We chat with Blizzard's Tom Chilton on all things World of Warcraft: Warlords of Draenor
Talking World of Warcraft: Warlords of Draenor with Tom Chilton
We take the open-world of fictional Kyrat for a spin.
Far Cry 4 Open-World Hands-On Preview
We take on the Dark Lord and his minions in Monolith's epic action-adventure romp
Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor Review
We go hands-on with Ubisoft's next Assassin's Creed game, Unity, to see what all the revolution fuss is about
Assassin's Creed: Unity Hands-On Preview
Post by Dan @ 10:39am 07/02/13 | 10 Comments
Acclaimed indie game Chivalry: Medieval Warfare (AusGamers 9.0/10) has become the latest game to earn the new R18+ sticker from the Australian Classification Board, following its submission in preparation for a boxed retail release later this month.

ACB's overview cites high impact violence, and strong impact themes, which is understandable given the appropriately visceral nature of the game's melee-focussed combat.

The game has received equivalent ratings in other regions, with a PEGI 18 (European 18+), and ESRB M (North American 17+), however none of these are noted on the game's Steam page, where the game was originally released digital-only, last October.

QV Software and Lace Mamba are bringing Chivalry: Medieval Warfare to Australian shelves on February 21st 2013, with a RRP of AU$29.95, only marginally higher than Steam's current US$24.99.

chivalry medieval warfarer18r18+classification
Buy now from Green Man Gaming for only GBP£15.50 (USD$24.99 on Steam)!

Nathan
Posted 10:42am 07/2/13
Really?

The graphics on this game are terrible.
Tollaz0r!
Posted 10:51am 07/2/13
They are not terrible.

A large portion of that r18 probably comes from the ability to dismember corpses, legs, arms and head.

It is a fun, brutal game at times.
Nathan
Posted 10:52am 07/2/13
I played it a week ago (never having heard about it before). Until I saw this news article I assumed it came out circa 2005; never would have guessed it was a new title.
Eorl
Posted 11:09am 07/2/13
Nathan are you running a toaster? While it isn't Crysis level graphics, Chivalry still has a nice look to it and doesn't really feel "that" dated.
Winston
Posted 11:36am 07/2/13
So what happens to the game on Steam? I bought it in and October and am over 18 so I'm not concerned about that, but what about in the future, can the R rating be sidestepped by buying online?
Nathan
Posted 11:39am 07/2/13
Nathan are you running a toaster?
Just playing at a friends house, the PC is fine. Maybe it just auto-detected low settings for some reason, I didnt bother adjusting anything since I assumed it was supposed to look like it did.
DeadlyDav0
Posted 12:13pm 07/2/13
Typical graphics whore. QQ moar.
glynd
Posted 02:17pm 07/2/13

you know what they say about assumption...I thought the graphics were pretty fantastic when I played it over the free weekend. Nothing groundbreaking but definitely up to standard.

And worth the R18+. Heavy violence with dismemberment. Good stuff!
SheerObesity
Posted 03:19pm 07/2/13
The graphics are what i expected for a hl2 mod remake.
reload!