advanced warning: fun
AusGamers was given a chance to not only get hands-on with a portion of the multiplayer from Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare, but to also chat with Sledgehammer's Michael Condrey!
couch slayer
Diablo 3: Reaper of Souls Ultimate Evil Edition is now upon us, but it might as well be called "definitive edition". Read our review to find out why - click here!
Resident Evil Within
The Evil Within is creeping up just around the release corner, so we decided to take a look back at Shinji Mikami's incredible Resident Evil 4. Click here for more!
fella!
Wrapping up a tour in Australia and with Summerslam dominating August, we had a chance to chat with the Great White himself, Sheamus! Check it out right here!
Post by Eorl @ 10:46am 01/06/13 | 19 Comments
For those eagerly awaiting what Blizzard has in store for the silver screen, World of Warcraft movie producer Charles Roven has revealed to SlashFilm the status regarding filming for the MMO title.

Speaking with SlashFilm, Roven revealed that filming has been planned to start in the first quarter of 2014, with Duncan Jones (Moon, Source Code) on board to direct after Sam Raimi's version was stalled.
“First quarter 2014 we’re going to shoot that movie,” Roven told Germain while discussing Legendary’s plans. “We’re moving forward; obviously Legendary is making that film and I’m having a great time with Duncan.”
It is still unknown what exactly the film will be based on, and whether it will be live action or CGI. One thing we do know is that the film is expected to be released in 2015 but that could be pushed back thanks to the new 2014 filming date. One thing is for sure, we'll definitely be seeing an interesting take on the Warcraft universe.

Buy now from Games 101 Only AUD$28.95!

TufNuT
Posted 11:58am 01/6/13
too late, they took too long to start on the movie. 3 years ago this would have been awesome news, I think its lost a lot of its allure now. Also for those of us who have read the books and enjoy the lore I don't know how good this movie would be if they move away from that.
Posted 12:32pm 01/6/13
I don't think its too late, I mean it doesn't really matter about the current popularity of WoW tbh, because the movie is going to have to appeal to a lot more than just WoW players if it wants to be a success. Its like the Avengers, it appealed to a lot more than just people who read comic books, a Warcraft movie is going to have to pull off something like that to be successful. It has to walk that line of keeping the fans happy and giving them what they want, but being accessible and interesting enough to draw in everyone else too.
Reverend Evil
Posted 12:53pm 01/6/13
I'll go see it. How bad could it be?
deadlyf
Posted 01:07pm 01/6/13
They will revolutionize the way we pay for movie tickets.

Instead of paying for a single ticket to see the whole movie you will pay for an automatically renewing 5 minute subscription, you will also still have to pay full price for the ticket. The subscription does not include a seat, that is extra and you have to pay an administrative fee if you want to be able to purchase anything at the snack bar.

There will be two endings to the movie, one that ends right at a cliffhanger moment and one that ends 5 minutes later when the storyline has been resolved. The later ending is DLC and will cost you extra but will come free if you preorder months in advance.

Also the subscription doesn't automatically cancel at the end of the movie but once you cancel it online, you can cancel at the ticketing station but you will have to pay a fee to wait in line.
Enska
Posted 02:49pm 01/6/13
Yeah because Blizz are such a******* having a subscription based game, I can't imagine anyone else silly enough to try that.
Having said that, not really interested in this.
DK
Posted 05:36pm 01/6/13
I hope they just call it Warcraft. World of warcraft has such a nerdy connotation
Ice9ine
Posted 08:06pm 01/6/13
Very clever Blizzard.

Release the film in 2-3 years time when WoW is all but dead.

Regain some hype and interest in WoW.

Claw some subs back.

Earn more millions annually until 'Titan mark II' is out in 2019.

Full circle and start again.
Viper119
Posted 08:20pm 01/6/13
Duncan Jones is a pretty good director, Moon was ace.

Could be good, though it's hard to imagine how.
Enska
Posted 08:42pm 01/6/13
Validation and achievements are possible without effort?( ie working towards a set goal?)
wow,(haha, I laughed at my own unintended pun, f*** I'm drunk) please explain this awesome concept Ha.
Taipan
Posted 04:34am 02/6/13
ticket price will be 8 spider ichors and 1 grey bear tongue however you won't be able to hand them in until you reach exalted status with the steamwheedle cartel who run the box office. No word yet on exactly how to gain rep doing this although unconfirmed reports suggest that it may have something to do with bashing your head against a brick wall until time it self actually comes to an end.
Nerf Lord
Posted 05:20am 02/6/13

Winner. Only because that is such a perfectly generic MMO quest item list.

And f*** me I'd enjoy collecting those.
Mosfx
Posted 07:57am 02/6/13
Some of the Blizzard books are a fantastic read, as long as the movie is written well and based on the Warcraft universe I'll be happy. Naming it World of Warcraft would be stupid and I'd just wait until Blu-Ray to watch it lol
Morbz
Posted 04:41pm 02/6/13
Maybe will need to sign up for the movie?
TufNuT
Posted 09:30pm 02/6/13

god damn it all this talk about collecting spider ichors and grey bear tongues is making me want to start up my sub again..
Nerf Lord
Posted 09:40pm 02/6/13

I almost looked at free to play MMOs... God I love the grind. And you just know that there'll be somebody there to pvp with or talk stupid s*** while you feel mildly content with your life.
TufNuT
Posted 09:55pm 02/6/13
I almost looked at free to play MMOs..

I am currently playing Dungeons & Dragons Neverwinter *bows head*
arkter
Posted 09:31am 03/6/13
I am currently playing Dungeons & Dragons Neverwinter *bows head*

How is it? Never did hear much about it after its launch!
TufNuT
Posted 10:37am 03/6/13
Its ok, combat isn't boring, but the game is a little too closed world for my liking.

I'm playing a control wizard at the moment and I can pretty much face roll anything (PVE) up 3 levels higher, so Im not sure if control wizard is OP or the NPC's are under powered.

Talent system is interesting and I like the idea of having to think about which spells I have bound to my action bar depending on the situation. would be nice if they let you have 2 bars, one set up for solo and one set up for groups rather then constantly having to switch out spells.

Haven't really tried pvp yet might give it a go at some point, but pvp is not that important for me, just something to do when I cbf grinding.