EA has announced a new "Dev Team Edition" collection for their upcoming sci-fi horror title Dead Space 3 that will give fans an insider look into the development of the latest sequel by Visceral Games. The new collection will be available in two different versions; one that includes the Dead Space 3 Limited Edition game and the other that includes just the merchandise, however the game bundle is only being shipped to US addresses.
Dead Space 3 Dev Team Edition includes:
- Tin Collector’s Case: Measuring nearly 14”x9,” this case is covered with mysteries and trivia from all three Dead Space games, debossed with full color art based on the designs from Ben Wanat (Creative Director for Dead Space 3) and Dino Ignacio (UI Designer for Dead Space 3).
- Serrano’s Journal: Dr. Earl Serrano’s journal full of clues and haunting artwork of his findings on Tau Volantis has come to life with exclusive content by Chuck Beaver (Story Producer on Dead Space 3).
- Art Book: A 4.75”x6.5” hardbound book containing 96 stunning full color pages, plus exclusive material from the Dead Space art department headed by Alex Muscat (Art Director for Dead Space 3).
- Flip Book “Data Pad:” A 10”x7” book with a metal cover that contains 9 image sets made with clear PET cover sheets over heavy-weight cardstock. The flip book was designed by Dino Ignacio to be a functional prop version of the Dead Space User Interface in the game.
- Marker Statue: A 8” hand-sculpted, custom-molded polyresin statue that’s coated in metallic paints to replicate the maddening glyphs of the Black Marker.
- Med-Pack: The med-pack in the game has been recreated as a 14 oz. PET water bottle, perfect for carrying your beverage of choice.
- Poster Pack: A set of three 5”x10” single-sided posters replicating the nostalgic posters found throughout Dead Space 3 that depict an older age of space travel.
- Postcard Set: A set of six 3.75”x6” Peng themed postcards, double-sided with art on the front and Dead Space-branded postcard information on the back.
Currently only 5,000 copies have been made for the Dev Team Edition, so those eager enough to put down the USD$100 for the non-game bundle (currently only one available to Australians) can find more info at the official website