Publisher Paradox Interactive has announced a Magicka: Wizards of the Square Tablet, an new take on the coloured-robed characters, designed for touchscreen tablet devices. Unlike the original Magicka -- the successful action RPG developed by Arrowhead Studios-- Wizards of the Square Tablet has much more in common with 2D side-scrolling brawlers.
The new title brings the franchise's innovative and ridiculous gameplay to tablet devices in an all-new adventure, featuring everything that made Magicka a smash hit on the PC, including the unique element-combining spellcasting system, the twisted humor, and the robes of every imaginable hue.
The title features:
- Spellbinding Spellcasting: Combine elements to create thousands of spell combinations
- Original Story: All-new campaign for single or multiplayer
- Sizzling Tablet-on-Tablet Action: Cross-platform co-op between iOS and Android
- A Good Excuse to Trim your Friends List: 4-player mayhem with many "accidental" team-kills
- Fat Loot on Thin Screens: New items and powers unique to both iOS and Android.
- Semi-appropriate Humor: Spend hours touching a representation of yourself
Check out the debut trailer below.