shark week, all week
Depth is one of the best games you may have never heard of, and we've gone hands-on with it and had a chance to chat to the team behind it. Check out both features!
inquiring minds
We chat with friend of the site Cameron Lee about Dragon Age Inquisition's endgame content, theorycrafting, tactical play and much more. Click here for our interview!
welcome to you're doom
AusGamers got a 15-minute live sneak-peek at the totally reimagined Doom at this year's QuakeCon. Read our in-depth first-look impressions right here!
highway to the danger zone
We caught up with The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt's game director, Konrad Tomaszkiewicz, to talk all things Witcher, monsters and open-world! Click here!
Post by Eorl @ 11:33am 10/01/14 | 9 Comments
Banished, the medieval city building simulation title from one-man team Shining Rock Software, has been finally dated for a February 18th release. Originally slated for a January date, the developer states on his newest blog entry that the latest build will be tested "until release, checking everything I’ve touched in the last month and a half."
I know I can be quoted as saying that I wanted the game released in January, but over the holidays I ended up taking some time off from development, and apparently writing full in-game help takes far longer than you might expect.

Testing progress has been slow over the holiday season, so the current build will be tested until release, checking everything I’ve touched in the last month and a half – the final tutorials, help system, and minor code and balancing tweaks. Just to be sure things are in working order.
Those interested in finding out what exactly Banished has to offer can check out the official dev blog which includes some great overviews of the mechanics that will soon be available at your fingertips. Banished will launch for PC and will run you “around $20″.

Buy now from SteamUK Only GBP£19.99!

Trauma
Posted 12:35pm 10/1/14
Keen.
carson
Posted 02:04pm 10/1/14
As am I. This is the only game I've been super hyped about for ages.

Followed the entire dev process, can't wait to play!
Winston
Posted 02:15pm 10/1/14
Looks great.

Similar deal to Godus?
dazzalus
Posted 04:03pm 10/1/14
Wow, looks good. Thanks for the post I'll have to keep an eye on it.
andrewus
Posted 09:06pm 10/1/14
This is the first game I have actually followed in recent years. Super keen for release!!
Phandaal
Posted 04:49pm 11/1/14
....and when do the orcs come to loot the village?
carson
Posted 06:12pm 11/1/14
....and when do the orcs come to loot the village?

They don't. You have to survive the winter and famine and disease first.
Phandaal
Posted 07:45pm 11/1/14
So there there are only environmental threats, no combat, no dangerous beasts, no other villages to trade or raid?
Cheez
Posted 08:19pm 11/1/14

Enviro threats and plagues and such, don't harvest a whole forest as some remedies can only be found in old pre existing ones. He added mining and mines can colapse, rivers freeze and block trading posts, just things that can hinder your village. Don't even have to build huge, can make a small village last ages with no big expansions, its all up to you how you wanna play it.

I've been stalking this game for ages now, even tho I get his email updates I still check the page daily just in case.