to the moon, athena
AusGamers caught up with 2K Australia and Randy Pitchford to discuss the recently revealed Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel and why Australia is making an impact on the moon. Click for more!
inquisitive minds
AusGamers managed to catch-up with BioWare's Cameron Lee, an Aussie expat who serves as a producer on Dragon Age: Inquisition. Check out our full interview!
oracle of ages
Batman: Arkham Knight is set to be Rocksteady's final in the Arkham series, so it's fitting that it's just so damn big. And Batmobiles. Nuff said. Click for more!
Trial By Dirt Bike
We take a look at the fourth title in the Trials series, and the first to hit next-gen platforms. Does it live up to the name? Find out in our review!
Post by Eorl @ 12:06pm 07/12/13 | 12 Comments
Developer DICE has rolled out a new new server version for the PC, PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4, Xbox 360 and Xbox One versions of Battlefield 4, according to an official post on Battlelog. The new update includes a number of tweaks to the Commander Mode, but also unlocks the M1911 pistol scope for all players as a reward for sticking it through the tough launch.

According to the update notes players will now find that battlepack boost times are now being used when playing as Commander and that a fix for the 100 rank cap when playing as tablet Commander.

DICE previously promised the M1911 scope as part of their Player Appreciation Program. The scope has a 3X zoom and can be used by all classes and was previously a scope exclusive to DICE developers. To actually gain access to the scope in-game you'll need to have the weapon unlocked, then hit up the customisation option and select the scope.

You can find the official patch notes over here. Are you still playing Battlefield 4? How has your experience been since the game's launch? Let us know in the comments below.

E.T.
Posted 12:31pm 07/12/13
I haven't purchased it yet. I'll think about it after the bugs are sorted.
ph33x
Posted 12:34pm 07/12/13
There goes the commander gravy train.
Whoop
Posted 01:24pm 07/12/13
Although I enjoy the game, it just feels so laggy. I'm not sure if its server lag or input lag but it just doesn't quite feel snappy. I get decent enough FPS in it but I dunno.
ph33x
Posted 01:34pm 07/12/13

Try dropping AA and Textures to test if your VRAM is bottlenecking you. VRAM lag feels like vsync input lag. Smooth, but not snappy or responsive.
infi
Posted 01:55pm 07/12/13
I'm really enjoying BF4. It runs well.
Moridin
Posted 02:53pm 07/12/13
I'm another who has had no real issues besides the servers crashing at the start. I steer clear of the 64 player servers though. I definitely feel the rubber banding there.
Whoop
Posted 06:11pm 07/12/13

well I just got a GTX760 about 5 minutes ago, will see how this handles it. I think it might be more connection lag but it just feels like I'm not hitting my targets. I don't know if it's just my shitty aim or whether it really is laggy. I mean my ping is under 50 (sometimes under 30) but still feels like I'm playing against a server full of Neo's. I can hit them when they're running in a straight line away from me though.

edit: Also does it make a difference whether you run the 32 or 64 bit version? like is one more prone to issues than the other?

Ok so new video card made a slight difference but I think I've figured out what bugs me. It's almost like you can only do one thing at a time. You can't shoot, press aim down sights and have it aim. You have to stop shooting, aim, shoot some more. It's like the game can only handle one input from each device at once. Jumping over broken walls is also quite lame, you walk up to it and just kind of bounce until he decides to get over it. There's no jump + duck to get over shit like there is in CoD and he doesn't automatically climb over broken walls. Normal, low walls yeah, but not broken buildings.

All in all movement just feels spongy like you're controlling a guy via some stiff bits of wire rather than actually BEING the player.
Rhys84au
Posted 05:16pm 08/12/13
this just in.. bf4 is not cod
Mosfx
Posted 10:37pm 08/12/13
I understand what Whoop is saying, so many times I can't climb over a little ledge until I find the correct spot that I am allowed to jump over it's annoying particularly when you are on the run from something.

Jumping and ducking is a bit lame, I don't see many soldiers doing that lol

I don't have much of an issue with lag I am normally under 30ms, I had a game last night with Server lag but so was everyone else.
Keato
Posted 09:19am 09/12/13
It has issues, netcode isn't great, server and client crashes are absurd.

But its a great game, its the best i've played in this style. Squad and join on Squad is great.
I'm rank 64 and it feels easy to progress, gun variety is good, vehicles are great. Maps play very different.

I do not have premium, won't buy it until they fix the issues, but I won't give up on it yet.

PS. Boats are cool.
ph33x
Posted 09:45am 09/12/13
I run 64bit myself, on a standard, core parking enabled windows 7 machine. I tweaked settings such as core parking and benchmarked the game to see no difference. All in all I'm using vanilla PC settings except Single Display Performance Mode set in the NV driver.
XandraX
Posted 10:30am 09/12/13
There are indeed some technical issues and a fair few balance issues as well (Time To Kill on some weapons is ridiculously short so you rarely actually have a firefight).

It's not as good as BF:BC2, and probably not worth the money at the moment IMO.
You must be logged in to post a comment. Log in now!