AusGamers took Far Cry 4 for a hands-on spin last week. Read on for our full thoughts...
Far Cry 4 Hands-On Preview
AusGamers had the chance to sit down and chat with lead programmer and local Australian Ian Hern on all things Kraden’s Crypt.
Interview with Ian Hern on Kraden's Crypt
We take a look at all the local talent Australia has to offer for the gaming scene
Indie Friday: A Look at Australian Gaming
Joaby Gilroy takes The Sims 4 for a spin on PC and finds out just what the life simulator has to offer.
The Sims 4 Reviewed
Post by Dan @ 10:39am 07/02/13 | 10 Comments
Acclaimed indie game Chivalry: Medieval Warfare (AusGamers 9.0/10) has become the latest game to earn the new R18+ sticker from the Australian Classification Board, following its submission in preparation for a boxed retail release later this month.

ACB's overview cites high impact violence, and strong impact themes, which is understandable given the appropriately visceral nature of the game's melee-focussed combat.

The game has received equivalent ratings in other regions, with a PEGI 18 (European 18+), and ESRB M (North American 17+), however none of these are noted on the game's Steam page, where the game was originally released digital-only, last October.

QV Software and Lace Mamba are bringing Chivalry: Medieval Warfare to Australian shelves on February 21st 2013, with a RRP of AU$29.95, only marginally higher than Steam's current US$24.99.

chivalry medieval warfarer18r18+classification
Buy now from Green Man Gaming for only GBP£15.50 (USD$24.99 on Steam)!

Nathan
Posted 10:42am 07/2/13
Really?

The graphics on this game are terrible.
Tollaz0r!
Posted 10:51am 07/2/13
They are not terrible.

A large portion of that r18 probably comes from the ability to dismember corpses, legs, arms and head.

It is a fun, brutal game at times.
Nathan
Posted 10:52am 07/2/13
I played it a week ago (never having heard about it before). Until I saw this news article I assumed it came out circa 2005; never would have guessed it was a new title.
Eorl
Posted 11:09am 07/2/13
Nathan are you running a toaster? While it isn't Crysis level graphics, Chivalry still has a nice look to it and doesn't really feel "that" dated.
Winston
Posted 11:36am 07/2/13
So what happens to the game on Steam? I bought it in and October and am over 18 so I'm not concerned about that, but what about in the future, can the R rating be sidestepped by buying online?
Nathan
Posted 11:39am 07/2/13
Nathan are you running a toaster?
Just playing at a friends house, the PC is fine. Maybe it just auto-detected low settings for some reason, I didnt bother adjusting anything since I assumed it was supposed to look like it did.
DeadlyDav0
Posted 12:13pm 07/2/13
Typical graphics whore. QQ moar.
glynd
Posted 02:17pm 07/2/13

you know what they say about assumption...I thought the graphics were pretty fantastic when I played it over the free weekend. Nothing groundbreaking but definitely up to standard.

And worth the R18+. Heavy violence with dismemberment. Good stuff!
SheerObesity
Posted 03:19pm 07/2/13
The graphics are what i expected for a hl2 mod remake.
reload!