beware your nemesis
Blizzard spoke with us recently about what separates the Diablo III: Reaper of Souls Ultimate Evil Edition experience over the PC and spoke about platform differences. Click here!
inquiring minds
We chat with friend of the site Cameron Lee about Dragon Age Inquisition's endgame content, theorycrafting, tactical play and much more. Click here for our interview!
welcome to you're doom
AusGamers got a 15-minute live sneak-peek at the totally reimagined Doom at this year's QuakeCon. Read our in-depth first-look impressions right here!
highway to the danger zone
We caught up with The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt's game director, Konrad Tomaszkiewicz, to talk all things Witcher, monsters and open-world! Click here!
Post by Eorl @ 04:17pm 05/02/13 | 11 Comments
DayZ developers Dean "Rocket" Hall and Matt Lightfoot have unveiled new footage for their upcoming title DayZ Standalone, revealing various new areas on the popular Chernarus map along with a look at the new UI and clothing. Alongside the release of the developer video is a new update to their Tumblr page, detailing where the team is currently at in regards to development and overall status.
Development is continuing to progress in extremely positive ways for us. The architectural decisions we have taken are providing continued dividends with the development of our disease mechanics, and in the ability to create notes in the world.

Inventory is fully synchronizing with the central database, including inventory inside clothing items. Essentially your clothing is like many little backpacks.

We’re getting plenty of bugs coming in from our closed internal testing, and we haven’t moved to our closed external testing just yet. There is still no timeframe for when this will happen, but we’re committed to continuing with these development updates and blog posts.
While a few of the more under-development systems like the new inventory are overed out with hilarious images photoshopped, the new gameplay video gives a great look at just how far the mod-to-standalone project is going. You can check out the full 15 minute video below, or head over to the Tumblr page for a more detailed look at what is next including hints at joining the development process very soon.

Buy now from SteamUS Only USD$29.99!

fpot
Posted 04:26pm 05/2/13
I am actually really excited about this game. I played DayZ almost to death and would have continued playing but the whole hacker aspect turned me off. Looking forward to a good solid mostly-hacker-free experience in the stand-alone.
Tollaz0r!
Posted 05:23pm 05/2/13
Yer I stopped playing DayZ mainly because I'd pretty much done everything, except vehicles however that was so buggy and I was never sure if there where even vehicles on the servers I played.

I do hope they add the ability to build little fortress type setups and have slightly more active zombies that where actually a real threat.
Chortles
Posted 07:05pm 05/2/13
To Tollaz0r!: Unfortunately construction is basically "end of the year" priorities-wise.
Toxus
Posted 07:14pm 05/2/13
The main reason I stopped playing DayZ was because of all the f***wit hackers everywhere, and it looks like in the standalone they will be f***ed off so I'll def be back in there
qmass
Posted 07:22pm 05/2/13
Holy s*** bro, that rocket fella sounds like he might be from the island of New Zealand ay.
DeadlyButters
Posted 08:26pm 05/2/13
he is qmass!!
carson
Posted 09:10am 06/2/13
So this going to see a steam release? If so, winner winner chicken dinner.
Trauma
Posted 04:26pm 06/2/13
So this going to see a steam release? If so, winner winner chicken dinner.

Yep, and it will use steam server browser. No more gamespy.
carson
Posted 06:56pm 06/2/13
Now I'm even more pumped for this game!
Whoop
Posted 06:59pm 06/2/13

I played it once, found it really boring just walking around pretty much doing nothing. This coming from someone who actually likes playing "The Sims". After that initial game though, no matter what I did I was always unable to get into another game so just gave up on it.
groganus
Posted 07:18pm 06/2/13
I had some great fun exploring this game with a couple of mates, spawning all over the map finding landmarks and all meeting up at them. I really look forward to the refreshing changes that standalone will bring.