We take a look at inXile's cRPG successor Wasteland 2
Wasteland 2 Reviewed
AusGamers takes a deep and hard look at just what Bungie has to offer in their newest sci-fi world, and just where our Destiny may lay.
Destiny Reviewed
AusGamers had the chance to sit down and chat with lead programmer and local Australian Ian Hern on all things Kraden’s Crypt.
Interview with Ian Hern on Kraden's Crypt
We take a look at all the local talent Australia has to offer for the gaming scene
Indie Friday: A Look at Australian Gaming
Post by Eorl @ 02:28am 09/01/13 | 16 Comments
Nintendo has revealed two new Pokemon titles for their 3DS handheld console, which will introduce the sixth generation of Pokemon into the long-running game and animation series. Along with the announcement comes a first-hand look at the three starter Pokemon that will be available to players, each one offering a unique look and abilities.
“We brought Pokémon into an entirely new dimension and we’re incredibly excited to bring Pokémon X and Pokémon Y to fans,” said Junichi Masuda, video game director at GAME FREAK inc. “The stunning visuals, a completely redesigned environment, game scenario, music, and communication features will bring smiles to the faces of video game players around the world.”
During Nintendo's first Direct stream of 2013 a gameplay video was showcased, which you can check out below for a glimpse at the entirely new Pokemon titles, including the revamped graphics and a short glimpse at the new Legendary Pokemon. You can also check out our game page for a handful of in-game screenshots as well.

Pokemon X and Pokemon Y will be available exclusively on the 3DS worldwide in October 2013 for the first time.

nintendopokemon3ds

Viper
Posted 01:30pm 09/1/13
Holy crap. I don't know why I buy into the pokemon games every time but my god am I excited for this!!!
Midda
Posted 01:34pm 09/1/13
I don't understand Pokemon games, or why theres always 2 or 3 different versions of the same game when a new one comes out (besides the obvious money-printing reason). Is it far too late to try one out at this point in the series?

You can jump in at any point, it doesn't really matter.

They're just game about exploration and progression with a fun, simple to understand combat system.

If it's not in the first 151, it can f*** off :P

I used to say the same thing, but then I got Pokemon Black and realised that was a retarded position to take. The new Pokemon are no more or less cool/retarded than the original 151.
Nerf Lord
Posted 02:41pm 09/1/13
I thought that Gen 3 had some nice ones. New grass starter is rubbish though.

Khel, I'd recommend grabbing an emulator and starting with either Generation 3 (Sapphire/Ruby/SpecialEdition), or the remake of Generation 1 (Fire Red, Leaf Green) which I think ran on the same engine.
Akuma07
Posted 11:43pm 09/1/13
Omg!!! THEY DID IT!! THEY FINALLY DID IT!!!

I don't own a DS or 3DS, simply because the current Pokemon games didn't seem worth a purchase, but this..... I have waited a life time to see a 3 dimensional pokemon world....

Nintendo....my wallet.... just take it.
Nerf Lord
Posted 12:37am 10/1/13
Oh and as for why they split them up into two per generation, it's an early system of encouraging a sort of multiplayer, where of the hundreds of monster types, there's a few that can only be caught in one version or the other, making them only gainable by trading caught thingies for caught thingies, and creating a bit of exclusivity and gameplay variety.
rootzpokemaster
Posted 06:24am 30/1/13
I think pokemon is indeed the coolest game in the world and anyone who disagrees should be kicked in the boingloings!
BladeRunner
Posted 05:02pm 30/1/13
Pokemon should look like this.

Protius
Posted 06:51pm 30/1/13
The music gets me everytime... I want this.