Rumour and speculation are all we've had to go on as far as the continuation of Rocksteady's Batman Arkham series, but a recent registering of myriad "Arkham" domains might finally be putting some momentum behind the acclaimed series' run.
While last we heard Rocksteady were slated to handle a Justice League game set in the Silver Age, the domain name registrations hopefully put the series back in the competent developer's hands, though there's nothing suggesting any of these are even specifically related to videogames.
Here's the list (thanks Joystiq
- Arkham Universe - arkhamuniverse.com
- Batman: Arkham Universe - batmanarkahmuniverse.com
- Batman: Arkham Arises - batmanarkhamarises.com
- Batman: Arkham Begins - batmanarkhambegins.com
- Batman: Arkham Dark Knight - batmanarkhamdarkknight.com
- Batman: Arkham Knight - batmanarkhamknight.com
- Batman: Arkham Legend - batmanarkhamlegend.com
- Batman: Arkham Legends - batmanarkhamlegends.com
- Batman: Arkham Night - batmanarkhamnight.com
- Batman: Arkham Origins - batmanarkhamorigins.com
- Batman: Arkham Stories - batmanarkhamstories.com
- Dark Knight Arkham - darkknightarkham.com
- DC Arkham Universe - dcarkhamuniverse.com
- DC Arkhamverse - dcarkhamverse.com
- The Arkham Universe - thearkhamuniverse.com
Interestingly absent from the list is "Arkham World" the actual term teased by thugs in Batman: Arkham City and part of a joke the Joker
hinted at at 2011's Spike TV VGAs. Hopefully this is the beginning of an official push for a third game in the series though, as its ending with Arkham City, and the countless expanded universe character teases left far more questions and plot points unanswered than answered.