beware your nemesis
Blizzard spoke with us recently about what separates the Diablo III: Reaper of Souls Ultimate Evil Edition experience over the PC and spoke about platform differences. Click here!
inquiring minds
We chat with friend of the site Cameron Lee about Dragon Age Inquisition's endgame content, theorycrafting, tactical play and much more. Click here for our interview!
welcome to you're doom
AusGamers got a 15-minute live sneak-peek at the totally reimagined Doom at this year's QuakeCon. Read our in-depth first-look impressions right here!
highway to the danger zone
We caught up with The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt's game director, Konrad Tomaszkiewicz, to talk all things Witcher, monsters and open-world! Click here!
Post by Eorl @ 10:35am 07/06/13 | 5 Comments
After announcing that Australian servers would be coming to the popular MOBA title League of Legends earlier this year, Oceanic country manager MasterMirkinen has once again taken to the League of Legends forums to outline that Australian servers will be making their way to our shores "before the end of the year."

Offering a round-up of user posts, MasterMirkinen answered several questions relating to local servers, however revealed that Riot are not ready to talk about who exactly they have went with in regards to local hosting.

What the Oceanic country manager did discuss though is that the League of Legends developer is now in the process of hiring several new staff positions, including NOC and OPS roles. There was also mention of eSports plans, revealing that currently things are still up in the air but that the "ultimate goal for Oceania is to develop eSport to professional level." Obviously this will be a long process as local PRO eSports players are currently in the endangered species list, however the forum post outlines that Riot will focus on semi-pro organisations to help with development.

Hopefully we will hear more solid details including a launch date for Oceanic servers, but its definitely good news to hear that we won't have to wait too long for pings lower than 200ms.

qmass
Posted 12:10pm 07/6/13
In the mean time, stop being a tool and move to dota 2 which has had Australian servers all year despite still being in beta...
carson
Posted 01:05pm 07/6/13
Plus the game has more depth and you don't need to grind/pay to enjoy all the heroes.
Kiminoth
Posted 03:00pm 07/6/13
Tried dota 2 after playing lol for quite a while. Don't rate it at all in comparison. Personal opinion though.
WirlWind
Posted 11:07pm 07/6/13
I think it depends a lot on what you started with and are used to.

By all rights, I should probably be moistened over DoTA2, but I played maybe 3 games with it and lost all interest.

Just waiting for Aussie servers before going back to LoL.

And before you people say it must have been because I sucked or whatever the usual doTA fanboy defence is, I actually had top deny's and last hits on both teams in every game I played. I had a few derp moments because I didn't know the heroes I was up against, but every game I came out with good kill/death ratios and lots of assists.
Rominion
Posted 05:48pm 08/6/13
Ive played dota, hon, lol, dota2, smite and a multitude of other moba's. Stop it with the fanboi crap honestly. Each have there own merits and downfalls. Personally, League of legends is my favorite and has been for quite awhile, but that does not stop me from liking dota or start talking crap about others. It's nice to finally have Oceanic servers in the mix, finally some competitive play.