beware your nemesis
Blizzard spoke with us recently about what separates the Diablo III: Reaper of Souls Ultimate Evil Edition experience over the PC and spoke about platform differences. Click here!
inquiring minds
We chat with friend of the site Cameron Lee about Dragon Age Inquisition's endgame content, theorycrafting, tactical play and much more. Click here for our interview!
welcome to you're doom
AusGamers got a 15-minute live sneak-peek at the totally reimagined Doom at this year's QuakeCon. Read our in-depth first-look impressions right here!
highway to the danger zone
We caught up with The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt's game director, Konrad Tomaszkiewicz, to talk all things Witcher, monsters and open-world! Click here!
Post by Dan @ 09:32am 27/06/13 | 11 Comments
Accompanying a detailed blog from BioWare graphics programmer Matt Komsthoeft, is the first official screenshot from the company's upcoming and much anticipated RPG Dragon Age: Inquisition. Originally billed as Dragon Age 3: Inquisition, the game lost the numeral somewhere ahead of the release of its cinematic E3 trailer.
A cataclysmic event has plunged the land of Thedas into turmoil. Dragons now darken the sky, casting a shadow of terror over a once-peaceful kingdom. Mages have broken into an all-out war against the oppressive Templars. Nations rise against one another. It falls to you to restore order as you lead the Inquisition and hunt down the agents of chaos - your choices will forever change the Dragon Age.
The first glimpse at an RPG built upon DICE's Frotsbite engine tech, the image below is offered without context, but we think it's probably safe to assume that what we're seeing is a gathering of Templars, plotting their obligitory inquisiting.

Dragon Age: Inquisition is due in Autumn 2014 (Northern Fall) on PC, PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4, Xbox 360 and Xbox One.

Tollaz0r!
Posted 11:16am 27/6/13
So will this game be traditional style RPG like DA1 was, or the grotesque 'modern RPG' like Mass Effect?
Posted 11:31am 27/6/13
Hopefully more like Mass Effect
glynd
Posted 11:33am 27/6/13

I'm for more concerned about content than gameplay. I didn't think DA2 was that bad in terms of gameplay but the content was an absolutely shocker.
Tollaz0r!
Posted 11:46am 27/6/13
Hopefully more like Mass Effect

You're dead to me!
BladeRunner
Posted 12:03pm 27/6/13
Hopefully more like Mass Effect
You're dead to me!

+1 - Leave Mass Effect where it is and don't bring it here.
Posted 01:01pm 27/6/13
Yeah, I don't really want it to turn into Mass Effect, but I also hated the mute character in DA1. If they made the main character an actual character with its own voice/story (like Shepherd) but still the mechanics and more open ended nature of DA1 I'd be pretty happy. And hopefully more interesting and less repetitive than DA2 was.
deadlyf
Posted 01:22pm 27/6/13
If the combat isn't fun then the game isn't fun.

DA 2 was much more fun to play than the snorefest of DA 1, the only problem of DA 2 was the scale and seemingly irrelevant storyline. The main hope for me is that they fix the restrictive nature of their maps and worlds and make something more open and inviting.
BladeRunner
Posted 06:35pm 27/6/13
I doubt they will open it up more, its kinda ment to be linear. I just hope they dont f*** up the combat like DA2, Infact i hope they stay well away from anything close to DA2. I liked the combat in DA:O, more of a challenge.
ravn0s
Posted 10:34pm 27/6/13
my one wish is that they don't reuse locations like they did in DA2.

Icarus
Posted 11:41pm 27/6/13
I want them to bring back multiple origin stories. And add more races / upbringings.
Nerf Lord
Posted 12:03am 28/6/13
I think that it's been confirmed as humans only for the player char, probably due to the inquisition. Then again, they let you play a mage in DA2 and walk around that situation with magic leaking out of every part of you, and nobody blinked.