to the moon, athena
AusGamers caught up with 2K Australia and Randy Pitchford to discuss the recently revealed Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel and why Australia is making an impact on the moon. Click for more!
Welcome to Planet Nexus
We take a brief dip in the MMO pool with Carbine Studios' WildStar, and find out just what Planet Nexus has in store for us. Check it out in our preview for more!
oracle of ages
Batman: Arkham Knight is set to be Rocksteady's final in the Arkham series, so it's fitting that it's just so damn big. And Batmobiles. Nuff said. Click for more!
Death Awaits!
It's finally here - has Blizzard managed to deliver on a series promise with Diablo 3: Reaper of Souls? We answer that question in great detail in our in-depth review!
Post by Eorl @ 11:33am 09/02/13 | 24 Comments
Developer id has unveiled the much-anticipated release of the official RAGE modding toolkit - the same tools used to create RAGE and its DLC, The Scorchers - via the Bethesda blog. The modding tools will be available later today on Steam free of charge and weighing in at a whopping 35GB+, which you will be able to find in the tools section of Steam.
Later today on Steam we will be releasing the official tool kit for RAGE – the same tools used to create RAGE and it’s DLC, The Scorchers. From the game’s world building tool, idStudio, to game maps and assets, the kit provides everything you need to get started with modding the first-ever idTech 5 title.

Interested? Before you start downloading the hefty 35+ GB file, the RAGE team has provided some documents to read. As described in the welcome document, these tools provided are complex and aimed towards “technically sophisticated and adventurous” modders.
For those interested, two documents have been released detailing all that is needed to get straight into modding. You can find these documents here and here.

Buy now from Green Man Gaming for only GBP£17.99 (USD$29.99 on Steam)!

joerocket10r
Posted 03:07pm 09/2/13
they should have released this with the game so the modding community could try and fix the shittiest game ever made
mental
Posted 03:12pm 09/2/13
Lol, I was just warming into it and bam, it was over
DeadlyDav0
Posted 04:39pm 09/2/13
Didnt they also just release DLC? Super late releases.
Zakson
Posted 08:08pm 09/2/13
After hating it, I now like RAGE, turned out to be a good game. Useless multiplayer, too short, bad ending, not enough big enemies to kill, but over all quite enjoyable still. Let's hope the community succeeds where they failed.
Enska
Posted 08:54pm 09/2/13
They dropped the dlc in december. not such a bad thing imo, maybe a month-ish late if anything.
tbh I prefer that to being a week or so after release and then giving us "awesome content add-ons" for the game that dropped two weeks ago!
also. some of you fags are kidding yourselves. shittiest game ever made? wow, you must have only ever touched the cream of the crop to land on that conclusion.

"0o 0o lets bag the fuck out of RAGE because iD are cunts that didn't give me character levels and perks and stuffz" yeah!
joerocket10r
Posted 12:30am 10/2/13
Enska, sorry but your on the wrong track. the pc version sucked ass. even the guys at id said it was terrible.
just because you like something doesn't mean everyone else does too. i try and play most games from minecraft to battlefield and if a game is shit its shit. dont take such offence.
and who are you quoting at the end of your rant? no one here even mentioned id
ps i still think it is the shittiest game ever made along with duke nukem
DeadlyDav0
Posted 01:33am 10/2/13
Enska, quick google said rage was released Nov 2011 so if ur DLC release is correct, thats just over a year later. I got rage a while after release and even then i finished it ages ago.

Ive said it before, i enjoyed the game. 7/10 for a solid shooter but with some flaws. I really think far too many people got too hyped for this game and expected magic.
glynd
Posted 11:25am 10/2/13

I agree. I just treated it like a straight forward shooter like quake/doom and really enjoyed it. It wasn't ground breaking but I found it fun.
Enska
Posted 01:16pm 10/2/13
Wow, I was all pissed up last night and for some reason assumed we only just hit 2012, haha that's a new low (or high depending on how you look at it!). Don't drink and type kids.

Edit *
just because you like something doesn't mean everyone else does too

Haha.
Also, I'm not quoting anyone in particular, just people with massive butthurt because RAGE wasn't the be all and end all so many idiots hoped it would be.
mental
Posted 01:34pm 10/2/13
I thought was good, bits were great, most of it actually, just so very short, was expecting more.
parabol
Posted 01:39pm 10/2/13
just people with massive butthurt

Oh the irony. Butthurt is when you call people fags, knobs and idiots, in an all-out raging defence of something .. when they were just offering their opinion.

It's even worse when you get your facts wrong and it's obvious you've never played the game to form an opinion of your own.

Back on topic, I'm not sure why they bothered to release this toolkit so late, and for this style of game. Also do people really make mods (without having funding / studio backing) these days?
skythra
Posted 01:50pm 10/2/13
Yeah people make mods when there is a good community of other modders. But usually that's because a game is inspiring to get the first few, and then the following modders are inspired by the first few growing a neat harmonic of mods building on concepts and ideas that each other has.

A dead game forgotten for over 12 months is not one likely to still inspire a user to mod. Not impossible, just odds seem stacked against it when every month there's half a dozen new release titles that will attract the attention away.

It's not the days of you either played quake, or you played counterstrike. ID is about 15 years out of date here with what they think a community is. They're literally a generation wrong in their thinking I think.
tvcars
Posted 02:24pm 10/2/13
Stick with Valve for modding folks, these fools won't support you.
badfunkstripe
Posted 02:29pm 10/2/13
I completely forgot I had this. I think I played it for a few hours when it came out.
Lennyagony
Posted 12:40pm 12/2/13
Anyone able to locate this on steam? region locked or am i just having a blond moment?
trog
Posted 12:45pm 12/2/13
Doesn't show up for me in the 'Tools' section. I'll see if I can find out why.
DeadlyDav0
Posted 03:04pm 12/2/13
I got it for my mate last steam sale. Its somewhere there.

trog
Posted 03:12pm 12/2/13
The game is there; the tools are not.
DeadlyDav0
Posted 03:17pm 12/2/13
Oh, the tools not the game. My bad.
Eorl
Posted 05:30pm 12/2/13
I did a bit of digging around and it seems the tools are not being shown to some, while others are able to see and download it. This is the current on-going thread via Steam forums, though it is looking like even the people who do have access to the download are finding out even then it doesn't want to load properly, with constant updates ending in a failure to open.
demon
Posted 04:50pm 12/2/13
i really liked rage sp :)

good ai... muties dodge n weave like crazy. those zipliner dudes were hilarious.. especially as i played it just after the southpark ep about ziplining. lots of enemies required you to go really hard if you had shitty weapons.

the driving parts were a bit crap but i still enjoyed the jumps n crashes.
Lennyagony
Posted 10:12am 13/2/13
Cheers for the reply guys, good to know im not the only one having problems with this.

And agreed demon, i really enjoyed Rage and have always been a little mystified by how polarized the community is.
eski
Posted 10:49am 13/2/13
If these guys are charging such unfair prices, how come some enterprising businessperson hasn't set up a cheaper alternative?
Lennyagony
Posted 02:24pm 16/2/13
The Rage Toolkit appeared in my tools section thismorning. I'm not sure if this is connected but if its still absent for anyone my suggestion is to run the 64bit version of the game and check your tools after a reboot.