to the moon, athena
AusGamers caught up with 2K Australia and Randy Pitchford to discuss the recently revealed Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel and why Australia is making an impact on the moon. Click for more!
Welcome to Planet Nexus
We take a brief dip in the MMO pool with Carbine Studios' WildStar, and find out just what Planet Nexus has in store for us. Check it out in our preview for more!
oracle of ages
Batman: Arkham Knight is set to be Rocksteady's final in the Arkham series, so it's fitting that it's just so damn big. And Batmobiles. Nuff said. Click for more!
Trial By Dirt Bike
We take a look at the fourth title in the Trials series, and the first to hit next-gen platforms. Does it live up to the name? Find out in our review!
Post by Dan @ 11:00am 01/02/13 | 19 Comments
A teaser video with the PlayStation shapes being about as fancy as they can be, is calling on viewers to "See the Future", suggesting that on February 20th 2013 at 6pm EST, Sony will be officially sharing some details on the expected next PlayStation console.

Of course, it could be something else entirely, but given that an assortment of press and Sony investors have also reportedly been invited to a "PlayStation Meeting 2013" event, to be held at the same time, the reveal of Sony's codenamed PlayStation Orbis console seems almost assured. We'll know for sure in just under three weeks time.

Reinjarl
Posted 12:23pm 01/2/13
Excited
eski
Posted 12:38pm 01/2/13
If they announce their next console, then what was this supposed to mean?
Dan
Posted 02:06pm 01/2/13
They can show off a few concept tech demos and perhaps announce a few games without actually committing to the final spec of the console.

At this point in time, with devkit hardware from both manufacturers already in the hands of many third party studios, neither of them can really feasibly change their specs too much, but they could do basic things like add more memory, more drive space etc. Revealing a few things before the other doesn't really change that.
E.T.
Posted 02:33pm 01/2/13
I really have liked the PS3. In the time we have had our fat PS3, we have been through 4 Xbox's which have died.
Posted 02:37pm 01/2/13
The only thing I've used my PS3 for since I finished playing Uncharted 3, is to watch blurays. Still glad I've got it, cos theres definitely some great exclusives worth playing on it, and I'm sure it'll get the dust blown off it when The Last of Us comes out, but I'm not really bubbling with excitement over the next Playstation. Guess it all hinges on what games it launches with.
Reinjarl
Posted 02:54pm 01/2/13
If they announce their next console, then what was this supposed to mean?

He has been out of the game for a while, that comment was blown way out of proportion. Sony and Microsoft pretty much have their hardware planned out. I think Sony's main concern will be releasing before Xbox.
l3wd_5c0ff
Posted 04:52pm 01/2/13
excited :)
ravn0s
Posted 05:31pm 01/2/13
i wonder if gta5 was delayed to be a launch title.
Eorl
Posted 06:37pm 01/2/13
i wonder if gta5 was delayed to be a launch title.

Doubt it considering there were reports about Rockstar having gone through enough trouble to get the engine working properly on current gen consoles.
Trauma
Posted 01:45pm 02/2/13

Like the suits counting the cash give a shit about how hard the devs have to work. /cynicism
Fixah
Posted 02:27pm 02/2/13
Not ready for the next gen consoles myself, still enjoying my 360 and plenty of games to catch up on.
Crakaveli
Posted 08:06am 03/2/13
I just bought a PS3 so i've got a lot of games to catch up on.

I doubt I'd buy a console at release anyway, I'll wait for prices to drop.
KDB
Posted 02:35pm 03/2/13
If it is the official PS4 reveal on Feb 20... Best B'Day Present EVER!
koopz
Posted 08:31pm 03/2/13
did they fix AssCreed 3 yet?

will AC3 work on the new console like it was supposed to?

are the games backward compatible?
ravn0s
Posted 08:41pm 03/2/13
i doubt it will be backwards compatible.
Zakson
Posted 08:49pm 03/2/13
So will the PS3 get another price drop?
Midda
Posted 10:15pm 03/2/13
Unlikely to be backwards compatible, the architecture will be completely different to the Cell in the PS3.
badfunkstripe
Posted 01:16pm 04/2/13
Didn't sony say a few weeks ago they'd let MS go first?

Weird.

I hope we get some idea on some games.
ravn0s
Posted 01:32pm 04/2/13
someone did a mock-up of what the new controller may look like based on the rumours circulating online.