything due to battlefield control mapping, so ended up making those strafe, and q and e roll), but once you learn to be very cautious with the mouse, it's pretty good.
You must be logged in to post a comment. Log in now!