to the moon, athena
AusGamers caught up with 2K Australia and Randy Pitchford to discuss the recently revealed Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel and why Australia is making an impact on the moon. Click for more!
Welcome to Planet Nexus
We take a brief dip in the MMO pool with Carbine Studios' WildStar, and find out just what Planet Nexus has in store for us. Check it out in our preview for more!
oracle of ages
Batman: Arkham Knight is set to be Rocksteady's final in the Arkham series, so it's fitting that it's just so damn big. And Batmobiles. Nuff said. Click for more!
Trial By Dirt Bike
We take a look at the fourth title in the Trials series, and the first to hit next-gen platforms. Does it live up to the name? Find out in our review!
Post by Eorl @ 11:33am 10/01/14 | 9 Comments
Banished, the medieval city building simulation title from one-man team Shining Rock Software, has been finally dated for a February 18th release. Originally slated for a January date, the developer states on his newest blog entry that the latest build will be tested "until release, checking everything I’ve touched in the last month and a half."
I know I can be quoted as saying that I wanted the game released in January, but over the holidays I ended up taking some time off from development, and apparently writing full in-game help takes far longer than you might expect.

Testing progress has been slow over the holiday season, so the current build will be tested until release, checking everything I’ve touched in the last month and a half – the final tutorials, help system, and minor code and balancing tweaks. Just to be sure things are in working order.
Those interested in finding out what exactly Banished has to offer can check out the official dev blog which includes some great overviews of the mechanics that will soon be available at your fingertips. Banished will launch for PC and will run you “around $20″.

Buy now from SteamUS Only USD$19.99!

Trauma
Posted 12:35pm 10/1/14
Keen.
carson
Posted 02:04pm 10/1/14
As am I. This is the only game I've been super hyped about for ages.

Followed the entire dev process, can't wait to play!
Winston
Posted 02:15pm 10/1/14
Looks great.

Similar deal to Godus?
dazzalus
Posted 04:03pm 10/1/14
Wow, looks good. Thanks for the post I'll have to keep an eye on it.
andrewus
Posted 09:06pm 10/1/14
This is the first game I have actually followed in recent years. Super keen for release!!
Phandaal
Posted 04:49pm 11/1/14
....and when do the orcs come to loot the village?
carson
Posted 06:12pm 11/1/14
....and when do the orcs come to loot the village?

They don't. You have to survive the winter and famine and disease first.
Phandaal
Posted 07:45pm 11/1/14
So there there are only environmental threats, no combat, no dangerous beasts, no other villages to trade or raid?
Cheez
Posted 08:19pm 11/1/14

Enviro threats and plagues and such, don't harvest a whole forest as some remedies can only be found in old pre existing ones. He added mining and mines can colapse, rivers freeze and block trading posts, just things that can hinder your village. Don't even have to build huge, can make a small village last ages with no big expansions, its all up to you how you wanna play it.

I've been stalking this game for ages now, even tho I get his email updates I still check the page daily just in case.
You must be logged in to post a comment. Log in now!